1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt *\~ Game Started!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Chocolate Pi, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Chocolate Pi

Chocolate Pi Guest

~/* Witchhunt *\~ Game Started! Replacements needed!

PM me about being a replacement! We need one or two!

Rules and Roles Reference Link

Moscone Link

Living Player List Link
    (Haha it's just another link to Moscone!)

Dead Player List Link
    (Yup, another one.)

Game Log Link
    (Okay last one, I swear.)

Lazy and Ill-Formatted Player List:
    Code:
    "Eidolonic", "Ollie", "Sesc", "Lungs", "Fenraellis", "Seratin", "Sirion", "Mishie", "bob99", "Klackerz", "Menace", "CheddarTrek", "StrikerLee", "Lutris", "Bill Door", "castiel", "Rep The 21st", "jwlk", "guljons", "Geabe", "thebrute7", "Azira", "coleam", "Kalas", "Ashaya", "Uncle Stojil", "KaiDASH", "Makiri", "Moridin", "Platypus_Assassin"
    Total players: 30

Coven Witches: 4
    Junior Witches: 5

Villagers: 10
    Holy Villagers: 6
    Village Lovers: 2
    Village Spies: 3

If you have a problem with Moscone, email me. If you have any other questions, email me. If there is any sort of permissions breach (you can or can't see something you shouldn't/should), email me faster.

Email is faster than forum PM which is faster than asking in a QT.

My email is chocolate.pi (zip code: gmail)

Day 1 starts here: (bloody auto-merge...)

The town awoke to discover that their beloved theme writer, THEME_WRITER_NAME, had been slain during the Night!

"What will we do without our theme writer?" RANDOM_PLAYER_1 asked his or her peers.

RANDOM_PLAYER_2 was about to have a serious breakdown. "I... I can't even remember where we live!"

Many in the group nodded in agreement. "We counted on THEME_WRITER'S_NAME for so much." RANDOM_PLAYER_3 said whimsically.

"Apparently too much." The bitterness in RANDOM_PLAYER_4's voice took the group by surprise. "I mean, it's obvious that without a theme writer, we have no idea who each other are, what we are doing, where we live--heck, WHEN we live... does anyone know what year it is?"

"Nineteen... Tuesday?" RANDOM_PLAYER_5's face was strained in great mental effort.

"HOW WILL WE REMEMBER TO EAT IF WE DON'T KNOW HOW TIME WORKS?!?" RANDOM_PLAYER_2 was growing ever more hysterical.

"Alright everybody, calm down." RANDOM_PLAYER_6 sounded as confused as everyone, but the crowd was eager enough for something to believe in that they didn't care. "Let's all take a deep breath, focus, and come up with a vaguely plausible reason to start executing one another in a bizarrely orderly and democratic fashion."

"Easy." said RANDOM_PLAYER_7 in a no-nonsense matter-of-fact tone, "The metric system."

"I like it. So does everyone agree?"

PLAYER_RANDOM_4 was confused; "Sure, but I'm not sure what we are agreeing with."

"Wait, weren't you the bitter guy?"

"No, I'm PLAYER_RANDOM_4, he or she is RANDOM_PLAYER_4."

"That's... really stupid and confusing."

RANDOM_PLAYER_7 nodded. "That exactly why the metric system is at the top of our agenda."

RANDOM_PLAYER_1 chimed in: "But wait, does anyone actually know how to kill someone?"

The group murmured in dismay, but eventually found a helpful guide on the internet. This filled them with confidence.

And with that, the group of 30 people of undefined relation and location set off to find the BAD_GUY_FACTION_NAME members hiding among them.

Day 1 has begun! You may choose to lynch someone today, or not! The boundless platter of freedom that sits before you is dizzying. Either way, tonight the King will select additional players to serve in his Court! (Unless you lynch him today, which would be pretty dumb!)

Remember that voting in Moscone is the only voting that counts. However, it might be polite (read: not-totally-Witchy) to always clearly post your votes in this discussion topic as well, in bold. (For some reason, people like knowing why other people want to kill each other?)

Deadline for Day 1 is 3/31 6:00 UTC (Saturday)

And remember chaps, double click on the grid to vote.

Oh, and one last thing: Loose Cannon, whoever you are? Remember that your power will kill you. I would advise against selecting a target for your power just to see if it works. (Everyone else, go nuts.)

And with that, discuss! Do you want to lynch anyone? Who? What strategies should the town consider? Who should the King pick? Who should the King not pick? What should the theme be? Get chatty.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
  2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Yay, my first mafia game has started. Unfortunately it starts just as I'm about to go to bed, so I'll be unable to post properly for roughly 16 hours. First thing to do is chose who the king picks as members of the court I think, so is there anyone who feels they should be in it, and if so why?

3. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

U can't check moscone on my.phone. so I have no idea what my Role is :( ill post later

4. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So I'm really happy with my role, all you meta-players know what that means... I'm town! :awesome , it's been too long since I got to just hunt witches and not run around stealing souls or seducing. Or that one time when I accidentally fucked over the town as a tow- fuck.

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Is there a way to make the Moscone link... bigger? Normally I can use Control + to increase the size of things, but it's not working in this case. I have to lean over my keyboard and squint to make out the words, it's rather irksome.

Also heyo!

6. Chocolate Pi

Chocolate Pi Guest

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. You mean, Moscone itself, as in the Flash object? Sorry, such things aren't scale-able by the browser.

I can keep it in mind though, if text size/readability is a concern.

Alternatively, if my sarcasm meter is low on batteries again, I can fix that too.

7. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Checkin' in. Looking forward to playing with you guys, though things might get a bit screwy playing two of the same game on different forums. :/

8. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

So, Ollie's really happy with his role, guys, so you know what that means! He's scum pretending to be town! :awesome , it's been far too long since he's been able to randomly derp and get killed off.

Just kidding. He's the motherfucking Jon. Kill him.

On an entirely unrelated note, hi and stuff. Should totally pick me for the court. I'm active, and will poke people who aren't active with sticks until they reveal their scummitude. And stuff. I've played with some of you guys elsewhere, but looking forwards to actually playing a game on DLP. Should be fun.

9. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

So, I'm here and ready to play. Whoever the King is, you definitely want me on your court.

10. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Personally I'm a fan of the lack-of-flavor flavor. I found it quite funny.

11. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Hi, checking in.

So, first mafia game in foreverever. I hope I don't fuck things up horribly.

12. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Trust this man, my BatDar tells me he's town.

13. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Without even knowing my role I'm calling gambit lutris scum pair

14. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

You and me both brother. I think the last mafia game I played was close to three years ago.

15. Lutris

I haven't even done anything yet to warrant a whiteknighting. 0_0

Stop freaking me out- I don't want to die before it's Day 4 because fuck you guys for always killing me off early in every single game.

16. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Also, look out of the differences. There are a few tweaks to this ruleset.

Anyway, let's hope this game is more alive and stuff. GOD is dead! And I made a punny!

17. Eidolonic

I'm open to lynching Stoljili for that pun.

Just sayin'.

18. Lutris

I'll be working (unpaid home improvement/repair work huzzah!) for the next few hours but will have access with a mobile device. So I'll probably be lurking for a fair bit, just as forewarning so I don't come off as suspicious by attending to RL needs.

19. Eidolonic

Might as well go over Day One agenda.

1.) Personally campaign for court spots.
    2.) Mention others you have town reads on that would be good candidates for the court.
    3.) Poke people that aren't posting with sharp objects, or a few lynch votes to get them unlurking.
    4.) Lynch someone.

While 4 isn't a must, necessarily, keep in mind that we can lynch someone day one, unlike some variants of this game. Don't just jump on a random vote, make a day one lynch have a purpose - we have five days or so to discuss things and prod people who trigger scumdars.

If we don't get 16 people to agree on a lynch target, the Judge can be scum in this rule set. Which means an active town member goes splat, which is never a good thing.

20. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

hi guys!

Ensuring a town king's court is super important so this is the most important day 1 eveeeer.

I'd rather not have the king picking people based on meta (this guy is good scumhunt etc) but instead on whether or not the king thinks a guy is town, so that means we need to have actual talking and not just meaningless drivel.

Just a quick note on numbers,

Total players: 30
    Coven Witches: 4
    Junior Witches: 5
    Spies: 3

And /all/ roles are in play.

At this point I like Eidolonic more than sleb, and kind of dislike lutris because he's already talking about how he's going to eat a nk.