1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hannibal Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Koalas, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]

You stand outside Hannibal Lecter's abode. The three stone stories stand tall in the warm evening air. The house speaks of money, influence and, next to the gaudy cookie cutter mansions surrounding it, a refined taste. A rare sight indeed.

You glance down at your invitation as you don your domino mask. Thick paper, but smoother to the touch. Handmade if you know anything of Hannibal Lecter. An elegant, looping cursive covers the card not a single smudge or mark out of place.

You are hereby invited to a Masquerade dinner party at the house of Hannibal Lecter on August 9th. Music, dance and food to nourish the soul.

A second note lies at the bottom of the card. Smaller, but no less elegant for it. A slight slant gives it an almost informal feel.

And a challenge to nourish the mind.

You approach the front door and it opens before you. A somber man in a black suit holds the door open as sounds and scents wash over you. A string quartet, live. The high tinkling laughter of a socialite dancing her dance. The mouth watering scent of fresh cooking seasoned meat, the ocean scent of fresh seafood and, beneath, it all the rich rotting scent of fruit just past its prime. The somber man gestures at you, “This way sir.”

The party is in full swing as you enter, a few couples already dancing despite the earliness of the night. Hannibal, sans mask, turns from his crowd of admirers and hangers on a bright smile lighting up his eyes. A gesture quiets the quartet and his voice easily cuts through the numerous conversations.

“Ladies and gentlemen. Now that the last guest has arrived we may, officially, begin the celebrations.”

He pauses as polite applause ripples through the crowd.

“As the invitations were rather sparse on the details let me explain the evening's pleasantries. Before each course there will a brief chance to mingle, talk and laugh as the excellent help prepares the meal. After which we take our places in the dining rooms and enjoy the course. We will then return to give a chance to change the plates and decorations.”

“The best part of the evening is yet to come however. To eleven very special guests, there is a game afoot. Or rather.. a wager I've made with some friends. They will be solving a puzzle, a riddle you could say. As long as they search for the answer the courses will keep coming, growing more and more delicious in turn. If they solve my little puzzle before the courses end I give them all my recipes. If they fail however..”

Hannibal smirks, looking you in the eye. Time seems to freeze for a brief moment. There's no warmth there anymore, no light. Just a monster staring at meat.

“Then this will be the last dinner party they attend.”

The moment ends and the light is back. All charm and charisma.

“So enjoy everyone and, if a handful of guests are a little rude, please understand they are playing like they're lives are on the line. Now enjoy the food, the wine and the music. It will be a night you won't forget. Bon appetit.”

[​IMG]

Rules​

Day Length: 3 days (Day 1: 5 days)
    Night Length: 24 hours

Etiquette

I ripped this straight from Lutris' Hunt of Thrones because I can't say it better myself:
    • Do not lie about real-life commitments. If you are unable to play for a prolonged period of time or do not wish to continue playing, inform the game host.
    • Similarly, if someone says that they will not be available due to real-life constraints accept.
    • For the avoidance of doubt, this is not a role-playing game. Don't overdo it.
    • Keep non-game-related topics to a minimum in the thread.
    • If you are unable to be active, you will be replaced. Inform the game host if you are.
    • Be nice! We're all playing to have fun. Disparage someone's skill if you must, but please avoid personal insults!

Addendum: This is primarily a game of analysis. Removing the capability of players to perform analysis goes against the spirit of the game. Encoded messages, subtle references that only certain players would get or offsite references are frowned upon. Everyone should be able to figure out what you're saying with enough thought. Keep it fun for everyone.

The Game
    · No out of game communication about the game.
    · Posts may not be edited.
    · Quoting your role PM is not allowed.
    · Votes must be bolded, colored, and on a separate line.
    · In-thread questions for the mod must be bolded, colored, and on a separate line.
    · The lynch occurs when a majority of players vote the same player, if a Majority is not reached the Player with the most Votes will die at Day's end. Tie votes result in a No Lynch.
    · When there is a lynch, the Twilight phase will last until the mod confirms the player’s death. Please refrain from posting after that.
    · Dead players will receive a link to modchat so they can laugh at the living.
    · All mod decisions are final
    · There are flips.

LIVELIST:
    1. @Citrus
    2. @Zenzao
    3. @Snowvon
    4. @Jan
    7. @his fluffiness
    9. @ScottPress
    10. @fontisian
    11. @Vira

Majority Lynch is 5.

Day 1 Ends with a Seratin lynch.
    Night 1 Ends with Newcomb killed.

Day 2 Ends with a Rubicon lynch.
    Night 2 Ends with weiyaoli killed.

Day 3 Ends at this time.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

FIRST

VOTE BLAB

Okay, off to work.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Perfect timing. Just woke up.

Hi Von! Sry i meant

VOTE VON

<3

4. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Game starts as I'm about to go to sleep for the day. Cherry on top of an already shitty mood these past twelve hours.

Lynch Vote Snowvon

I don't believe in RVS at this point, or to put it a more accurate way, I've almost never voted purely for the sake of having a vote down since WH11 and it bugs me to do so, I prefer to have justification behind any vote I place. Snow, consider yourself on my watch list.

5. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay, here we go. Rookie on the horizon, guys and gals.

VOTE SNOWVON

Because he changed avatars recently (?). Shush.

6. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Cool, game started.

Given that Snowvon seems to RVS at the start of every single game, doing so as scum in Narutomafia and as town in the game before that, how much are you reading into the fact that they randomly voted again? Why are you watching Snowvon and not Jan, who also voted randomly?

Vote: Zenzao

7. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If I wasn't on mobile right now I'd be pulling up that Family Feud buzzer vid from youtube again. I'm saying that I do not believe in the RVS 'lol vote' mechanic at GameStart. It's never a random vote to me when I place a vote on someone. With Snow in this case over Jan, I'm favoring Narumafia and putting the well-disguised-as-Scum Snow on alert. He's nearly slipped by if it wasn't for Jan's last second claim and turnabout that game.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I kind of like wei for asking exactly what I would have asked had I not been engaged in HARD LABOR (aka putting tortilla chips into paper bags).

Normally I'd think Zenzao is town for coming right at someone pretty strongly, but we could be getting to the point where that's expected of town!him and I believe he could take it. But I also kind of liked his response to wei so he's a weaker townread.

---------- Post automerged at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 ----------

FAKE

not take

---------- Post automerged at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 ----------

Immediately citing his newbieness and being the third vote on a page one wagon... Do not like.

---------- Post automerged at 10:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

HI JAN

How does it feel to be a cannibal?

---------- Post automerged at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 ----------

Hey Scott, was there any special reason you voted in the same color as Jan?

9. ScottPress

High Score:
    Snowvon

I liked the magenta...? Plus it's easily visible against the forum background. As for why I voted at all, it looked like people were throwing out random votes to kickstart the game.

10. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I'll admit that I misunderstood your reasoning behind your vote for Snowvon, as I had read it as voting for the first person (or just people) who randomly voted. I do feel that the bolded section should have been in your first post though, as reasoning.

Unvote
    (Not a code :p, trying out which colours show up well in the default forum background, since I forgot to preview the first time and it seems like violet wasn't a good choice)

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay.

Why randomly vote someone who's already been voted for? That doesn't really seem all that random.

---------- Post automerged at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Ugh, I really like the magenta votes but I'm too attached to yellow now.

12. ScottPress

High Score:
    Jesus Christ. Fine, no messing around. Have no opinions just yet, so

UNVOTE SNOWVON

Is there a problem with colors? Should everyone use a different one?

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

No, you can use whatever color you want. I was just curious.

14. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Hi everyone. Orange is clearly the superior color y'all.

Also, Snow, why so defensive about RVS votes?

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Because they're fishy.

Or at least one of them is.

16. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Vote: Wei.

Please, use any other color than that. I can't even read your votes without highlighting.

17. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I swapped to Dark Orange for my unvote - I only realised how terrible the colour was on dark green after I made my post and it was too late to edit.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hi Vira!

How've you been?

19. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Good. The long break from mafia renewed my interest and this game came at a good time.

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Being a Cannibal is awesome Von!
    A friend of mine is vegan and cannibal, best combination one can be.

Von - Yellow
    Tenzao - Blue
    scott - Magenta
    weiyaoli - Purple - Orange
    vire - Pink

Don't mind me, just checking if there is a hidden code in case you are the team of 5 mafia!
    You are lucky, i haven't found anything so far. Maybe Citrus can help me solving this puzzle.

Von, why do I have the feeling you are ten times more active from the get go compared to last game? :O

UNVOTE