1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Wizards by Corwalch - G+

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by nonjon, May 26, 2006.

1. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Title: Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Wizards
    Autor: Corwalch
    Rating: G+
    Genre: Angst/Tragedy, Drama
    Warnings: Violence, Adult Language
    Summary: Harry was sent to Azkaban after being framed for murder in the beginning of his 6th year at Hogwarts. While there, he unlocks the "Power the Dark Lord Knows Not". What will happen once his former friends know he's innocent? Watch the fun
    Link: http://hpfandom.net/eff/viewstory.php?sid=1724

This is one of those guilty pleasure fics for me. A relatively standard Azkaban fic, but containing one of the more angry!Harry characters around. Most have him all fricking fluffy and lovey behind closed doors with the people who never doubted him and all of that BLARGITY-BLERG-BLARG. But this fic so far doesn't, and that's probably why I like it so much. He's angry. He's been angry. He's been staying angry. And they just keep making him angrier. If you like those rants where he rips into his betrayers this fic has scenes with those all too often. Super-powerful, killed Voldie, Dumbledore uses laws forcing him back to Hogwarts to finish school... and in the process try to "earn" forgiveness for Harry's own good. But so far, Harry's not giving any absolution. He's just causing them problems and yelling at them, pointing out their hypocrises.

Plot-wise, I'm sure you've seen it before, but like I said, for me, it's a guilty pleasure to read. If he ever starts forgiving, or losing his anger I may lose interest, but for now, it's a fun read.

Fic used to be on fanfiction.net but Corwalch took all his Harry Potter WIPs off there or something and as far as I know it's only posted at the link above.

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Oh, I do hate these fics where the whole point is the main character ranting at various other characters that had wronged him. I really don't see what people see in these rants, I usually just skip through them... unfortunately, with fics like this, that doesn't leave me with much to read :)

So, I have this on my HD and I marked it as 'read', but honestly, I don't remember anything about it. All the details fused together with other 10 or so RantingAzkaban!Harry fics I've read. They all seem the same anyway.

3. harryboy111

harryboy111 Guest

i really enjoyed this one and hope that harry doesn't start forgiving anybody. the only negative thing that i see is that this is like 11 chapters and you have only just gotten to the end of september. i mean it seems like each chapter is basically a week. now i'm not saying that that is a completly bad thing but i wish that it would kind of speed up.

4. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

Ok this is a good story. But its starting to get on my nerves. Enought with the " I want vengence on everyone because they all wronged me" already...I'll still read the story anyway.

5. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

This is one of the better Azkaban stories, I loved the last chapter were harry made hermione swear a magical oath to stay away from him. While harry is ranting a bit much about everyone that betrayed him so do I think it is needed in this part of the story because everyone is constantly pushing him to forgive them.

6. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I didn't like that oath part. It was stupid. I dont like hermione but she is clever. She's smart enough to know she could get rid of her eye and still make it. She is muggleborn so she know that people without sight can still read. Or she could just get eyes like moody. You can not tell me that Albus or her would not have though of that.

7. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

ouch.. i had begin that story, and liked it, even though it bashed some of my favorite characters (who are remus, harry, hermione, and dumbledore) but from what you are telling me... it doesn't change at all? it's still angry harry without anything else to spike it up? that's probably the reason why i discontinue reading so many fics. good beginning, but nothing to follow it up than other bunnies. No *plot* made... that s a real fall down of most ruthless harry fics. ah well... and my hermione T_t. Sniff.

8. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Its a good story. Even though the ranting stars to get old towards the end. Its well written and got a good plot. I enjoyed it.

This guys also has some other really good fics out. If you check his profile there are nice Charmed and Star Gate xovers. He also seems to be a member of the Dumbledore-is-a-manipulative-bastard Order. And he writes it well.

9. Cupspeaker

Cupspeaker Looked into the void

I dont like azkaban fics where Harry keeps on ranting and never actually takes revenge. This fic is not for me.

10. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

WTF are you on about? The revenge was actually creatively and sadistically pursued in this fic. This was decently well done.

read past the first chapter, cupspeaker...

11. Cupspeaker

Cupspeaker Looked into the void

meh, I skimmed through the first chapter before I trashed it. I will give it another try.

12. s0x5t

s0x5t Guest

I liked it. Way more realistic then alot of the other azkaban fics. I hate the ones where Harry is betrayed and then within minutes of being released he is friends with everyone again. Definitly a good read.

13. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

It was alright, I got to Chapter 4 before it dropped my attention, like the anger, dislike the abundance of cliches.

14. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Great chapter... Hope Harry use the life debts that Arthur and Ginny owes him to make them leave him alone or suffer a painful death of being killed by a spork or something :D

15. Kid Leo

Kid Leo First Year

I love this story and as long as harry continues to act like he has been I will continue to love it.

16. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

It took over seven months, but this fic was finally updated. Considering it's on a less popular site, I thought I'd inform those who don't regularly check hpfandom.net.

It still is more righteous anger Harry, prone to going on rehashed rants we've all heard variations of. And it still is enjoyable for me.
    We seem to be heading potentially towards a Harry/Luna pairing and on the bright side it looks like Ginny will be expelled. As soon as she can be turned back from a poodle. Man I hate poodles.

17. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I just read the last chapter (I had to reread the second last chapter to get back into the story).

I don't like Harry's ongoing monologues. He is repeating the same things over and over again, not only hammering it into the other characters' brains but also on my nerves.

Apart from that the way the author describes the situation at Hogwarts is quite good. There is an important reason for Dumbledore to force Harry back into the wizarding world (revealed a chapter before), not just the "he has to forgive us" scenario. The characters and their attempts to reconcile with Harry are not overly overdone - except stalker!Ginny, but that's actually funny and probably appreciated by a lot of people here. In response Harry not only threatens but acts against his former friends, and quite originally (see nonjon's post above).

Even if it is slowly updated and perhaps never finished it is worth a read.

That part was one of the elements I really like. You still think in Muggle terms - the spell must have affected a body part, in this case the eyes. Replacing the affected part would enable her to read again.

In fact she is not blinded and her eyes work normally. Instead she is unable to read - unable to understand "written" letters and words. There is no way around that other than someone or something to read it aloud for her.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  18. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

...couldn't she have had someone dig around for a spell that would allow anything written to be put into spoken words instead, and vice versa?

Anyways, this quote leads me to suspect that Ginnyslut will try the time honoured method of "I'll get pregnant and he'll be with me then" approach. Somehow, I get the feeling this is going to end very badly, for all involved.

19. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Ahh, this story, have been looking for it for a while, I loved this fic from the start. And that bitchy bossy Hermie got what she deserved. Honestly...Hermie is nothin' but a nagging little whore who thinks she's better than everyone else cuz she's got top grades and her stupid books. Well, yunno what? I'm glad she got that oath stuck to her, she should'a been more "clever" than that *snickers*.

In any case...it gets a 4.5/5 from me. One of the better Azkaban fics out there, and he's ganna get revenge at some point at the rate this author's going with it.

Richard.

20. gadriam

gadriam Second Year

I'm currently chomping away at the various Azkabanfics, and i really like the fact that this Harry actually has some long-term damage.
    His hatred is so ingrained it simply can't dissipate. While it might not be healthy, it's bloody entertaining, and who cares what happens to a doubly fictional character anyway.
    His treatment of Hermy was hilarious, dark and twisted. Great fun all around.

Now i expect him to either formally marry Luna as soon as she can say "I do" just to get all the W/Bitches off his back and take a stab at Ginslut, or get a serious dose of some lovepotion, act on it and go ballistic once it wears off. I can't wait to see what happens.

Fics like this one are a great release after a day of exposure to painfully moronic "co"workers. Issues? Who? Me?

g