1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by fontisian, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

So you think Snowvon's town?

---------- Post automerged at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------
    Pozzai what's bad about the Waco shot? Like why are you arguing against it? Is it because you think Waco's town or some mechanics thing I'm not seeing?

2. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Just summary of my thoughts on PoE:

Kai: Was switching on and off between nullreading and scumreading him all game, until the LN thing happened and I started reading him townier.
    Jan: Was mostly townreading him all game until recently, but probably largely influenced by everyone else. Also, I think stuff pointed out about him, such as scumreading Newcomb for the same thing he was doing, is p valid.
    Plotzai: Gutread Plotless town and I like Pozzai, but haven't really been able to try and analyze content
    Newcomb- HF posted like, twice so I didn't have any read and then I didn't like Newcomb's reads in the beginning. Then, I grew to read him really towny, probably also influenced by stuff people have said by part, but I really like his content+activity+I find it believable about him saying he doesn't craft his posts.

And well, Waco and Snowvon are dying sooo

---------- Post automerged at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Oh something I remember about Kai: For me, onfusing to play with- doesn't answer any of my qs and throws stuff out without really explaining, but people seem to be reading him towny for his play so idk

3. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I think my reads look like this?

Citrus
    Cobalt
    SlipperyAxII

Prophylaxis

dLGN
    Kai
    Aria
    Newcomb[/quote]
    Pozzai
    Jan
    Snowvon
    Waco

LochNess

Still not 100% comfortable with this lynch but we probably need it for PoE purposes.

4. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Is judge lynching pozzai actually a thing that can happen?

5. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    :( Ha ha, are neither Snowvon or Waco gonna show up for EoD?

6. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

I in NO WAY cleared Jan, where do you get that from ?

I moved to Von, because the Jan lynch is not happening today, Kai is being townread for god knows what reasons, and I don't want to lynch Waco as shooting town!Newcomb(which is where I'm at at the moment) is borderline game throwey.

What I spoke about in terms of 'clearing' Jan is that if Von flips scum, I will need to seriously re-evaluate on Jan, because I believe that in a team with Jan AND Von, Jan would be able to keep Von motivated in a manner that Von would try harder than he's doing this game.

If you combine Von's attitude this game, to the game where he was framed as town, by a poorly thought out plan the day before they're straight opposites, which has him as likely scum.

That being said, I've seen town!Von just accept being lynched in a situation that would lose the game before, albeit circumstances were very different.

Ie, in short.

I've (not completely) eliminated worlds of Loch/Von/Jan and (less so) Loch/Von/Newcomb.

That doesn't mean it to me can't be Loch/Jan/(someone else not Von)

Does this answer your question?

7. Newcomb

Can you explain what you mean here? I read it a couple times and I still don't get what you're saying.

8. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Mechanics basically. If Waco is town, you most likely die due to his reads, which is not 'terrible' albeit I'd prefer that not to happen.

If he's scum, he gets a second kill chance on the judge. I don't know who the survivalist, nor do I know if my read on said person is, but it puts us in a situation tomorrow where if GD and Survivalist is not aligned, we're in deep shit if the judge is dead.

Even more so if the GD and Survivalist is both scum aligned.

9. KaiDASH

it's like you forgot you're the gd

10. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

If we lynch waco and he's scum, he most likely shoots you. This means we lose 1kp in the night from you, it creates a ton of wine, and scum will have 2kp.

Assume: town!Von and scum!Waco

Tomorrow Von will be alive not only will he have to shit more town out his arse than the game where he was framed and your scum team won, he'll have to do that for two days straight.

11. Newcomb

Uh.

What would you say the odds of that are? <_<

12. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

It's like I am basing my argument in a way that doesn't assume people to know my alignment and I therefore could be either alignment.

It's like you pretend this is something town!Pozzai never does?

---------- Post automerged at 02:40 ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 ----------

With my knowledge, 0%.

I'm engaging this from a perspective that people overall does not know my alignment. These are things town should consider though, and everyone is seemingly okay with just pushing any such decision till tomorrow.

13. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    you don't think kai's earlygame was towny? he was actively poking at people and asking questions. tbh it was that he was ACTUALLY PLAYING TOWNY that kind of creeps me out, since he's even more of a (lovable) grumpy troll as town, from my limited experience in MM6 with him. so like.. i've been reading him as towny but... more concerned with appearances? or something...

14. Newcomb

Hmm... if we wanted to address that toDay, though, we'd need several claims. I'm kind of against narrowing things down any further for witches when they have to think about Fanatic!Proph, Survivalist!Proph, Survivalist!Aria along with Angel saves.

15. KaiDASH

Pointing out that this never happened.

16. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Concerned with his pushes, and the mannerisms behind them.
    Concerned with him being nothing like I've ever seen him before (only seen him as town)
    Concerned about him speaking about how he as scum is good mechanical, which should work as town as well but missing out some mechanical stuff, okay potentially sacrificing judge despite his top scum does the game continue being the 2hp GD.
    Concerned about him not giving any reasonings on anyone but he people he wish to push on that day.
    Concerned about him being so certain on everything, speaking in a "I've already made up my mind" after being in the pocket of scum the entirity of the last game.

17. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Did some rereading and I'm kind of okay with this, sorta.

Plotless was the first vote on LochNess, so that's a Thing. Newbies like him aren't really likely to engage in such aggressive bussing.

Snowvon's last page of posts was mostly echoing everyone's thoughts. I think if we kill off Snowvon and Waco in the Night then we should at least get one scum. Skimmed some more Snowvon stuff and I'm seeing a lack of Trying to Figure Things Out. Plus, LochNess left Plotless out of her town/scum list which is a weak tell but muh.

Is there any way for Newcomb's shot to be disrupted in the Night?

18. KaiDASH

[​IMG]

@proph: no.

19. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Because noone openly spoke up for supporting your idea, and Newcomb explicitly stating he's shooting Waco.

In the word 'alternative' lies the meaning that "if this is what's forced through, I'll speak about it"

---------- Post automerged at 02:50 ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 ----------

Only if angels so chooses. If that happens, we'll discuss it tomorrow. Guiding angel saves went so well last it happened on DLP...

20. Newcomb

Don't think so.

Waco could be the scum!Survivalist, but you'd still see "Waco survived an attack on his life".

Snowvon could be the DoB somehow? Like he if roleswapped with the scum!PT? Or something? That would disrupt my shot if he took me with him, but that's, uh, kind of obvious.

Other than that, WH actions resolve at the same time, so even if they put KP on me my shot goes through.