1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

StarCraft II

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Chaoticblues, Feb 19, 2010.

1. James

James Unspeakable

My god, the casters in the TY vs. Solar are bad. Like super annoyingly bad.

But damn, that medivac dancing + the harrassment.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I thought I'd seen weird SC2 games, but this one takes the fucking cake. Ever wondered what building 14 Nexi before a single Gateway looks like? Well, this'll tell you.

No, really. 14 Nexi before Gate.

This is why you scout, kids :|

3. _GitGud_

_GitGud_ Fourth Year DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Seems super fake. Otherwise you would have to queue 10 or more bronze games to find someone bad enough to lose to that.

4. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

5. James

James Unspeakable

I was rewatching old awesome games, when I came upon the scrappiest & most awesome TvZ ever — Scarlett vs. Bomber, game 3 of Red Bull Battlegrounds — https://youtu.be/jIygo3bIVmo

Enjoy.

6. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  7. James

James Unspeakable

8. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Well, Taeja did play a game vs Zest where they almost mined out every single base of a 4 player map yesterday.

9. _GitGud_

High Score:
    Who are your favourite sc2 streamers atm? I've always been watching destiny and I'm currently growing fond of the Orlando Bloom look alike neurostarcraft.

10. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I like Rotti a lot. Being a Protoss fan helps, I also enjoy watching Phoenix play in particular, and Rotterdam often employs them. I also like him as a person, he makes for entertaining streams.

I watch Bomber whenever he decides to stream, which isn't often, but still. The guy is insane.

Also I check out uThermal when he's around. He has some good builds and he's a memer.

I also sometimes watch State (StateSC2). He's like Rotterdam lite. A slightly better player maybe, but much less fun as a streamer. Still, I like his style of play.

Mostly for SC2 streaming I tend to look for tourneys (or Rotti). It's really annoying that most streams lately seem to be coming out of BTTV. I really hate that channel, but I do like watching games, so eh.

I've heard some bad things about Destiny, so I refuse to open his channel on principle. I tried watching winter for a bit but while I liked how often he participated in those in-client tournaments, didn't really draw me.

Good thing about SC2 is that there is always some minor tourney or another going on or if not, they play a rerun of a HoTS one.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  11. Rehio

High Score:
    Depends on what you want out of a stream.

ROOTCatz is excellent to learn from. He's a goddamn mastermind, and he's excellent at creating strategy and developing the game himself. Korean professionals go to him for advice on builds.

Destiny is okay, but he's going to be heavy on Politics, memes, and social justice arguments inbetween games. He's a professional streamer, though, so you're likely to be entertained at least.

State's good for Protoss, and so is Rotterdam. Nathanias can be good for Terran? He's really obsessed with memes and can get salty as hell, though. uThermal balance whines quite a bit.

Never go to Winter or Avilo.

Avilo is an absolute fool who rages about imbalance and whines constantly. Meanwhile, he refuses to even turn the healthbars on in-game.

Winter is a streamer who uses viewbots in order to grow his stream numbers. He's a scumbag. Twitch can't/won't do anything about people who use viewbots because there's no way to prove that the streamers are doing it themselves. "Someone else is flooding my stream with bots."

Neuro's a good dude. I'd recommend any streams by Team Liquid players as well, especially Snute.

12. _GitGud_

High Score:
    Yeah, I don't understand how those two morons got famous. They are boring, unlikeable and have no fucking idea what they are talking about. I knew more about sc2 one month into the beta of wol than these two do now.
    Beta male + token girl = cringeworthy streams. Heck I watch the french stream over theirs and I don't speak french.

13. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

Lowko TV is quite good if you like zerg and lately he's been getting into random

14. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    There are many, many reasons I dislike their channel, but lack of game knowledge isn't one of them.

Zombiegrub is not 'token girl'. You're wrong about that.

Also, fuck you for making me defend BTTV. Hate them for the right reasons, damn it.

15. _GitGud_

High Score:
    Idk, I've watched them in the early days and the only thing I got from their stream was play by play and that fat guy wanting to bag that chubby girl. Did either of em actually breach into masters?

16. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    ... I might be the first to tell you, but being top tier players is not a necessity for one to be a good caster or have good knowledge of the game. I don't know their rank, and I don't care.

That's not to say that their casting is impressively good, but it's passable. They know more or less what they're talking about and can recognize plays and builds as they happen.

Also, again, stop making me defend BTTV.

17. _GitGud_

High Score:
    Ok, let me help you out then. You seem to have followed and thought about their suckyness quite a bit more then me. Tell me why you think they suck.

edit: to your point: I have never enjoyed a caster that wasn't good at the game. But that's a personal preference.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  18. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Because they are the massivest of massive sellouts, don't even pretend to hide it, and use their own feed to play adds in between literally everything, meaning neither turbo nor adblock stops them. They will often spend many, many minutes of in-game time promoting their sponsors.

Rifkin is also a massive, impressively massive dickwad. He often shittalks people who give even the slightest bit of criticism to the channel (however civil, polite, or valid), right after he bans them. And no, I'm not salty because it happened to me. I don't chat at all, but I've seen him do it a lot.

There was a video where he shittalked one of the participants in a tournament of his on stream for asking about a match time that was posted in a corner of his site but never sent to the guy personally. Repeatedly calling him fucking stupid, saying he probably didn't deserve to participate in the first place, etc. Then he proceeds to wonder why people don't think he can be a mainstream caster.

Rifkin is a massive douchebag, and zombiegrub is just awkwardly silent whenever he goes off like that, presumably because he's her boss, or she's just not that bothered. Either way, combine douchebag with huge sellout (which is directly detrimental to the casting experience) and it quickly made me hate the channel.

19. _GitGud_

High Score:
    The only thing I could respect him for is having the balls to sellout. Heck, I assume it's the only reason he has started this business in the first place. He never displayed any passion, only fake hype. That's also the reason why I refer to Zombie as the token girl. It was purely a diversity based business decision to hire her and a good one at that.

I just dislike rifkin because I perceive him as weak and arrogant at the same time. I've heard some stories from streamers about how he tried to bang zombie at some event and she shot him down.

Also, stop making me defend BBTV.

20. Rehio

High Score:
    For those of you who want to catch some live Starcraft - http://www.twitch.tv/esl_sc2

Winter Championship of Starcraft's World Championship Series.

Winner gets a direct seed to Blizzcon. 150,000 total prize pool.

Players left: ROOT's Hydra, an awesome Korean fella who plays for a California-based team and stays in the team house they have there.

CMStorm's Polt. His last tournament with CMStorm as a personal sponsor, as his contract is running out. Called Captain America, as he lived (and I think still does?) in Texas, going to university there while he played Starcraft professionally.

Liquid Snute, the foreign hope. Norwegian player who's been at the top of the list of non-Koreans for the last couple years. Extremely dedicated player who always strives to improve. Very smart, and a very nice dude.

Euronics Gaming's Nerchio. So, they're playing in Katovice, Poland. Nerchio is a Polish Zerg player who's been playing Starcraft 2 since the beginning. He's always been near the top, his peak coming about 4 years ago actually in Wings of Liberty. He's come back hard with Legacy. Can be a bit of a troll, and a blunt dude. After he knocked out Huk in this tournament he yawned and pretended to read a book when they panned the camera to him afterwards. It was damn funny. :D

Polt vs. Nerchio on at the moment of this post, Snute vs. Hydra later.

Anyway. I love Starcraft. :3