1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Yeah, I don't get why everyone was tow reading me, but I had to actively stop myself from posting to look more like town me.

I did like pretending to not see Typhon's claim, because that's actually something I would never have done if I were town.

2. Delphine

Delphine First Year

If I were to describe Q's play here in one word it would be coherent.

3. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Thanks Delphine.

Yeah, fluff was such an easy town read to just skate on when everyone else went that way. I think that, especially with dLGN and I being townread early, contributed to the apathy of that.

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    "Coherent" is not a thing I've mastered.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2017
  5. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Hey guys.

Sorry I sucked just trying to keep up after getting sucked into a portal made it super hard as I post by interaction. Then I felt continuous catch up :)

I just couldn't get my "radar" going except Typhon town so I tried PR lurk :(

---------- Post automerged at 22:54 ---------- Previous post was at 22:53 ----------

I probably shoulda just replaced out but I kept telling myself I would get a lead somewhere.

6. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    well fuck.

At least if I'm going to lose a mafia game, that's the way to do it.

*inhale*

I TOLD YOU SO

*shakes fist*

7. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

If it helps, you won over a bunch of new fans in Obs.

8. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    And in the scumthread!

9. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Congrats on the win scum team, took a brief look at your Scum QT and the amount of planning and decision making about who should push what to make town continue their infighting was impressive, while the win may have been largely due to town playing badly I think you guys very much deserve the win too. I second whoever it was (I think it was Jan) that Q needs to try and cut down on his 'bussing' / 'distancing' because I found the overfocus on DLGN rather awkward to watch at times during D3/D4 and don't particularly think it helped the scum team that much.

I plan on enacting revenge on DLGN fooling me at some point in the not so distant future.

I really enjoyed reading all of Eco's posts and found his analysis of the game very on point and reasonable. I really wanted more people to start listening to him because I found his patience in dealing with them very admirable; he may have lost the game but as Newcomb stated he's gained a lot of fans.

I'm going to keep my thoughts on the towns play short because there's not much nice I can say about it. I think activity is a very important part of the game however as Newcomb put it there hits a point where it's -EV. That happened D1 and while I can understand that re-reading that mess may not have been fun I can't stress how important it is for town players to actually reread the game from a new and fresh perspective with the information they have on hand (re; flips/claims), doing so would have almost certainly led towards Q and probably more.

---------- Post automerged at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

Oh and thanks for hosting this Eido, I liked the basic setup/flavour and very much enjoyed the Obs thread.

10. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Mmm, I don't really have anything to say.

I probably won't be able to join any games for a while though, don't currently have the time to play like I want to, and I don't seem to be able to successfully swap to a less time intensive style without getting lynched, as the last two games have shown. Town will hopefully be a little bit more successful without me dragging us down.

11. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

GG scum team!

Sorry town. I'm chalking this game up as "you live and you learn".

12. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    I've actually read the Spec chat now, and thank you for the kind words and sympathy. Being right helps soften the blow, but the genuine appreciation of my effort SOMEWHERE is heartening. The scum played well (apart from fluff obviously :p), so I don't want to take anything away from them, but I feel entirely justified in delivering a "for shame!" to basically every other townie.

Thanks for the game EidoVoxx, even if it was bittersweet. I feel like the average level of play here on DLP is pretty high, and welcoming, so I might come back here one day for revenge.

13. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As an obs I lost all motivation to keep up to date halfway through D1 haha. Props to everyone who slogged through an almost 3000 post game (DLP's most content ever?). Looking forward to catching up.

14. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

My signature now forever bears my shame.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Good.

You made me doubt font. :(

16. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Does it make you feel better if my antagonizing you was all planned to distract you from pushing Q and/or dLGN?

You played great btw.

17. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    A little bit. I was too easily trolled :(

I typed out and deleted some very rude posts!

18. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I figured you could easily get a Q lynch going, but we're never getting me lynched, so by being dismissive and rude I could tilt you enough for you to play suboptimally.

19. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    MathBlade actually achieved that more effectively than you did :p

20. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

...Just as planned.:sherlock: