1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Trumpetmon: REBIRTH

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Striker, May 19, 2014.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Eeh, I'm probably just going to load up my old AR and use the door-warp to come out at Far Away Island, Birth Island, and Naval Rock like I did years ago. Whether or not I do so during the League run or wait until I've trounced the Water Lord and his merry men first is yet to be seen.

2. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    So I've been avoiding Winona(and thereby the right to use Fly) so I can hoof it back and forth. I'll probably save her for last after I fell Juan. Finally looked up where to acquire the Strength HM after fruitlessly speaking to everyone on every route - of course its the guy I've been avoiding in the tunnel. Blah. Pummeled May in front of an overgrown convenience store, the security footage of which is no doubt going viral across youtube even as I continue trekking aimlessly. Coupled with all those interviews I keep giving, my name will soon be known from Rustboro to Sootopolis in a matter of days!

Ran into some mooks seeking to graverob Mount Pyre, and like the noble citizen I am, I dutifully beat them even blacker-and-bluer than they chose to appear as. Pitifully their leader leaped from the peak with an orb clutched tight to his chest - no one told him ancient stones don't float like lifesavers. The old couple and I mourned him momentarily.

Once I had Strength I was free to dominate the lundlubbers burrowing deep into Mount Whatsit, unleashing a torrential spew of magma across Lavaridge nearby in their carelessness. Groudon's personal spa now suitably drained, it took leave for quieter routes with a hearty roar of disgruntlement, while Maxie, no doubt suffering from heatstroke, blamed the loss of lives and legendary upon my own actions until we agreed to place the blame on the outcome of our coming battle.

He was suitably slapped back to rationality and sent off to clean up his mistakes. I paid a momentary tribute and departed to drop off Shedinja in the Breeding Center-- daycare center, whereby which I saved my journey's notes and settled in for a brief nap.

STATS

Name: Zenzao.
    Time: 00:10:48.
    Badges: Five.
    Caught: Sixteen.

'Mons
    Helios the Blaziken
    Level 60, Quiet.
    Moves: Blaze Kick, Double Kick, Bulk Up, Peck.

Mercury the Kedabra
    Level 36, Quiet.
    Moves: Role Play, Psychic, Shockwave, Psybeam.

Nidhoggr the Sableye
    Level 10, Careful.
    Moves: Rock Smash, Scratch, Cut, Night Shade.

Poseidon
    the Maril
    Level 5, Impish.
    Moves: Tackle, Defense Curl, Surf, Strength.

Loki the Ninjask.
    Level 21, Hardy.
    Moves: Leech Life, Sand-attack,Fury Swipes, Mind Reader.

3. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Okaaay, time to get caught up.

Maxie haunted my footsteps into Mossdeep and set to work conquering the space shuttle endeavor. Those silly Hoennese, don't they know that spacefaring shenanigans are for Team Rocket?

Anyway, I knocked him down to good old terra firma then proceded to break the Twins.

Sent theironborn-pirates to feast with their Drowned God deep below the seas once they reared their heads again. Archie managed to survive by clinging to Kyogre's fins and was resuscitated in due time, more's the pity. With constant rain spouts and 420blazeit days scorching down the whole region has rather gone to the dogs. Nevertheless I persevered and hunted down a wyrm gnawing on the roots of the sky, good old Jormangandr, who in turn ate the other beasties and settled down for another ten thousand year nap. Crisis averted.

It was smooth sailing through Juan's Gym, Bulking Up the low tide here, Double-Kicking through the rocks there, the rare Blaze Kick to light a way to the shoreline. Dugongs a'plenty.

Eventually Juan himself greeted me with his trusty Kingdra. I insisted that we dine on well tenderized seahorse that night to honor my victory.

With the Rain Badge in my possession it was another long swim to Moat Cailen Evergrande City. For a time I was stumped by its defenses, but a fellow by the name of Wally showed me the way in whilst the guards were sleeping; the slaughter was brutally satisfying.

After emerging victorious, I healed my wounds and took the long voyage back to Fortree to claim my last prize of war- a bucket of roast chicken.

One brief Fly later and the doors of the League flung wide open.

Syd melted back into the darkness; Pheebs retreated to Mt. Pyre on an ominous wind; Ice Queen fell to pieces; and old Drake ate his tail.

Thus was the path to Wallace cleared.

I found him strumming a lute about my deeds with Jormangandr, drifting in his little boat in the lake, what a strange fellow. Wallace broke tune to congratulate me on making it so far so soon. I never saw the currents turning against me, the leviathan lurking beneath the surface, his great white wail, the kraken and the king of crabs. All at once the truth was unveiled.

Helios had little and less to stand upon, but that little boat Wallace, the true Drowned God, had abandoned to swim with his team. Six times Helios Bulked Up, bracing for the maelstrom that sucked him into a vortex of rain and death. And six times he unleashed his own wrath, Earthquakes to envy the making of the lands.

Thus was the legend of Zenzao. concluded, and our names etched eternal into the walls of the Hall of Fame.

Stats
    Zenzao.
    15:14 game time.
    17 Pokedex entries.

Helios the Blaziken
    Level 76, Quiet.
    Moves: Blaze Kick, Double Kick, Earthquake, Bulk Up.

Mercury the Kadabra
    Level 44, Quiet.
    Moves: Role Play, Psychic, Shock Wave, Trick.

The End...?

4. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    So yeah. The Journey Continues.

Legendaries bent to my will: 2.
    [​IMG]
    Hagoromo the Mew
    Level 30, Sassy, baby.
    Plain Pokéball(15 throws, ~3 points of health, 1st encounter).

[​IMG]
    Kaguya the Deoxys
    Level 30, Lonely.
    Premier ball(9[249] throws, ~3 points of health, 5th encounter).

Brought out my Weather Ditto(Castform) and used Hail and Powder whatsit to chip away at their health. Usually scored a Freeze that thawed after five turns, still couldn't catch them at that point. Had to be extremely patient. Also took entirely too long to remember how to work Deo's puzzle.

Currently saved at Naval Rock and about to approach Ho-oh for the... 8th time. Stupid turkey keeps getting Crit'd every time I have Helios' Bulked Up to the 4/5th degree and Double Kick for the second turn. Going after Lugia if(when) I catch the Phoenix.

5. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Haah... Twas a smoking ruin left in our wake worthy of Groudon itself. Countless times we met, flame for flame, fist for feather, talon for talon. I had nearly abandoned the task for impossible... but in the end the human spirit will ever reach for the truth-utter victory. I choked that bloody chicken until it cawed Uncle.

Legendaries bent to my will: 3.

Hylia[more on that in a minute] the Ho-oh.
    Level 70, Naive.
    Premier ball(21[~400]) throws, Nth encounter).

Bulked Up, Blaze Kicked, Double-Kicked, Crit'd and was Crit'd back, each member of my team was KOed, revived Helios on the last spare party member just before it ate a 10g Swift to the face.

Bulked Up a few more times, Hyper Potioned until it ran out of Fire Blasts, kept slinging balls whenever it dipped below half-health. Was also outsped every turn which helped in spirit(as the bird couldn't trollolo-Recover after I hit it into the sweet spot, theoretically raising the odds in my favor though it never stayed in on those super-low turns anyway, natch).

Eventually I opened my trusty PokegearNAV and started browsing the Net with my free hand. I happened upon info about a certain Zelda title showing up at E3 so I opened that up and glanced over to my other hand just in time to see the last turn in the ball hold and that most joyous of sounds, a successful capture.

Thus, my plan to name it Ashura to Lugia's Indra evaporated in honor of the distraction. I guess that old idiom, a watched pokeball never holds, is true!

Now for the seadragon. Thar be leviathan swimming in the belly of the earth, son. Best think twice before wading down to meet them(I already tried once in between bouts above, should have invested in more Revives last time I was on the shores; its a OHKO to Helios with rain and water pumping from the maw).

---------- Post automerged at 23:40 ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 ----------

Cue the trumpets, my lords and ladies gathered round. The Beast of the Seas is mine.

Legendaries bent to my will: 4.

Sacrificing Blaze Kick for Rock Tomb, I pinned Lugia's wings to the earth beneath about thirty tonnes of stone from the many-vaulted ceiling above our heads. Daylight steamed down to disrupt its cries of Rain Dance, Helios' nimble movements evaded Hydro Pump twice before the growing pool tripped him up and he was briefly drowned.

A few shuffled Revives and Hyper Potions later, Hydro Pump was well exhausted before I sent Helios back into the fray to Bulk Up and Double Kick the everloving Rage out of the Dragon.

Demise the Lugia.
    [​IMG]
    Level 70, Modest.
    Premier ball(17[19] throws, 2nd encounter)

For extra annoyance, I had it very far into the red on the first two turns and it stayed in the first ball for 3 out of the 4 times. SUCH DISAPPOINT. MUCH IRE.

But yeah. That's four of the sumbitchs down, still got the Regi-trio, the Weather Trio, and that ever-annoying Latias to track down. I might skip out to tag her Bro Latios and collect their Soul Dew to break my fast tomorrow.

6. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Cue the trumpets, my lords and ladies gathered round. The Beast of the Seas is mine.

Legendaries bent to my will: 4.

Sacrificing Blaze Kick for Rock Tomb, I pinned Lugia's wings to the earth beneath about thirty tonnes of stone from the many-vaulted ceiling above our heads. Daylight steamed down to disrupt its cries of Rain Dance, Helios' nimble movements evaded Hydro Pump twice before the growing pool tripped him up and he was briefly drowned.

A few shuffled Revives and Hyper Potions later, Hydro Pump was well exhausted before I sent Helios back into the fray to Bulk Up and Double Kick the everloving Rage out of the Dragon.

Demise the Lugia.
    [​IMG]
    Level 70, Modest.
    Premier ball(17[19] throws, 2nd encounter)

For extra annoyance, I had it very far into the red on the first two turns and it stayed in the first ball for 3 out of the 4 times. SUCH DISAPPOINT. MUCH IRE.

But yeah. That's four of the sumbitchs down, still got the Regi-trio, the Weather Trio, and that ever-annoying Latias to track down. I might skip out to tag her Bro Latios and collect their Soul Dew to break my fast tomorrow.

7. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Gah, stop it, Zenzao! You gotta give me time to catch up!

8. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Kukuku! You'll be less happy still when I tell you that I caught Rayquaza too last night.

Hamura the Rayquaza.
    [​IMG]
    Level 70, Docile.
    Poke ball(2 throws, 1st encounter[On this save/file. I don't know how much throws and encounters on the last]).

Honestly, I'm still in disbelief that it went so easily this time. Had to eat a couple of Fly's, but Bulking Up and Double Kicking worked just fine, no Outrage from it and no Rock Tomb from me.

I'll probably name Groudon and Kyogre Ashura/Indra now when I go hunting them down in a week or so. Also shipped the first four over to SS in case my cartridge gets any funny ideas about its save file(as FR has screwed me twice now).