1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story Searches that don't require their own Threads - II

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dark Minion, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Story Searches that don't require their own Threads - Part II

Rules

This thread is for easy to answer questions for specific stories. Use this thread if you are looking for one specific story and can't remember title or author. Of course you need to provide us with some details to identify it.
    This thread might also be used for searches looking for something similar to xyz... if you expect only very few answers.

Start your own thread if you are looking for good (or bad) fics of a certain genre, a certain pairing, with certain plot devices, ... and you hope for or expect a list of stories to provide you with hours of entertainment. Label the thread with an adequate title:
    • Wrong: "Ima lookin for sumthin awesum"
    • Right: "Ninja!Harry wielding a Katana"

How to answer a request:
    This thread is for asking and answering requests for stories. This thread is not to be used for further discussions.
    If you answer, please
    • Quote the posting of the person looking for the story
    • Submit author, title, link, perhaps the fanfiction.net summary and stats
    You may ask for further details of a story, but please do not start a discussion about plot elements, authors, evil!manipulative!abusive!Dumbledore. Doing so might earn you an infraction.

Edit Jan. 11. 2015
    To Clarify:

If you are looking for something and you expect only one short answer, post your question here.
    If you already know or expect that you might or will get several stories in return, start a new thread.
    If you are looking for a certain pairing, you will most likely get several replies - except perhaps for something absolutely rare.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2015
  2. golan

golan Temporarily Banhammered DLP Supporter

Do you know some good Lily x Sirius fics?

3. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Headmaster

I swear, it's as if you didn't even read the opening post. I don't know if deliberately trolling or what.

4. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

I repeate my previous request.

I'm looking for the AU story with five Houses in Hogwarts (Remus Lupin is a head of the fifth house), wizards not using wands, and Neville being arrogant BWL. Ginny or Twins are resorted to the fifth house because they don't want to be Gryffindors anymore.

5. golan

Sry, overlooked it.

6. Ishaq

Ishaq First Year

I am sure that there is a Thread, that might be more suited for this question, but I couldn´t find it and I don´t want to start a new Thread.

Is there any good/decent Harry Potter Quest out there? I only know Probellum´s, some crack!Quest and that one Hermione Quest on SV (Which I don´t read).

7. Starfox5

Starfox5 Seventh Year

I am interested in this "Hermione Quest" story. What's SV?

8. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  9. golan

Not a fanfic-publish site such as ffn? What a pain to archive that stuff.

10. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

Many, though not all, GMs have an archive thread where the story bits of a quest are posted.

11. Starfox5

Starfox5 Seventh Year

Thank you.

12. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I was just linking the forum. I don't even know what story you're talking about.

13. Starfox5

Starfox5 Seventh Year

This one. Archive links in first post it seems.

14. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Headmaster

So my search is for a Naruto fic which I suddenly wanted to read very randomly. I read it a few years back, and I don't remember whether it's abandoned or not. It's about a Naruto who, somehow, is directed towards making his own jutsus. He's in Team 7, like in canon, but isn't quite friendly with either Kakashi or Sasuke. In fact, I'd say that his relationship with Kakashi is borderline animosity. He makes his own jutsus and writes them down in scrolls, and his relationship with Sakura sours when she takes a (unauthorized) peek at them. He almost refuses to talk to her, or even look at her.

One part of the story I remember is a very tired Naruto walking down the street, and Sasuke asking him innocently enough to show him the Rasengan. Naruto simply does it once, and then goes off home, not knowing that 'Sasuke' is actually a henged Kakashi who looked at the Rasengan with his Sharingan.

It's a Naruto/Hinata pairing, though the romance is almost non-existent at this point.

15. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

You would be looking for this, Legacy of the Rasengan, by Tellimicus Sundance.

16. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Headmaster

Yup, that's the one. Thanks, kinetique.

17. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I tried reading it many times, but it's basically a canon rehash with little actual change.

18. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It might be this:
    Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone by Myrddin Ignis Magus THE FINAL
    AU: My reworking of the first book. A "WHAT IF" series. I have altered the magical worlds history in some areas. Harry is not the BWL! And doesn't know who his parents are. There are five houses! And no silly wand waving! Magic doesn't require one!
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Adventure/Mystery - Harry P., Ginny W. - Chapters: 11 - Words: 46,486 - Reviews: 140 - Favs: 152 - Follows: 171 - Updated: May 5, 2012 - Published: Jul 31, 2009 - id: 5262976

19. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

Can someone recommend me a Fic with a good characterization of Dumbledore? He doesn't have to be the main character, just an interesting one.

20. xvector

xvector Second Year

Magicks of the Arcane is a great one.

Can someone recommend me a fic where Harry Potter is feared by the Wizarding World? Where people cower at the very mention of his name?

EDIT by Minion:
    This is exactly the kind of question that requires its own thread. It's clear there will be several answers. It's also obvious, that quite a few people on here are interested in in this kind of story.

Follow ups can be found here: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=27849

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015