1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Brass & Tax Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Hey congrats guys, I was gone for several hours and no one managed to cut the Day short by the time I got back. This must be a proud moment for you all, you each get a cookie.

@Riley, Citrus, and ika
    Big wall post incoming. …Yeah, might as well get used to this, guys. I usually make at least one a Day, it’s just how I play. Apologies?

--

This is basically for anyone that can answer any of these:

By this point, Zennith is at least confirmed to be in the ‘jail,’ and probably confirmed as the ‘jailkeeper,’ which I’ve gotten the impression is not an unheard of role. Does the role mean he’s townfirmed, or can the jailkeeper be scum as well?
    Are he, Citrus, and ika immune to NKs and other Nigh Actions?

Titus’ commute ability…does that mean that at the cost of X gold, she can leave the Town at Night, rendering herself immune to Night actions (such as NKs and Zennith’s Jail Summons)? If not, please correct me, otherwise, I’ll assume so.

And on possum…what I find strange is that people find it so strange. I’ve read some claims that it made sense in ATLA, yet not here? Sure, in ATLA they also had the soups so they just tossed the NK at Ollie, but this is a reveal-at-lynch Closed setting. There’s a lot more at stake in the unknown and quick, final determinations at lynch. On D1, not one of us knew what the roles were and what we could do, so they played it cautious and went for the easy, probably not defended target.
    And now on D2, they know that Titus can commute, Zennith is a jailkeeper, and there’s a jail, and who’s in it. I’m pretty sure they got a lot of information for holding off in bigger targets for one Night.
    And however little he did, Possum was still Town. A dead town is a dead town is a dead town.
    In killing him, they faced little risk and a lot of potential reward. And that reward is now reality. Why wouldn’t they have gone for him?

--

@Fonti
    I’m feeling ignored by both Blab and you. Not sure what that means particularly, but I thought we had something special, you know?

Why did you vote for ika? It was one of your first posts in D2, before he came back and started being pointless as hell, and before the whole jail mishaps with Zennith and Citrus, and before you ever gave a real case against him, unless you count that big post you made on D1, which was weak point, followed by weak point, followed by analysis dismantled by our resident ika-expert.
    Not saying ika is not acting scummy now, but at this point, I see no reason why you voted for him instead of me, who was right at the top of your list after Zeit.
    Not to mention how unwavering you’ve been about him whenever the conversation steered away from lynching him just a little. Do you know something we don’t?

…Did you just blatantly admit to having been trying to buddy Titus before realizing it was a bad attempt and quickly pedaling back before caught?

No, really, how else am I supposed to take this?

These good points are said long after the earlier posts and before you had the knowledge necessary to make them.

--

@Titus
    At the risk of shooting myself in the foot, my moves in the other game, while open, were always looking to manipulate others. And I always interrogate everything.

--

@Rubicon
    Are you trolling again? -__-

You honestly forgot about the double-vote?

--

@Irdium
    Yep. That’s exactly what I did.
    I responded to what was relevant, not what was ridiculous.
    Don’t make me repeat myself—I don’t address anything not in the form of a question, and if you do ask me something, you better make sure you’re not turning some idiotic irrelevant statements of yours into an equally idiotic question.
    I’m aggressive.

Your response to your random questioning is flimsy, but passably Townish.

Your exact words were “Who, other than fonti, is currently your top scum pick?”
    If that was truly what you meant, then you worded it horribly. If anyone can read that and tell me it reads as anything other than “we know you think fonti is scum, but who else?”
    So, no, I don’t believe you about this. It sounds like you’re backtracking.
    It’s a scumslip, to me, because when you’re tunneled by someone and your reaction is to say they’re scum with no reason for it (a mindset you projected on to me), you’re generally scum.

Also, where are you? This has been 1 of your 2 only D2 post, a huge step down from D1.

(off-tangent non-game relevant question: do you play WoW? You keep saying aggro.)

--

@Maiden
    I already talked about the wagon on my opening D2 post. I direct you to what I just told Irdium.

Maiden, I get you’re new, and are catching up, but I wish you’d give a solid read already. You keep going back and forth and rolling over at the smallest push. "I agree with this," "I thought the same," “changing my vote now.”

Do you have anything you feel 100%? Who’s your scumread following ika?

--

As for the rest…I don’t know where I fall.

On Titus and Rubicon, they’re roughly 80% Town. Or at least not-scum. Interestingly, my nightmare scumteam would be Titus/Rubicon/Zeitgeist/???.

On ika, I have no strong reads, mostly because he’s so useless…but then, that’s been my experience with ika as Town. I’m waiting the last hours for him to say something useful. In the meantime, I’m comfortable leaving my vote where it is.
    Titus’ claim he’s scum goes a long way, admittedly.

On Citrus and Riley, I have basically the same thoughts, watching their back-and-forths. They both lean towards Town most of the time: Their arguments range from plausible to fair, and they seem to be legitimately scumhunting. Yet Riley has some sloppy moments (the icecream question dragging us back), and Citrus really seems to be channeling his Dresden persona. Neither of them are very high in my list so I’ll just observe for now.

And Lee…No clue what to make of Lee. He voted for Blab not really because he thought he was scummy, but more to vote on someone. I haven’t really been paying attention to him.

--

Also is there a reason everyone is dismissing a third party/SK now? I brought this up before, and was told no one was. Now that’s definitely not true.

I mostly agree with Custer’s points on why there’s probably a third party, actually.

If there’s very obviously more than 3 scum in a set up like this, why isn’t a SK equally possible?
    I already explained by Possum would be NK’d in my opinion, as for the SK, couldn’t they have targeted commuting Titus, and failed? Are we informed if they failed, like with the soups? Is that why no one’s thinking on this?

You can try to claim that I’m trying to distract Town, if you’d like, but ika’s almost certainly lynched toDay, so no danger of that. Why not use the time to plan for the future?

How would saying “eliminate all scum” give any sort of information about the set-up? We already know there’s scum. There’s no reason not to say it unless there’s more factions.

…All this tells me is that I should never mod. This is exactly something I’d see myself doing as a mod.

--
    P.S. Moving away from my game persona for a second to say thanks for addressing my questions, Titus and Citrus.

2. Titus

Titus Squib

@Sloth,

Accurate points on your statements. As far as I'm concerned, your behavior is sufficient to warrant a town read at this time. Does it mean you are town? No. I'm open to the possibility that you are a scum. It makes you dangerous as scum, but because you are taking hard positions, you'll have to hard reset or look really bad if you keep hitting town or present faulty logic or present too much knowledge. Scum must do one of those. If I have a bigger fish to fry and you appear town, that satisfies me in the early game that you are town, especially if others attack you. The lack of survivalism in your posts also indicates that you are town.

The assumed knowledge (that Zennith was blocked) you give to Fonti as a basis for doubting him is inaccurate. I commuted, so there's no need for Zennith to be blocked. Also, note Zennith's word choice. He said his action failed, which is consistent with my commuting. The mod has roleblocked as an optional feedback on the first page.

That being said, I like your comment about the "impersonation" but for different reasons. He's attributing things that make no sense, which suggests that he's caught in an analytical tunnel. I know the signs because it happens to me frequently and its one of those things that makes me go... maybe Fonti is scum after all.

I've also been thinking more about the gold mechanic. If my commuting ability is tied to gold, then it's logical to assume that scum abilities are tied to gold as well. Who is the most likely to mess up and give gold to scum or at least not give the gold to town? The guy who hasn't posted.

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

ITT: Sloth irritated that people called his NK choices bad.

4. Titus

Titus Squib

Does anyone else find it weird that Riley wants to no vote?

---------- Post automerged at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

While I disagree with this entirely, the proper response is to egg him on and continue call his choices bad and try to draw a slip out of him. There's obviously some emotion in his wall (particularly the parts about him and Ird going at it). See if he's more invested in the scum kill being smart or his scumhunting. If his ego and emotion are more trapped in the scum kill, it would suggest he is scum.

---------- Post automerged at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Sloth check the flavor listed in the group unpostable quicktopic. Mafia likely made the shot on Possum. I don't have evidence of a third party, so either they are inept or non-existent. If the latter, no need to worry. If the former, we'll know when they strike.

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

My priority for the past 24ish hours has been to lynch ika. Engaging with you would have been a distraction. But sure, now that the vote's pretty set, I'm willing to start a fight.

You say weak points against ika, I say compelling evidence that he's a scummate with you and Zeit.

Just look at him. He doesn't care about scumhunting. If he did he wouldn't keep those observations limited to the jail qt and would have actually attacked someone in his catch-up post instead of asking pointless questions.

Ika is the beautiful bridge linking you and Zeit together. Don't worry, we can just lynch you toMorrow.

Nice rolefish. What do you think?

No, I admitted to trusting Titus' judgement because I believe her to be town and intelligent. Again, I've got to ask you, where's the scum motivation?

6. Titus

Titus Squib

Fonti, I know ika. Yet, I know ika doesn't fit into neat little boxes. That's why I can't be one hundred percent certain an ika lynch will land on scum. Trying to place him in that box was exactly why we have that baggage. Supposing there's nothing ika would say that would explain his actions is off. He clearly has a motivation of somesort behind his actions.

I'd like him to explain them. I like ika's letter being filtered through analytical players, which suggests ika is indeed scum. ika's voice shouldn't sound so dramatically off to where I had such doubts as to ika being the author.

He'll have the opportunity to explain. I would expect him to be back in about 3 hours.

7. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I can absolutely guarantee you that Ika was the author, as he discussed it in the jail chat.

8. Titus

Titus Squib

He discussed the note in jail chat and he didn't have a reaction as to you possibly jailing me? Did he ask you to substantially be involved in the editing of the letter?

I have no doubts as to ika being the author now but the speech sounded off.

9. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Vote Count 1.8
    (8 to lynch)

ika (6): fontisian, blab, Titus, Maiden, Rubicon, Luckylee
    Zennith (2): Custer, Titus
    Irdiumstern (1): Sloth
    Riley Poole (1): Citrus

Abstain (5): Zennith, ika, Irdiumstern, Riley Poole, Moridin

10. Zennith

High Score:

I had nothing to do with the editing of the letter at all. He asked us if it would be okay to hint at the jail mechanic without going in to it in full, which we were both fine with. Again, I think I said this before, but I didn't explicitly state that I was going to bring YOU in, Titus. I'd tossed around names like Sloth, and Fonti was in the mix as well.

11. Rubicon

ika should claim

12. Titus

Titus Squib

Zennith, I'd expect ika to respond with my name as a possible jail target even spontaneously. ika likes to make games about us two. The fact that ika knew there was a jailor mechanic, presumably knew that you could jail someone and just sent me the message at the start of the night is beyond odd. It suggests someone who knew I was going to live through the night. Why send a message to someone who might die and thus not reveal it to the group?

13. Sloth

Excellent question.

I should have specified, but I meant that they were good points at the time she made them, before you revealed your commuting ability at #324.
    I admit I didn’t remember the roleblock feedback, though.

Ok, sure. Now get to the part where you tell me how I’m wrong?

Ego and emotion play are not good ways to move against me: I’m a pragmatic player, I only use emotion if it’s convenient to me. And my own considerable confidence is not about to be compromised by people I just met, no offense.

And yeah, I'm convinced Possum was a Scum-kill, my theory revolves around that. I guess we wait to see what happens toNight.

--
    …ok, I can accept maybe ‘posts that might point to scumminess’, but compelling? Keep in mind we’re talking about your post on #154, where you analyzed 3 posts, 2 in the same manner that in no way connect to even confscum Zeit, much less me.
    And the last one, on post #125, you tried to make a statistics game out of who he addressed the most. This is the strongest one, and I sort of agree with it, but Titus has a point on how annoying ika is. Still, this is, at best, something to sort of look into, not ‘compelling evidence’.
    Especially not when the case against me was three times its size, and 10 times as strong. (not that that’s saying much at this point.)

I think I started D2 thinking you’re Town, but if ika flips Town, then Irdium is almost certainly newb!scum who may have given away his scummate in his slip.
    If Ika flips Scum, Irdium is not as strong a possibility, but still worth looking into.

Are you pretending to not see it? Oh yes, what could scum possibly have to win by buddying up with the two-voter. Let me ask Lexi and Lyrium what they have to say about that.
    Yep. Trust Titus. Definitely not try to agree with her to seem on her side before realizing it could be a trap to see who backs her up and backtracking.

14. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

im on break and have little time, i will be back in about 2-3 hrs to give my huge catchup.

if you guys want to lynch me during my absense thats fine. just consider all the notes that i have to be lost.

15. Rubicon

claim please

16. Sloth

...That's the scumiest thing Ika's said by far. Why would he throw a guilt-trip line like that that assumes we would end the Day early just to lynch him?

17. ika

no guilt trip, just letting you guys know.

@rubicon i basicly did when i was talking to titus, im a messenger who can send letters from the jail to people.

laern to read.

18. Zennith

High Score:
    I'm almost tempted to now, but I'll hold off on my vote. We only need two more to hard lynch and end the day, after all.

19. ika

anyway back to work. my role is kinda useless due to the fact that the entire jail chat has been revealed

20. Zennith

High Score:

See, I hear that, and I think to myself, hmm. That sounds like a scum role. Someone who is in the jail but can find ways to pass messages on to the outside world? That sounds to me like the power of someone who is locked up, not the power of someone who is running the jail or staff, etc.

Maybe that's reading too much in to potential flavor, but it's going through my mind.