1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

So... your new scumteam is Menace/Waco/???

Who fills that third slot? Me or Prophylaxis?

Lovely.

Prophylaxis: I'm currently a little busy, but I'm trying to think through the repercussions if you fire on Tempus today, in terms of how that would work out for the final scum (if it isn't you, obv).

---------- Post automerged at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Tempus: You want to explain how both Snowvon and Fontisian are town? What's your world then?

Specifically, why did the Angels save Lucky in that world.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I totally forgot about that. You can townfirm yourself by firing into someone and the game not ending / ending with a town win.

Pros/cons of Proph just firing into Tempus today versus firing into one of the unconfirmed tomorrow?

3. Tempus Fugit

Tempus Fugit Third Year

As I said before Snow is town because got the info since I have GD powers, the same goes for Kalas and Cobalt.
    The rest of the guys who got killed during the night are also town by default.
    So now with a calmer set of mind I can say there are either 2 or 3 witches and thinking it through I can't leave Newcomb of the hook.

If Fontisian was a witch Newcomb + Menace is a possibility. If so witches haven't used the fake kill during this game and Waco is also town.

If there are 3 witches Newcomb is not one of them and neither was Fonstisian.

So now I can say there are 2 worlds for me.

If Newcomb is scum so is Menace and Fontisian.

If there are 3 witches alive the then Newcomb is town a between the four other players there are 3 witches.

Only one player in my analysis can be a witch in both worlds:

Vote Menace

---------- Post automerged at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

The waco part was kind of redundant in the first part.

4. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Let's say Prophylaxis kills Tempus. I'm fairly certain the latter at least is a witch, so that should leave us with one more (if Proph does this then obviously he's not scum).

Moridin
    Waco
    Newcomb
    Menace

I'm assuming Newcomb is town because that makes the most sense to me in our current gamestate.

Menace seems like the best shot at being scum here. I don't think it makes sense to say Waco was fake killed on N2, scum had no way of knowing the events that would follow so it doesn't add up. It could have been a ploy to activate his kill, but I doubt it. That's too valuable a resource to waste.

Two kills at night.

1) Newcomb is double targeted. He dies. 2v1.

2) Newcomb and one other are targeted. 2v1.

3) Two others are targeted. 1v1, with our 1 being Newcomb.

Scenario 3 is an instant win for town. Scenario 1 leaves me, Waco and Menace, and in that situation I'm comfortable lynching Menace.

Scenario 2 depends on who dies, but in most cases the above still applies. If Menace died, welp, guess we roll the dice and lynch Waco.

None of those look like an instant loss for town.

Comparatively, if we simply lynch Tempus right now...

Scum could reduce us to 3 players if they don't target Newcomb. At that point, simply ask Prophylaxis to cannon the other remaining player and lynch him if he doesn't. If he's one of those who died, well, Menace is next and Waco after him.

Otherwise we have four remaining players, and that scenario again depends on who dies.

At this point, though, I feel like Waco and Newcomb can be treated as town, which leaves three players who need to die to end the game. I can't see a reason why we need to leave Prophylaxis to tomorrow, so I think asking him to cannon into Tempus works out alright.
    Prophylaxis anything to add?

5. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I'm fine with LCing Tempus. Let me know when you guys want me to do it.

I still think there's something /weird/ with the gamestate, but that will have to come once I'm in Angel Chat. Tempus/Menace being the last two scum feels too.. easy.

Waco: Thoughts?

6. Newcomb

I basically agree with all of that.

I'd just assume you do it sooner rather than later. Mainly to avoid the game completely stalling out. I mean, there's no harm in us using the full 72 hours, but at this point, I'm not sure there's anything I can reasonably do to advance the gamestate further. I'm convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that killing Tempus/you/Menace just ends the game.

Like - if you have some new thoughts about why Moridin or Waco could possibly be scum, now's the time, but I re-read the entire game thread last night, and I'm pretty much clearing them.

7. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I'll wait 'til everyone checks in, then.

---------- Post automerged at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

LEEROY TEMPUS FUGIT

(Day is over, don't post!)

8. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Day is over!

The game is over! The Witch team of Atum, Fontisian, Menace and Newcomb win!

http://www.quicktopic.com/share?s=RmZC

Brief thoughts

End of day 1: Atum's play was essentially an abuse of the online game format, and saying 'town should have lynched him anyway' is largely ignoring the realities of that kind of situation.

Plan Kalas: The original plan was a double whammy of awful - any plan that treats the game as mechanically solved before the game is actually mechanically solved is dumpster tier, plus any plan that involves killing someone you know to be town (ie: yourself) for no mechanical benefit is also dumpster tier. Further, by suggesting this you robbed the scum team of the opportunity to make a mistake since they no longer had to actually play the game.

Plan K2: Also awful. The idea itself is ok (use a known town kill as an alignment check) but the actual plan to be executed was terrible. With Luckylee as the DOB, this is how it should have been done:

Anything else leaves huge holes for scum to abuse.

Angels / Snowvon: Angels did well, Snowvon spent too much time on impossible worlds.

Also if Snowvon is possibly town (some people thought this by the end of day 4) then Tempus is town with him, since the alternative is (given the plan that was executed) that Angels chose to save a witch and scumfirm a town player.

9. Newcomb

[​IMG]

10. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I did a lot of things wrong, didn't think through a lot of things and got really, really stuck on a combination of Snow phrasing and hf not revealing but that doesn't hold a candle next to what D2 did to the entire game. You could just see the interest bleed out of town.

11. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Congrats, scum.

What the heck happened to town in this game? Also, boo to the people who basically stopped playing.

12. Koalas

High Score:
    Everyone waiting around D2 for Atum to not show up happened.

---------- Post automerged at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

As a side note did no one find it weird that Menace showed up for exactly one post the last couple of Days?

13. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Sorry, guys.

Was confused D4 about Angel mechanics and had no idea why font shot Luckylee. I had the scumteam but was too paralyzed to act as LCing into font when Snowvon was scum would have been gamethrowing.

I really wish I /inned from the start on this one, would have made things easier I think.

14. Newcomb

Oh my god, Atum didn't Haunt ever. The one time witches Haunted, it was the time Kai let us pick.

Holy. Fuck.

Atum, I am legit never playing a game with you again.

I have like 1,500 words of a rant for you which I will hold back until I'm calmer, but holy shit.

Town fucked up pretty bad at some points, but we literally played with a 3 man scumteam, so I'm holding my head high about my personal contribution to this game.

Just. Fuck.

I'll have thoughts later, but for now, reading the Demon chat was just. fucking. too much.

15. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Actually, given that demon chat only 2 posts, wouldn't too little be correct over too much?

16. Koalas

High Score:
    I'm with you on not playing with Atum New, but in all fairness he contributed. Killing town enthusiasm is shitty mafia but it is still mafia.

17. Newcomb

He claimed Holy like 12 hours after we told him to.

He Assassinated Cobalt at deadline when we told him to Assassinate Fluff well before that, because he couldn't be bothered to know when the deadline was.

He was a nonfactor in scumchat.

He never. Haunted. Anyone. Dead does not equal not playing, and as the only dead witch he completely failed us.

He outed the me/Menace fight as fake in one of his only posts in the game thread.

I literally believe fonti, Menace and I could have won this game cleaner and easier if he'd just been town.

18. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

[​IMG]

And then Town greeted Death as an old friend, and went with him gladly, and, as equals, they departed this life.

19. Koalas

High Score:
    Shush you :p

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

That was easily the most annoying 72 hours of my life.

Proph, if you have to think about killing fontisian, the answer is always yes.

Anyways time to read QTs.

---------- Post automerged at 23:43 ---------- Previous post was at 23:43 ----------

Also Menace was /always/ scum so idk why you Leeroy'd Tempus???????????