1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Yet Another SiblingWhoLived Fic by pstibbons - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by ip82, Oct 6, 2006.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Title: Yet Another SiblingWhoLived Fic
    Author: pstibbons
    Genre: Drama/Humor
    Rating: T
    Pairings: H/Hermione
    Suggested category: "Alternates"
    Summary: AU, GOF, HHr. Slytherin Harry is the overlooked brother of the BoyWhoLived, and the boyfriend of Hermione Granger. They decide to go public with their relationship in their fourth year, and change things within the school. Breaking Draco is a good start.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3182770/1/

As the title says, yet another Sibling-Is-Boy-Who-Lived fic; But this one is a good one.

It's a 4th year AU, Slytherin!Harry and Hermione are already a couple... and they decide to go public with their relationship, resulting in houses coming together and all that crap.

So, in a way, the story is eerie similar to "Unsung Hero", only much less dark and angsty. The main focus here isn't war of Voldemort, but mostly teenage and school stuff, like Quidditch, romance, Triwizard Tournament, mystery of Harry's mother etc. Kinda like good old Jeconais' works - light drama, a touch of humor, some romance and a fairly competent and relaxed Harry. Very refreshing read, if you can handle cudly H/Hermione romance.

4/5

2. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

Excellent story (as allways).
    Finally a H/Hr that did not make me throw up.
    3.7/5

3. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Not overly bad, but its irritating to read how the girls hit their boyfriends if they don't agree with them. How pathetic is that. 2.3/5

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Heh, chicks love that shit. Makes them feel good, to be able to bitchslap their boyfriends whenever they like...

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

IP... you sound a little whipped? Lol.

I have nothing else to read so I'll give this a go.

6. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Just boyfriends?

My best friend's girlfriend has most likely hit every male within a 1 mile vicinity of her home.

Anyway, from what I remember after reading it before, this is a fun read. The kind that has a mature plot with a few chuckles inside.

I keep getting reminded of David Eddings works when I read this.

EDIT: Grammar is good for the soul. Silly me.

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I couldnt even get passed the first chapter. Seriously, what the fuck?

"Lets duel in the middle of the Great Hall, it'll be great fun!"

That part of the chapter was what killed it. The dialog in that scene wasnt so hot either. Its like them Independent stories where Harry rants about his life and does it in a totally unrealistic way. What kinda retard speaks like that? Yes, I realise they were 'putting on a show' for the rest of the students, but it just didnt flow right.

Blah... 1 out of 5... actually, no. I wont rate it since I havnt read the rest of it, and that'd be unfair.

8. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...enough. [​IMG]

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Vampiress? What...

I decided to give this another go and nearly collapsed. I know you said it focus' on things like school and the like, but fuck me sideways.

Everyone just suddenly starts noticing that Paul - which is a fucking shit name for the BWL, btw - is an arsehole after Hermione and Harry's little lame show? Things just seem to be happening because they can, now.

Urgh.

10. Xenon

Xenon Professor

I had high hopes for this fic. I realy did.
    OHHHHHH YEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
    [​IMG]
    At least, that was my initial thoughts on the fic. But my disapointment was unparaleld when I came to the conclusion that Harry would not in fact be boneing his step-mom. after awhile I came across more lines in this snoozefest that stood out.

To make this next section remotly interesting(and this entire post less PC), I have replaced the word "Vampire" with the word "Nigger"
    ^This alone almost makes it deserve the trash bin.
    MY MIND ASPLODE!

But all in all,. If you can get over the 'Harry is not boneing his step-mom' thing, its not that bad of a fic. Its still a rather dry read and not that enjoyable. I'll rate it as 2/5, pending re-evaluation.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2006
  11. Wisdom's Mountain

Wisdom's Mountain Sixth Year

Whipped!Harry isn't exactly my cup of tea. I hate how author's write about how girlfriends "cutely" hit their boyfriends when they're wrong, but say it's abuse if the hitting goes the other way. :wall:

What would you say is a good name for a BWL?

12. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,

Are you fucking kidding me?

He'll sleep in a classroom just so he can continue going out with a bucktoothed know-it-all.

Suicidal, eh.

All from the first chapter. I quit.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2006
  13. PsychicLunar

PsychicLunar Third Year

... I've read the first chapter and I must say that it's not exactly what I can consider the best read. There's something missing... besides an absence of fluffyness that is. Maybe if I read the next two it'll become clear? Either way, it's not great but it doesn't suck as bad as other stuff I've read. And Paul is not a name for fame... I didn't mean to rhyme that.

14. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

Definitely won't go into my To-Read list. I just can't read this shit no matter how many times I tried from morning til evening. It doesn't have the quality or style of writing I'm used to. I'd give 1/5.

15. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It has some upsides though. Chapter four is published now, with Harry participating in the Triwizard Tournament, and the story is not following GOF but original.

The downside of this chapter is the I'm your mother thing.

I will follow the story if it doesn't become too crappy. The chapters are long enough to skip the boring parts and still have a decent amount to read.

I say 3.5/5.

16. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Harry? Lol.

Anyway, this is getting binned.

17. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Since chapter 10 the story really becomes original. There's nothing with GOF anymore. Voldemort uses unique tactics; the Ministry is supporting his cause, perhaps even willingly; and the full war starts around Christmas.

So nowadays I'd give it 4/5 for originality and pace and really fast updates.

The downside: The fast updates seem to hinder the author to employ a beta-reader.

18. bloodmage

bloodmage Backtraced

Ya, I've been following this fic since it started. The author updates every alternate day with about 4k chapters, which is a great point and sets it above most other fics.

In here Harry is independant... He isn't a lap dog to Dumbledore, and he doesn't care much for his father and godfather who neglected him. The downside is that this is not too Harry centric, because in later chapters like ch 7 onwards, the spotlight shifts towards Lily, who is a vampire and teaches DADA.

The ministry is really cool to read about, how they target the people with the "S" mark on their faces (mainly slytherins), and how they are targetting vampires and werewolves.

Lily is gone now, and so maybe the spotlight will shift once more back to Harry but I doubt it.

A major pet peeve of mine is Harry's obsession with Hermoine... Meh, not really major now. He does ok romance, but it's not my cup of tea.

Ya, this author is filling my mailbox with his updates.