1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Justice League

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Celestin, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Lately there is a big push from WB to convince everybody that they're listening to viewers complains and are doing something about it for JL film. They have two divisive movies working against them and I'm not entirely sure Snyder is the right person to keep doing them, but with someone like Geoff Johns guiding him, maybe it will finally work.

A very positive buzz surrounding Suicide Squad convinces me that WB can learn from their mistakes.

2. R. E. Lee

R. E. Lee Groundskeeper

I am unconvinced that Snyder is up to the task, even wih Geoff Johns babysitting him. He has demonstrated no ability to make a movie that comics have not already explicitly storyboarded.

3. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Snyder is a dumbass with his head up his ass, but it's Justice League and I'm generally speaking more of a DC guy than a Marvel guy (except when it comes to Black Panther), so I'm still onboard. Here's to Suicide Squad and Justice League knocking it out of the park!

4. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

I am one of the few who agrees with his reasoning regarding Superman's character journey, if not always with his storytelling decisions as a whole. The supposed leaked scene between Barry and Bruce is a good indicator of what could be a very good film.

For all it's faults, BvS was a great comic book adaptation. It had a flaws in the pacing and the editing but the characters themselves were good. Snyder also didn't write the script, he only shot the film and it looked damned good.

Affleck is also an executive producer and he says it's just becaue he wants to make sure his Batman movie and the JL movie don't clash in the continuity but he's there for his film making experience as well.

I'm hopeful for the movie. Especially since Marvel, for me, is starting to dry up.

5. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

He hasn't even managed that. DC has a lot of great stuff - if he actually adapted it exactly, it would be much better than the piles of shit he keeps shoveling out. Doomsday was a disgrace, and the set up for the Justice League was horrible. Some people say it was decent - but Batman vs. Superman shouldn't be decent. It should be amazing.

DC Animated movies are what's killing it right now. Adapting the good stuff straight. No bullshit. Zack Snyder can eat his heart out.

I'm still gonna see Justice League, but believe me, I'm going to be bitching and moaning during the lead up to it. I'm expecting something that'll knock my socks off, or I swear, I'll never see a live action DC movie again.

6. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

The teaser.

Fortunately, the studios like WB learned that keeping any footage exclusive to SDCC is counterintuitive.

I'm unsure about what was showed. Dislike Flash's costume. Cyborg's too, but it's probably unfinished CGI. Characters showing attitude and humour is fine as long as they realize that going completely into opposite direction will be just as bad or even worse.

7. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    Just saw the trailer, I have mixed feelings about it. I dislike the writers and creative directors for the DC movies. For Marvel, every movie has a place and the Avengers movie did not seem rushed at all. But the DC movies feel rushed, uncoordinated, and lacks character development and plot. DC is just trying to cash in on the comic book movie phenom that Marvel started.

I will still see the movie because I am fan of the genre but i will bitch, moan, and nitpick every little thing that was wrong.

I saw the ultimate version of Batman Vs Superman and it was way better. Who know 30 minutes of deleted scenes can make a movie so much better (it was still mediocre). Why would you delete 30 minutes of important character development is beyond me.

8. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I quite liked the look of this, as it actually looks like they've spent time on things other than spectacle. The only niggle is that if Bruce is going to give that "I'm putting a team together" speech every time he meets one of them, that's going to be a good half hour of repetitive footage. But it's already got me more intrigued than any of the trailers for BvS did.

9. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    I am not sure the counts for much considering how poor batman vs superman is. That movie proved you need more than big CGI and action to make an excellent comic book movie. I also do not think Snyder is up to the task.

10. LJW

LJW Squib

High Score:
    I completely agree with pretty much everything you just said. Ben Affleck has still yet to impress me and the dialogue is pretty awful in my opinion. I also hate Flash's and Cyborg's costumes. Flash's costume looks like a retarded Ironman while the CGI on Cyborg's is quite obvious.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  11. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I read more than one place that Flash's costume will be replaced by the end of the movie by a more traditional one, so let's hope that wasn't just rumor.

As someone on reddit said, Cyborg's costume looks like it was made by NVidia.

12. Kaioo

Kaioo Squib

I felt that the Flash recruiting scene was a bit off in regards to Batman. Batman seemed to be surprised in the trailer that Flash was willing to straight up join without being given the full recruitment spiel, which, well, doesn't seem like Batman to me.

I'd expect him to have studied who he's recruiting and have expected it.

13. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

The recruitment scene was pretty obvious with Barry in the BVS telling Bruce he needs to find them.

I dont get the hate for Snyder tbh. He does a lot better than most would.

14. Hush

Hush Seventh Year

High Score:
    He consistently doesn't do nearly as well as he should. That should be enough of a reason. There are plenty of passionate and talented people who don't get the opportunity to direct such big films because their names aren't well known enough.

Both of Snyder's films were pretty mediocre. The final 40 minutes of Man of Steel was endless super destruction, and who do you think was the reason that Doomsday was turned into a mindless zombie DNA mashup of Zod and Luthor?

These films have some pretty huge budgets, and it's great that the studios apparently show loyalty to Snyder, but some fresh perspectives can reinvigorate a series or, in this case, Universe. And to see that despite the crapfest that was BVS Snyder is still Directing Wonderwoman, Aquaman and Justice League Part 2 is disconcerting. He, so far, hasn't shown that he knows there's more to a comic book movie than action set pieces, fight scenes and CGI.

15. Agent

Agent High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just out of curiosity, did they even consider asking Grant Gustin to play Barry Allen? I know this isn't Marvel where we are fortunate enough to have shared universe, but with the whole Flashpoint thing going on, it should have opened up a few possibilities.

I feel like that should even be the logical/profitable choice since that way, the movie will gain fans of the TV show.

16. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Using Grant Gustin wouldve been a terrible move imo. Hes a pretty good actor but too many questions would be asked regarding the tv verse's

Plus that would mean Felicity is a movie character....

17. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

There was an article about this about a month or two back. They wanted to keep the TV and Movie verses totally separate, so they didn't even bother thinking about any of the Arrowverse actors for any of the parts. It was when they were talking about casting decisions for Suicide Squad. HarleyQ was already teased in Arrow, but DC pulled the plug on her so she'd be in SS.

Besides, as of this season, there are now four shows (Arrow, Flash, Legends, Supergirl) for crossover events. It's already hard to keep track. Imagine throwing in another five (Batman, MoS, WW, AM, and Justice League) on top of that.

18. Agent

High Score:
    That can easily be explained by Flashpoint.

As for Felicity... If Flashpoint can result in people who were meant to die being brought back to life, who's to say it can't do the opposite?

19. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    The director said that the tone of JL would be dark and Grant's flash is more like the traditional flash, and would not fit. Look at batman V superman. Batman wiped a lot of people. Flash will most likely be killing people in the JL movie, Grant will not fit the role.

I think of it like as a new DC universe.

20. Agent

High Score:
    Stuff like this, I don't get.

First of all, why are they still hiring Snyder? Can they not see that he is clearly not the right person for the job given his track record? What, do they think he'll just magically get better at his job?

As for a darker tone: Just because Batmam kills doesn't mean everyone else will be doing the same. Superman's only kill is Zod so he's not exactly The Punisher.

As a side note, I honestly think that they didn't actually mean for Batman to kill people. I think Snyder got carried away by the action scenes and didn't realise that people could actually die from stuff like that.

Besides, Flash has always been the least jaded/traumatised of the league. In a world where everyone else killed It wouldn't be that much of a stretch to assume that he would be the moral centre of the group.