1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Other Fandoms Story Searches that don't require their own thread

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dark Minion, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Story Searches that don't require their own Threads - Other Fandoms

Rules

This thread is for easy to answer questions for specific stories. Use this thread if you are looking for one specific story and can't remember title or author. Of course you need to provide us with some details to identify it.
    This thread might also be used for searches looking for something similar to xyz... if you expect only very few answers.

Start your own thread if you are looking for good (or bad) fics of a certain genre, a certain pairing, with certain plot devices, ... and you hope for or expect a list of stories to provide you with hours of entertainment. Label the thread with an adequate title:
    • Wrong: "Ima lookin for sumthin awesum"
    • Right: "Ninja!Harry wielding a Katana"

How to answer a request:
    This thread is for asking and answering requests for stories. This thread is not to be used for further discussions.
    If you answer, please
    • Quote the posting of the person looking for the story
    • Submit author, title, link, perhaps the fanfiction.net summary and stats
    You may ask for further details of a story, but please do not start a discussion about plot elements, authors, evil!manipulative!abusive!DumbledoreKakashi.

Edit Jan. 11. 2015
    To Clarify:

If you are looking for something and you expect only one short answer, post your question here.
    If you already know or expect that you might or will get several stories in return, start a new thread.
    If you are looking for a certain pairing, you will most likely get several replies - except perhaps for something absolutely rare.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  2. golan

golan Temporarily Banhammered DLP Supporter

Other Fandoms Story Searches ...

Has anyone a copy of "Eva Revolutions", it got pulled off FFN.

3. golan

golan Temporarily Banhammered DLP Supporter

Has anyone a copy of "A History Of Magic" (Puella Magi Madoka Magica fanfic)?

4. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Wizard!Naruto wielding a Wand? :b

5. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Would also be interested in a copy of History of Magic. Never read it but it sounds fascinating.

6. Sechrima

Sechrima Disappeared

I have a fairly specific request, but it's not for any fic I've already read, just something I would like to read. Does anyone know of a novelisation of the Mega Man X series? Thanks.

7. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Hmm, does anyone know the name of a Wheel of Time fic where Rand was pulled into that alternate world by Lanfear, but this time he was all on his own? It wasn't a particularly long story when I stumbled across it, and chances are it was abandoned.

8. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Can anyone help me remember the name of the Naruto fic when Naruto is taking the Chunin exams (not in Konoha) and one of the tasks is to somehow get the right 2 colors tickets out of 4 total that were handed out. Naruto (or someone) buys a ton of random tickets and trades them for real tickets. Theres also some guy who has dice and always gets really lucky, and that's how he found the right answer.

That's all I can remember. I think it's considered a good fic, but I cannot for the life of me remember what it is.

9. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

10. fire

fire Order Member

The fight scenes in Spying no Jutsu were great, and the characterization and conversations were something else.

SnJ is one of those gems you find - you go in expecting comedy, but it ends up delivering an excellent story on top of that - a great balance which you could find in early pre-timeskip Naruto, and extremely hard to replicate.

11. Bramastra

Bramastra Groundskeeper

I'm looking for a story where Madara shows up in one piece and burns the Merman slave place using Ameterasu, thanks in advance

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  12. D.H.

D.H. Seventh Year DLP Supporter

13. 0 Jordinio 0

0 Jordinio 0 First Year

Fate Stay Fanfic?

I've been looking for a story I briefly read a while ago. From what I remember, the grail war was enlarged somehow and there was way more competitors and Shirou some how ended up with Saber-Arturia and Caster-Tamamo no Mae from the Fate Extra game series.

If anybody knows what story that is, I'd appreciate a link there. Thanks.

14. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who searches the HTTYD fandom with any consistency, but at this point I'll ask just for the remote chance that someone can help.

I remember reading a modern day AU where Hiccup is a photographer and Astrid a model. I think I liked it but I don't remember for sure and I want to check again but I can't fucking find it.

(for people who don't know, the HTTYD fandom is the one exception where modern AUs are actually the norm for good fics)

15. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

Google got me this. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10734419/1/Glamour-Shots

16. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Cheers. That's the one.

17. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

I doubt it's what you're looking for, but this is the only fic I can think of off the top of my head that matches your description: Shirou Summons a Harem

Tamamo No Mae isn't summoned as a Caster, but as a Shielder.

18. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Have you read Corin? It's focused on Cousland!Grey Warden and the politics and relationship involved in him taking the Throne, the end of the Blight and slaying of The Archdemon and what comes after.

Pretty good, imo, honestly.

19. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

I liked that a lot. Pity it hasn't been updated in 7 months.

20. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

So, here's a super random Q.

Any fics out there where the Dragon Age universe is a very prehistoric AU of the Mass Effect universe? Like say the old Tevinter gods and the Blights being reaper influenced or something? Lyrium = Eezo? Fen-Harel/Mythal/other Evanuris being... Prothean?

If not... that plot bunny, tho.

Lol, I have to say. After going through the Dragon Age trilogy again, the idea of a galaxy wide Blight with galactic archdemons and system wide darkspawn is... a helluva an idea.

The rachni as a blight, somehow. The Leviathans discovering and reviving Lusacan, the dragon of Night. Taking the reaper cycle/problem with AI as the corruption/discovery of a galactic wide old god... replacing the creation of the Geth with the Quarians being previously oppressed by the council civs and discovering the corpse of Andoral, the dragon of slaves. And from the OG writings, the Asari, strengthened and enlightened by the slaying of the old god Urthemiel, the dragon of beauty whose soul was tamed by the machinations of Mythal (Athame?), carried on through the will of Morrigan. Perhaps the Krogan, or shit lets get weird, the vorcha, uncover the remains of Zazikel, the dragon god of chaos. And hell, on some backwater milky way spiral arm, on some spit of a planet called Earth, the Architect awakens, reasons, experiments, and seeks.

Man I wish I was a good author, because this literary boner is momentous.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016