1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLP DnD

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Zeelthor, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

That's an odd request. But as long as you don't interfere at all I don't see the problem (I would probably mute you to ensure that).

2. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Its not that unusual a request, a lot of folk who've never gamed before want to observe first. Generally I try to talk them into participating instead, they can always play a passive character who doesn't do much more than follow the suggestions of others if they aren't really sure of what sort of actions to take themselves. But theres no harm comes from someone watching your game.

3. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

That's a good point

Koalas would you like to play instead of observing?

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ideally yes but it's just not schedule permitting atm. I also haven't touched 5th yet and kind of want to see how it plays out from a more DM perspective. If anyone's uncomfortable with it that's fine, no pressure.

5. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

No problem. Join us on Discord, and you'll be welcome to observe the game.

6. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

I have one slot open for this Saturday (14.01) Call of Cthulhu game. Starts at 18:00 Central European Time. As this is an ongoing game, you would be taking over a character of a player who can not make it. Anyone interested?

7. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Time is 2:30PM to 7:30PM (UTC) on Saturday 14th. If you're still interested in observing, send me a message in discord (same username) and I'll give you the permission to connect to the proper voice channel to hear what's happening, and the Roll20.

8. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Trying to get another game going on the discord. Feel free to join and/or message me here if you're interested.

Dresden Files RPG Campaign
    by Uncle Stojil

An urban-fantasy adventure set in Jim Butcher’s world, which we will get to expand during the world-building first session, and explore in the roleplaying ones that are going to follow. New players are welcome. Power level to be decided.

System: Dresden Files RPG (based on FATE)

Played:
    Weekly (3-5 hours per session)

Player Slots Open:
    5 Time: To Be Decided (Wednesday at 12 or 23, Saturday at 7, Sunday at 17 - all GMT - are what works best for me)

9. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Unfortunately none of those times really work for me. I'm also involved in two games (and soon to be GMing a third) already, so for the sake of my sanity that's probably for the best.

10. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

There's no such thing as too much roleplaying. :p

But yeah, too bad about the times. The ones listed are what I would find very convenient, and anything else would require me jumping through some hoops to make it happen, but it wouldn't be impossible. I can be talked into different ones, if needed.

11. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Double posting (sorta) to give an update on the Dresden Files game. The time slot has been decided (Saturday at 7 GMT) and the first session is scheduled for the 4th of February. Two spots are still available so don't hesitate to step forward if you're interested.

12. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

After the first session, we realize we could very much use a character who actually has good social skills. :V

13. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Or investigative skills. :D

14. Mordecai

High Score:
    ...how on earth did you all fuck up enough to create a DF party without social skills or investigative skills?

15. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Because there's 3 of us. One is a tank, one is a reworked-into-scion vampire, and one is a wizard. I think the tank, being a Priestly figure, should be more social.

16. Mordecai

High Score:
    With paper and pen min maxing is a bad strategy. You should always have multiple roles, at the very least a primary and a secondary. With Dresden thats really easy to do during creation.

17. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

I'm interested. I've only browsed the the DF RPG for the fluff but I've read the series.

18. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If only you could see the things we're doing in enembee's campaign.

He spent 6 hours creating a dungeon meant to be a late game base for us. And we nuked it.

Great things, folks.

19. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

My character is a demigod actor. My secondary skill is mental. I have Performance as a skill, which Drastic is generously letting me use for certain social situations.

Jibril is our wizard, so he's our resident supernatural expert too.

Evantide is a priest, so he's got empathy. Which is great for defensive social circumstances, but pretty shoddy for offense.

Two of us have 3 presence. Our highest Rapport is 1. 0 intimidation, 0 Deceit, 0 investigation, and 0 contacts.

That's it for social.

Effectively, we have:

Demigod who is a combat powerhouse with high physical and mental offense and defence.

Wizard, who is... a wizard. He's also our knowledge guy.

Then we have the priest, who's a tank with his IoP but... yeah. That's about it. He's a tank. loads of stress boxes, plenty of armour. Fairly good at hitting people, but not great. TBH I'd suggest if we can adjust skills that he drop Endurance and pick up Rapport, because his Supernatural Toughness makes him plenty capable of taking physical anyway. Or shift his skill tree from 2-2-2-2-2 to 5-3-2-2-1, dropping discipline (5) to 4, weapons (4) to 2, endurance (3) to 1, and pick up Rapport at 3 and two other skills at 1. Scholarship? Survival? Performance? Stealth? Craftsmanship, even?

Scholarship because he grew up in the clergy and received a good education? Performance for giving sermons and such? Craftsmanship for maintaining his staff and clothes, as befits a priest? Stealth because he was an unruly student and used to sneak out? Survival because... no idea.

Edit: We have Investigation at 2, apparently. Also we need a guy. Preferably one with Resources and Rapport 5, Contacts and Intimidation 4. 3 Deceit, 3 Investigation, 2 Survival and 2 Stealth. That'd all be pretty cool. Vanilla mortal, maybe. Or some WCV, or a type of Fae.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  20. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

When he says "nuked it", he literally mean we made the reactor of an abandoned starship explode, creating an atomic explosion annihilating the base we could have had and all the treasures still hidden within.