1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bleach Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Garret P.I., Apr 20, 2008.

1. SeekingSerenity

SeekingSerenity Third Year

High Score:
  2. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

some interview said Bleach would be done within 10 weeks, for a more definitive timeline.

Thank god the trainwreck will finally end

3. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I'm conflicted about this chapter.

Assuming this is the end since there are two, maybe three more chapters, the final battle, this part and the part with Ichigo fighting solo, definitely wasn't as epic as it probably should be. Yet the fight being concluded with Aizen trolling Yhwach was probably the best possible ending for the series even if Kubo wasn't rushing it.

4. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's pretty much my opinion too. With the ending coming on I feel that this is it, the final blow is actually going to go through despite being rushed and it limits the back-and-forth that was the Gerald fight being repeated between Aizen and Bach.

5. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

This chapter was the first time i've enjoyed reading Bleach in a long time, for a reason I used to hate.

I loathed all the Aizen 'lol you thought you were looking at THAT? Haha". All the lolno asspulls were painful.

But here? This was hilariously perfect. I actually smiled while reading this.

Edit: Holy shit guys, I figured out where Kubo has been stealing his plot for this arc from.

Ichigo and Aizen's... Bogus Journey!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  6. Celestin

After reading spoilers for this week chapter, I will just pretend that the battle ended in the last one. It's not bad, but rather cliche and I prefer the version with Aizen's trolling winning the day.

The next week is the last chapter. Unless it has extra pages, some characters will probably not get even a single panel farewell.

---------- Post automerged 07-28-2016 at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-27-2016 at 01:07 PM ----------

Fortunately, some spoilers weren't accurate and we didn't get Aizen giving Ichigo Hōgyoku and then Kurosaki uniting all his different powers for one final attack. :)

Instead we just got back to basics attack and that's fine with me.

7. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Looks like we're getting to 686 instead of just 685 according to the subreddits(r/bleach & r/manga) and some unknown announcement with 686. As for the spoilers rolling in on 685, I'm indifferent toward the content.

8. Celestin

Unless it's a new manga, I'm guessing it's anime adaptation. While Bleach may not be as amazingly popular as it was, it's still popular enough to get it now that there is no need for filler episodes.

I expect it will have a lot less rushed ending too.

9. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Well, all that building of Ywach's threat, the unholy amounts of hype...only to fall in such a cheap way.

And Rukia of all people...what is with those manga writers and horrible endings?

10. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Lets just hope that if we get a new manga. That the girls will get to keep their tits. I would personally like to see more manga and an anime instead of just an anime. If that is indeed what the announcement is about.

11. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Pfff - I burst out laughing when I saw Captain Rukia. Such a cute face.

These new captain choices were pretty trash tier tho. Iba? Rukia? That Ukitake girl? Mooks, all of them.

12. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

It looked like Isane was the new 4th captain, and her sister is her 2nd.

My prediction: Power that feels like Ywach is Ichigo's kid, who was just born.

13. JoJo23

JoJo23 Unspeakable

Usually these "big announcements" are something pretty lame like a stage in a fighting game. You have been warned.

Fairly pointless chapter that tied up nothing. Kubo did a good "ending" in like two chapters when Aizen died, this is not up to that level.

14. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    That bit of black goop rising from the tiles might be a scrap of Ywach that survived and is now going to fulfill his promise of breaking them at their happiest.

15. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  16. fire

fire Order Member

Just as how Naruto should have ended with Nagato's defeat, so too should have Bleach ended with Aizen's downfall.

But even if Naruto dragged on for far too long, at least we got awesome fights on the way - Bleach's post-Mugetsu were just boring, predictable asspulling reversals.

RIP Bleach. You won't be missed.

17. SeekingSerenity

SeekingSerenity Third Year

High Score:
    I'm not even sad. I'm gonna pretend that bleach ended when ichigo lost his powers. A more fitting end than this garbage.

18. Celestin

Assuming that spoilers are right, while it's probably the ending we would get anyway, it just have so many missing things from it.

Where is Uruhara and Yoruichi for example? They're the characters that definitely should get their farewell.

Aizen once again just confined? An unusual fate for the big bad of any manga and just asking for a sequel.

No explanation how the world even exists now without the Soul King. And I would like a lot more detailed explanation of what he was and his relationship with Yhwach.

That not all bankai were revealed was expected, but I'm surprised that Yoruichi's holy armour wasn't more relevant since it was introduced very late into the manga.

19. funkytoad

funkytoad Fifth Year

RIP my
    IchiRuki
    ship.

20. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score: