1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Things People Do In A Match That Annoy You

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Krogan, May 10, 2012.

1. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What I mean to ask are what are some things that people do while playing that just annoy the crap out of you? I'm not talking about item/rune/mastery builds or using an ability badly but actions that annoy you.

As a couple of examples I get annoyed as hell when people ping the map for something a billion times. I have no problem at all with doing it two or three times to alert someone that a tower is being taken or someone is coming at them but when they click the button a billion times even when people have blatantly already noticed and are heading there its shockingly irritating.

My other example is in a Dominion match when we have all the way up to four towers and the entire team ends up going after one person. That person isnt even a real threat and possibly even running away but because they all went after him at once the rest of the enemy team just splits up and at a minimum uncaps everything.

2. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

It is a kind of small thing, but junglers not pinging when they are about to gank. I always do it when I jungle, to ensure that my lane knows I am ganking. If my jungler doesn't ping, and I am focused on last-hitting under my turret or something, I may miss the incoming gank, and then get yelled at by the jungler for not noticing.

Really, really annoying.

3. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

4. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

I hate people that chew out the support for not warding when they have a free item slot.

5. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Excessive pinging bugs me too.

Not getting MIA warnings in the early laning phase is a bit of an aggravation for me, especially if I'm at mid. It's nice to have a bit of warning about possible ganks.

There's always the usual types of asshattery, but there are two things that really bug me.

The first is when someone acts like a total moron, and then tries blaming other people for the fact that they fail at LoL. I'm okay with someone being a noob, I was one once, and sometimes people just have a bad game or whatever. However, when you mess up own it, don't try to blame someone other than yourself.

Second is people who don't get how tanks/support characters work and think that pure kill count is the only thing that matters.

6. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I hate supports that don't ward. And I mean when they come back to lane without a ward at all. That's really your MOST important job as a support, and I don't care if you can finish your philo. If you don't have a ward, you are not doing your job. Everyone should help out with warding, but the support should ALWAYS have wards.

7. Krogan

High Score:
    Another one I just thought of, I hate it when people just assume you know exactly what they're referring to with a ping. I was playing a quick Dom game earlier and our Twitch decided that he wanted to try and take the top left tower, there was a Morgana, a Yi and an Ashe all visibly sitting on the tower and so when he pinged it we assumed he was trying to indicate something else since there wasn't any way he could be stupid enough to try and take them all on at once but literally a second after he pinged it he charged in by himself and got vaporized for all intents and purposes. He promptly flipped out and started screaming about how we were all noobs and a shit team for not attacking with him.

8. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

People that don't know what a back ping is. God damn, if you want me to retreat, don't throw a normal ping at me. Throw a back ping so I know to not go there and save both of us the trouble and time.

Also, purely passive supports and carries. I'm not talking about those who wait for opportunities, but those 100% passive that can't even harass the enemy but will eat it all day because they think their CC/Heal + Flash is enough to save them if people dive.

9. Krogan

High Score:
    This^

That drives me up the wall.

10. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    People using a language that nobody understands. Like russian. Had this guy, he was the only russian in the party but he was writing with big Cyrillic words, then rage quit. Nobody had any idea what was wrong with him, we were winning and there were no "killstealing".

Also I hate when people complain about kill steal. It's a fucking team play based game. If in a 5v5 I kill somebody because I have this ulti with anivia going on and then they complain about kill steal, that really, really annoys me.

11. Krogan

High Score:
    Me and Middy have had this problem a billion times, we'll get into a match and we are literally the only people who speak English in the match. It might not be a big problem but then they make plans in a language we cant understand at all and lose their shit when we dont follow whatever the hell it was they wanted us to do. I'm perfectly happy to help out/follow a strategy with the team but if I cant read what the plan actually is and am basically left trying to take a stab at whatever it is dont get pissy when we dont follow your strat to the letter.

12. Evan Tide

13. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Complaining about Kill Steal is just retarded in general. Net gold increases with the assist + kill now and in general is just better for the entire team.

14. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Kill stealing does exist and it does piss me off.
    There is a difference between killstealing and just helping to get a kill and happening to take it over someone else.

Yesteray WK (who has 100% of our deaths at this point in the game at 0-2 despite the rest of the team dominating) gets caught by 3 people in their jungle. He played like an idiot and was underleveled, underfarmed, and quite frankly underskilled compared to our opponents. Being this far out of position was just the latest of a series of poor plays of his.

He manages to run around with clone and bushes long enough for amumu and I to reach him. Amumu manages to bandage in, ult, followed by my ult (Fizz fish). Wukong ults and we pick up two quick kills on their mid kassadin and their jungle alistar. Vlad flashes away with 10% HP or so and wukong gets out with 5%. I flash after vlad and Q--W--Ignite. At this point, he is down to 2% HP or less, with my Fizz dot AND ignite on him. He runs a few steps and is down to 1% HP with both dots still ticking.

And then wukong FLASHES OVER THE WALL to killsteal. As he charges with his E, vlad Qs him and kills him, but wukong's hit kills vlad before my ignite ticks the last bit of damage.

In that sense, we went out of our way to save him from his own stupidity, he GOT a kill he didn't deserve at all already, and then lived. In order to take a kill that was 100% going to be mine (there was absolutely no way in any universe ANYTHING could have saved vlad from death), he flashed over and died. He wasted his flash and gave vlad a kill. He already had the assist, but wasted his shit to take a kill from me and let them have a 3 for 1 instead of a 3 for 0.

That's a killsteal, but it is pretty rare that someone does something so retardedly out of the way and STUPID to do something like that.

15. Krogan

High Score:
    My basic thing in regards to killstealing while it is annoying when it actually does happen a lot of people bitch about it at all the wrong occasions. If your in a big team fight and purely as an example a Fiddlesticks pops his ult and finishes a few guys off it might be a bit irritating to not get the kill but that isn't killstealing, its just luck of the draw more than anything else. However I've played multiple games now where someone on my team will see Im fighting two or three people on a tower and although they could easily come in and help me kill them they'll wait until the enemy finishes me off and then dive in after Ive softened them up so they can get the kills. That's killstealing and I want to smack the shit out of people who do that.

/facepalm ninjaed by Churchey.

16. Evan Tide

Retarded carries that don't harass the fucking enemy when their support is a Janna who has warded every god damn brush in the lane and then some, maxed shield and is giving it to graves practically every 10s, and has nearly maxed out CDR.

Like holy fucking shit, I can't help a carry who is retarded enough to think a shield Janna is able to harass a Varus or Blitzcrank with her shitty 475 auto range or spells that costs 100 mana a pop.

It doesn't help that the stupid fuck got hit by literally EVERY grab despite wards everywhere and him having dash ready.

EDIT: Even better is that blitz had no flash or ghost and Varus had no heal. We could literally harass the fuck out of them and never get ganked cause of wards, and the stupid fuck still messes it up.

/leftover rage at Graves last game.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  17. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Killstealing only bugs me in very specific circumstances. Churchy basically outlined it.

For instance, a carry has a kill secured all by themselves, there is literally no way they'll lose it, and a moron support or tank rushes in to take the kill from the AD or AP carry.

Or when a jungler sacrifices himself for a kill that's in the bag, like that dumbass wukong churchey described.

Besides that? People who don't shut up about irrelevant shit when we're behind but not too far behind that we could possibly come back. But they keep going on and on about top lanes first death twenty five fucking minutes ago.

SHUT UP. YOU'VE DIED THREE TIMES SINCE THEN BECAUSE YOU WERE TOO BUSY TYPING.

Hmm, people who steal fucking jungle buffs from the person who obviously could use it better or need it more, just because they dislike eachother. Such a shit move, and sometimes I consider it griefing/assisting the enemy team.

(There is no way that lee sin or riven etc need blue buff at level 14 more than the AP carry does.) Especially not right before a fucking baron engagement when every CD and spell gotten off counts drastically.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  18. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Oh sweet, a complaints thread!

People who recall out in the middle of the lane, in plain view of the enemy and not doing so to bait. Or those who ignore three consecutive pings to retreat, from multiple teammates. Or even worse, those who retreat slightly back, then decide hey, they're done pinging, time to jump right back in.

So basically, stupidity. I played with a Polish Vayne last week who kept diving, popping heal, and getting wrecked by a Leona, then complaining "LEONA SO OP, 3 CC."

19. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

20. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    When I play an awesome bot support game, getting my AD carry upwards of 5 kills before 10 minutes is up, and they just leave after game ends, without saying thanks. Or, more importantly, friend adding me so we can duo together for more face pwnage.