1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Forging the Sword by Myst Shadow - PG13

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by DreamRed, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

You're not being serious, are you? Have you forgotten what the title of this fic is?

2. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, dude. The sword has been forged.

3. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Then we should be looking at a sequel ;)

4. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    We're on "Book Two". Says so...somewhere. Use yer eyes.

5. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Awseome story. Stopped reading at chapter 11 last year because I thought it had been abandoned, never been happier to be wrong. The already very good writing skyrocketed, it's the only non-DLP 5/5 fic I've ever read, in HP.

Already said, and I completely agree, best Harry-Ron-Hermione interactions. I'm realy excited to see how will Durmstrang be and how Harry will fare there. Please let it be Harry/Fleur.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  6. Russano

Russano Disappeared

Harry/Fleur is the only thing that could make this story better.

7. gbbz

gbbz Professor

This Harry with Fleur? Not really. He would probably run away and consider her a seductress and an evil influence, he has a job to do after all.

I do not think it should be that kind of story. Harry/Fleur stories are usually justifying the age gap present at their age (14 vs 17) to be a matter of Harry's awesomeness. I hope it will not be the case with this one. There is a greater difference between 14 and 17 than there is between 20 and 30.

I sure hope there will be no weird parirings or in fact any at all. This story stands on its own, you do not need weird veela-bird sex to make it more appealing.

8. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    I'm rather looking forward to seeing 'outsiders' react to this Harry, especially Fleur and Krum. Myst has done a good job with other peripheral characters so far, so it should be interesting.

Also interested in finding out how Harry has been wrangled into the Tournament.

9. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Personally, I'm more interested in Durmstrang and the tournament in general. I wonder what his tasks for the whole thing will be, as it seems highly unlikely the author will just simply rehash GoF.

10. Owimbowé

Owimbowé Fourth Year

Personnally, I want to see how she will handle Dumbledore. He and Harry are bound to have more interactions.
    Also will the pov be focused on Harry exclusively?

11. psihary

psihary Groundskeeper

... I've got a polar bear for a neighbour...
    This ^

I'm really looking forward to what Myst has planned for the tournament and Durmstrang, and also the other champions and their characters, if they have any big part in the story.

Naturally, if there is any romance in the story it should be between Harry and the hottest girl around :)

I disagree :D

12. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I dearly hope this fic has no pairings at all, just platonic friendships all around.

13. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Good romance with Fleur would be positive, but the potential for disaster is too high and the risk is not worth it for this story. Seriously, would you risk ruining it completely just for a chance to make it a tad better? *sigh*

14. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not really hoping for any sort of pairing from this story. Fleur in particular doesn't seem to fit the bill for this story in the slightest.

I'd be okay with, and even enjoy, a slowly (SLOWLY) developing romance as a side-line plot, but I'd prefer that no form of romance take any form of primary focus away from the rest of the story.

Just not worth it, imho.

15. psihary

psihary Groundskeeper

... I've got a polar bear for a neighbour...
    I suppose you can't really say that now, if you haven't seen what Myst will do with the tournament and what role the other champions will have in the story, can you

For all we know, Fleur might not be a champion at all, or be involved in the story in any other way than just being the Beauxbatons champion. She might as well become a major character for that part, by being dragged in whatever plot Harry will find himself in.

We have started on the second book, where the whole action will take place in completely new/different setting. The whole tournament might be a story of it's own, without Ron and Hermione there(although even that might not be true, though I'd prefer if it is so), and a dozen other plots Myst might develop just for it

We don't know who/how/why included Harry in the tournament. We assume what should happen based on other fics, but we just might be in for a surprise.

I personally don't really care if there will be a pairing at all at this point of the story, but that might change depending on what is to come. A romantic/flirty twist on things/interactions between characters doesn't make a story bad IMO.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  16. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Gonna be interesting to see who put Harry's name in the Goblet. Crouch Jr. and Pettigrew are out and Bertha Jorkins hasn't had the secret ripped out of her mind, so how did Voldemort: a) find out about the tournament, and b) who put the name in? Did he possess some poor schmuck, do it himself, miraculously find another Death Eater?

I wouldn't even be entirely surprised if Voldemort didn't have a part in this and it was something else.

This might be the push Sirius needs to escape, if he gets wind that Harry's taking part in the Triwizard, and him escaping at the same time that Harry's put in the Triwizard is gonna raise some serious alarm bells.

17. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    I think Jorkins has been compromised, actually. There was a line about how she had suddenly become competent or gotten her head on straight. I'm assuming she's either being impersonated or outright possessed.

18. cash0maker

cash0maker Third Year

^ Does that mean no nagini?

19. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

This is for the honor of going to Durmstrang, so as far as we know there has been no goblet selection process. That is for selecting the champions, not for who gets to represent your school. If the goblet was being used, there would be no mini-tournament for them to decide who is selected.

Since this process is just to find who will be representing Hogwarts it is hard to believe there would be magically binding contracts like the goblet behind it. It could be something as simple as Fudge wants the Boy-Who-Lived to represent Hogwarts.

Guess we will find out next chapter. Awesome story is awesome.

20. marleyandmarley

marleyandmarley Squib

I don't think so, the other students had already left for Durmstrang when Harry was summoned, and Harry explicitly says he been selected for the Triwizard Tournament. Pretty sure he's a champion.