1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Do me a solid...

Discussion in 'Graphics Discussion' started by Zombie, May 14, 2012.

1. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Find, and post photos that you think should represent projectDLP. I'm creating forum themes for all the houses/modernizing the look of the current dlp layout, so give me:

Ravenclaw
    Hufflepuff
    Gryfindor
    Slytherin

and last but not least Dark Lord Potter. Alternatively, Light Lord Potter :s for those of you that would be into that idea.

Images should be royalty free, if you've snapped it I want it. Open-source images, no copyrighted shit cause I don't want to get into trouble for using it.

Clarification for people like Ash: If you find it, thats cool. If you have taken it yourself, even better. Or drawn, or whatever. I just want opensource.

Also, tell me if I was to do it, what you'd like to see on a welcome screen, supply images and content ideas.

Edit: Also, liking this post is cool and all... but I'd really like some input. I'll have some concept ideas up by tomorrow night, maybe post hex for the colors you think would be right for each house as well.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  2. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I spent quite a bit looking at images, and it's really damn hard to find something I want to look at every day.

I'm just gonna post a few, as I don't know what we're going for in each house theme.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm fairly positive I don't want people in the house themes, and I'd like them to be dark red, blue, etc. I do like the idea of text in a book, for Ravenclaw, perhaps. Or we could use the diadem, cup, locket, sword. That would look good.

3. Zombie

Whenever there's more content it would be easier to decide. I've just got a skeleton of what I want to do done right now, so sorry, no concept to post yet :( Just keep looking. Trying to get that drawfag lulu to do some artwork for us :s

Yeah, no people. This isn't SIYE I'm aiming for. I want something like the first one. Thats cool. I already have an idea for that for the welcome page.

Post hex, btw. I'm colorblind. I can't differentiate between blue and dark blue. and red and dark red, etc. all that well.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  4. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

These are kind of cool, the artist also has the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw versions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

These are shirt designs for Woot! so I'm sort of assuming they're copyrighted, but since I don't know jack about copyright I figured I'd link them anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  7. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I would like to point out that the mascot of Ravenclaw is an eagle, not a raven. Yes, I know how un-intuitive that is, but that's what it is.

---------- Post automerged at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

I would like to point out that the mascot of Ravenclaw is an eagle, not a raven. Yes, I know how un-intuitive that is, but that's what it is.

8. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had another folder of good ones for you around here somewhere bro I'll keep looking for wherever the hell I put them.

Attached Files:

9. Sacrosanct

Sacrosanct Auror

http://dailyhogwartian.blogspot.com.au/2010/11/hogwarts-shield-wallpapers.html

Take a look at these. Open source and pretty good. Thats also the kind of thing that I would like if I had the choice. Something simple and clean cut but vibrant like these.

Anyway hope it gives you some ideas.

You might want to consider doing Durmstrang or Beauxbatons as well. Or the MoM, or Death Eaters or Aurors or the Department of Mystery. It doesn't have to be solely Hogwarts themed.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  10. Zombie

Well, post pics for those themes then. Those house ones you posted were excellent. I think I will use them.

Thanks to everyone else. I'll have something up for everyone to see one day. I had time to work on them, and now I don't have so much time to work on them, so just kinda hoping to gather pics so that I can bust them out all in one day (shouldnt be too hard).

11. Sacrosanct

Sacrosanct Auror

Alright well... Durmstrang, Beaxbatons etc were hard to find but I still got some.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Beauxatons maybe?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A couple of crests
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Maybe a magical creature theme?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I also found this in my travels, probably not what you're looking for but still pretty damn awesome.
    [​IMG]
    And one last thing
    [​IMG]

12. Gnaga

Gnaga First Year

I have a ton of different angles of this setup I shot that you could use. A glass skull, snake, wand and hogwarts book. (high rez 2k images)

[​IMG]