1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Deftex, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Deftex

Deftex Third Year

High Score:
    Anyone else really hyped for this game? It's easily one of my most anticipated this year. I enjoy the way it's being marketed what with the various Mission Briefings and brief glimpses of gameplay.

I know there's a lot of people who hate on this game because of how the original ME Trilogy ended, but I tend to care more about the journey instead of the destination so I thoroughly enjoyed the trilogy (Except ME1, that hasn't aged well at all) and it certainly isn't going to keep me away from Andromeda.

I just want to know what everyone's thoughts and opinions are regarding this upcoming title. I'm personally very excited that it will have 4K capabilities.

2. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't trust Bioware with a lot of things and I don't approve of a lot of their decisions, plus I'm still against the concept of moving the series to a different galaxy. I haven't checked in on the gameplay lately.

3. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Just take my money already Bioware! Take it all!!

4. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I want it so bad. Really bad. Want adorable Krogan violence.

5. VanRopen

VanRopen Headmaster

Literally everything I've heard in general and story-wise is...questionable at best. I'm waiting to hear about the gameplay after release, since my trust isn't high.

6. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    #FuckBioWare

N7 weapons that were developed for the Reaper War present in gameplay when the Andromeda Initiative left before the Reaper War. Lore inconsistencies with the journey to Andromeda. Meh. I'll probably watch a LP on YT for the story so I'm up to date on lore for fanfic.

I've lost all confidence in BioWare after they closed BSN for not being an echo chamber of exclusively positive feedback.

7. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

By the looks of things, it's going to have tedious resource gathering and pointless crafting, decent looking environments wasted on fetch quests, and a ton of inconsistencies with what we've learned from the earlier ME games, but this is modern Bioware so it's to be expected.

Honestly, I have no idea how anyone can think this game will be good after Mass Effect 3.

8. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Definitely looking forward to this one, and I've already placed my pre-order. The original trilogy is one of my favourite series in gaming, and it's the only series other than HP that I've actively sought out fanfic for. I've liked what I've seen of Andromeda, and I still have enough confidence in Bioware that even if it turns out to be not as good as I'm hoping it will, it'll still be a great way to spend 60 to 100 hours.

Edit Odran: I enjoyed ME3. It isn't perfect, but on the whole, yeah, I enjoyed it. Still do, actually - I'm in the middle of it on my latest play through right now.

9. Deftex

Deftex Third Year

High Score:
    I've considered every post very carefully, and after much consideration I've come up with a valid argument to every objection and naysayer who may have misgivings.

Hawt.

Alien.

Sex.

10. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    BioWare.

Animation.

11. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I think ME3 had some of the greatest moments in my personal video-gaming history. Tuchanka? Retaking Rannoch?

Those were perfect missions through and through. They just bent everyone over for the ending.

I'll still buy and play this game.

12. Deftex

Deftex Third Year

High Score:
    From the little we've seen of an... intimate scene the animations don't seem like they'll be terrible.

That said you could be totally right, but mass effect 3 came out in 2012 so hopefully the animations have gotten drastically better.

I'm really optimistic because there hasn't been a game in a while that I've truly enjoyed.

13. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Bioware used Yvonne Strahovski as a basis for one of their characters and they messed that up so badly that a lot of people joked about how Miranda looked more like Michael Jackson.

Do you honestly think that you'll be actually getting any "hot" alien?

What are even the possibilities here? There's turians, asari, salarians and humans. That's it. Same old.

None of it was ever good.

I doubt Bioware will actually bother to write in animations for some new species that doesn't correspond to the animation set they have written for that particular humanoid type.

14. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Calling that the perfect genetically engineered woman was a warcrime. And those "sex scenes" and russian bolted on tits. Still, science has gone far since 2010 so there is still hope for sexy and bouncy alien boobs.

15. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

While I will probably buy the game provided the reviews aren't too bad I find it hard to get enthused for this game after the ending of ME3 /general storyline of that game. That said I am less worried about the story and characters and more about Bioware filling the "open" world of with more than just enemies since that is probably my biggest issue with Inquisition's maps.

16. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This is looking like a game I will have no problems waiting six months for a price drop to buy.

17. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

18. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Agreed. I wasn't convinced about melee weapons at first, but then I saw a sneak attack with a krogan hammer, and suddenly it seemed the best thing ever.

19. Generic_Generica

Generic_Generica Muggle

High Score:
    I like Mass Effect. Well except Mass Effect 3.

So like, I'll wait a year or so before getting this if I get it. Look at gameplay videos first.

20. silentclock

silentclock Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Yeah, I'm buying it day one. I just recently did a playthrough of the trilogy--the first time I'd played them in years. I absolutely love 1 and 2. And I liked Mass Effect 3 more than I'd remembered (though that could be because this was the first time I played the Citadel DLC, which I adored). BioWare has made three of my six favorite RPGs (KotOR, ME1, and ME2--the other three being Ocarina, Oblivion, and Paper Mario). I'm still on board.

#BioWare4ever