1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Spider-Man Fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Invictus, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Is there fanfiction of the new movie where Peter and Gwen do move to England? Cause Spidey trying to acclimate himself to London whilst living with Gwen would be kinda cool to read. Could even go down a slice of life way, with the focus being more on trying to live a normal life with his powers or I don't know, just stuff when they are in London.

I really haven't forgiven the movie for killing Gwen. (and yes, I knew that she died in all the comics but fuck canon if it's shitty)

2. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

3. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Headmaster

Here's one based on the Tobey Maguire trilogy. This one takes place just after the second movie. It was one of the first fanfics I'd ever read which was not HP. Quite short, and explores one simple premise. What if Peter met someone he'd saved on that train (while fighting Doc Ock in the movie) and that someone recognised him? I rather like it.

Just a Face On a Train - https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2093771/1/Just-a-Face-On-a-Train

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's a good one. I enjoyed it.

5. Xcaliber

Xcaliber Muggle

So there's one here that I enjoyed its based in the ultimate marvel universe and it's ok not library material but not too bad either https://m.fanfiction.net/s/3968110/1/

A fifth Spiderman clone is created and manipulated into killing Peter Parker. In order to deal with his guilt he continues the fight, creates his own identity while also avoiding capture from S.H.I.E.L.D and investigating the mastermind behind the Clones

EDIT: So for some reason the story has everything underlined on its first chapter and it bothers me but the story is still good

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  6. crimson sun06

crimson sun06 Order Member

7. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

8. crimson sun06

crimson sun06 Order Member

They are good fics. But Perpendicular is her best work and one of the best I've ever read.

9. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Hey, was just looking for some of my old favorites, and noticed that Transistor by Chris Myer was taken down. Apparently the author had some writers block, but that was a while ago. Anyone have a copy of what was up there?

10. Jarsha

Jarsha Seventh Year

Is this what you're talking about?

11. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So Tangled Web got me really craving a good Stark or Banner/ PP mentorish fics and holy jesus, there's like nothing that doesn't immediately piss me off for completely butchering either Stark or Parker.

I feel like I need to steer clear of this universe entirely in FF. I love the characters in the Marvel Movie universe, but any author who can't nail their voices just immediately gets on my shitlist...

12. Eyron

Eyron Seventh Year

It only starts at ch7 :(

13. Jarsha

Jarsha Seventh Year

I did a bit more digging, tried the wayback machine, but FFNet seems to be the only place that the whole story was posted. If the author had a yahoo group or forum for his stories, you could try poking around those.

Could always just contact the author as well, if you ask nicely he might be willing to send you a copy.

14. CrackedMind

I feel like the biggest problem is that more often than not, there's slash. Tony is with Steve. Tony is with Coulson. Tony is with Bruce. The angst is high, etc.

15. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't read slash, so I can't say. I'm more bothered by authors just not getting Stark.

Seeing him being completely uncharismatc, not the smartest person in the room, constantly being caught flat footed in conversations, stammering, ott sentimental, blushing, hesitating...

It's just not Tony Stark. Nor interesting. It actually makes me angry - which says more about me, really...

16. CrackedMind

I haven't finished it yet, but I found a story that's fairly enjoyable. The initial set-up requires some suspension of disbelief, but it doesn't take long to get into the meat of the story.
    Involves a semi-reformed Loki and Spiderman, and gives a reasonable explanation for why the Avengers are named the Avengers.

17. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

So I'm going to bump this up and hope someone found something new, since I failed at it.

Romance/angst/drama is fine to me (I'm on a kick for it actually) aslong as there's no slash.

18. Hush

Hush Seventh Year

High Score:
    The Spider by I'mjusttryingtofindmyway - https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12592223/1/The-Spider

Waking up in a hero's body is one thing, being a hero is another. SI, where Peter Parker's body is taken over and the new owner realizes the world needs a hero, it needs a Spider-man. Fully using Peter's genius, the new Spider-man finds a balance between being a hero and a teenager. Will include MCEU and more. REVIEWS!

The author suffers from poor proofreading skills and they don't have a beta but the story is decent popcorn. They are giving Peter too many powers for my taste and seem to be doing so for the sake of diversifying him but often forgetting to utilise them properly, which is frustrating. I'd much rather a more tight story where Peter focuses on his own strengths rather than trying to become super!OP. But then the author makes Peter develop his own gadgets which is my biggest plus for this story. I personally love that aspect of Peter that most authors, even the movies (looking at you Homecoming) forget. He's scrappy. He's intelligent and incredibly inventive. I think in the original run of the comics Spider-Man would have a new villain introduced for them to hand hand him his ass only to then invent a device to grant him victory.

The rate of update is good, usually a couple of chapters a week, but usually two in one go. Seems to be going into a general harem but Peter seems to only be serious with one girl at a time... so far. Be warned who knows where the author could go. Also be warned of smut. And general shitty angst of Peter raging like an classic indie!Harry at times. Also, no slash.

Honestly, give it a go. It's got plenty to sink your teeth into but it lacks the true depth that you might get from great fics.

19. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I just wish the author wouldnt write sex scenes lol, it's been a while since I've read such a shitty smut.

20. Agent

Agent High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I know it's been 2 years but I am seconding Coulson's Eleven. Awesome story with just a tad too much tell than show.

Low 4/5.