1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

"One Piece" anime and manga

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by CrashLTD, Dec 16, 2006.

1. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

Hey, do any of you here watch the "One Piece" anime series or the manga? It's pretty hilarious and fun.

2. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

The manga is godly, better then Naruto and Bleach imho.

3. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

One Piece is a piece of shit, at leats the anime is anyways. It is made for kids like the age of about ten, and the voicing make you want to kill yourself.

As for the manga I have never seen it, though if I judged it by sales numbers it should be pretty good.

4. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

I've been following the anime till the electricity guy got pwned. Was never really devoted to it though. It was 'OK' and I watched it more out of boredom than genuine interest. The whole pirate thing wasn't that appealing to me anyway, so I probably won't try the manga.

5. Scarty

Scarty Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I love the manga, i have some myself in my shelf and on the computer, till part 36.
    The anime is not that bad either, but in germany its censored. I watched like the first time, but after I hadn't got the time to watch it.
    I like especially Ruffy(Luffy) and Chopper.

6. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

I've finished as far as episode 288/289(so far) of the anime and I think I still need to catch up around 10 chapters in manga.

Anyway, its really great that all of them now have bounties in manga.

7. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

I've finished as far as episode 288/289(so far) of the anime and I think I still need to catch up around 10 chapters in manga.

Anyway, its really great that all of them now have bounties in the manga.

If you'd like to complete the anime series just PM me and I'd point you to the right direction.

Edit: Crap!!!! Double Post! How do I delete the one above? mods? admin?

8. chronic dragon

chronic dragon Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Never read the manga but the anime gets on my nerves. Cringed everytime one of the character would talk.

9. Fulgar

Fulgar Second Year

The dubbed anime was just horrible, just frickin horrible. :wall:

Now the manga, now that is plain awesome! I'm on the eleventh novel and I've got to say I'm hooked.

Chronic, I agree with you, try reading the manga though it's a lot better.

10. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

The German dub was actually pretty good...at least better than what I'm usually used to.

11. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

I understand your pain. I haven't heard the English dub, but the Filipino dub also grates my nerves. I prefer to watch the Japanese ones and just read the subtitles.

One Piece anime has some of its moments where you'd like to just stop watching because of the fillers that are annoying as hell. However, whenever the story gets to a major arc then it gets pretty cool (cant wait to see the Zoro vs Kaku and Luffy vs Rob Lucchi in the W7 arc).

Last edited: Dec 16, 2006
  12. Lunarian

Lunarian Third Year

I only ever saw the dub on cartoon network. It is an okay show to watch, however the problem is it suffers from DBZ syndrone. If I could see whole seasons at a time then I could be bothered to care about it. As is though I lost interest long ago.

13. Scarty

Scarty Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Yeah the german dub was pretty good, better than I expected. Never saw another dub.

@Wetnurse
    No need ;) I know enough sites for downloads, my only prob is that I don't have enough space on my PC for it

14. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

The One Piece anime is th most vile sack of shit that has ever been excreted from a living creature; it makes Ginslut and the Mudblood look like saints in comparison.

The Manga owns all.

15. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

except that it cant show the really great fights. come Water 7 and there are lots of those...

16. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

I refer you all to the following comic.
    [​IMG]

17. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

Thats the reason I hate 4kids. Their sense of discrimination always worms its way through. And they often censor a lot. How the heck are they supposed to show some of the later episodes which are really mature? They just cant edit all of them. Somewhere along the way I think 4kids is gonna fuck up considering One Piece is still a WIP.

18. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

Err I hate the channells here, they always censor shit. Witch is fine at 3pm, but at 1am when all kids should be sleeping it pisses me off. Instead of blood we get some black goop shit, like the kids are so retarded as to not know what thats supposed to be?

Or whenever a characters clothes are 'just barely' indecent, they rip out the magic marker and shade it all in.

One piece the manga was pretty good, but I have to catch up some. The horrible anime fox aired and later toonami made me lose my intrest.

If someone would know any links to some of the manga I'd be grateful.

19. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

They will simply never air those episodes. They have done already done so and have left major plot holes as a result.

On the point made by VGCats about the 4Kids bot lookin at Naruto, he has no need as Naruto has turned into a vile piece of shit thanks to Kishimotto's blatant fan-bitch coddling.

20. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

...True :cry:

How far are they with the manga anyway? Last time I looked into a comic store they were already at volume 36 I think. So considering that this was about a year ago and in Germany (where shit like that is usually released damn lately) it has to be quite extensive by now.