1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLP DnD

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Zeelthor, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Tell that to Morgan when he comes to cut off your head :p

2. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Didn't seem to bother you when I left a man a gibbering, sobbing, and otherwise catatonic mess on the floor! (Also Alex is amazing at beating down Wizards if they don't have the Paranet Papers Mental Fortitude stunts. Wizards soak mental stress so fast and I have a mental nuke.)

3. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

I would need 4 additional Refresh Points to be able to take that Mental Fortitude ability - 2 in Refinements as a prerequirement and 2 for the MF ability itself. So, a long way ahed :p

EDIT:
    12 Refresh needed for Inhuman Mental Fortitude (2 Refinements)
    15 Refresh needed for Supernatural Mental Fortitude (4 Refinements)
    19 Refresh needed for Mythical Mental Fortitude (6 Refinements)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  4. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

I'll talk to Morgan. I'm sure he'd love me. Worst case scenario, we'll go back to our dear friend, mister Thulu.

5. Ashan

Side note: I still can't see your character sheet, for one.

Second: I know Jibril doesn't have any slots for potions, but you're playing what appears to be (from the interaction we've had) someone who can craft potions. Says potions are supposed to have strength equal to lore, so... could you make a potion or two that boosts Fists or Weapons for a scene? Fists if you want people to be out quickly, Weapons if you want Evan Tide to do anything more than stand around and look scary :p.

6. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I give you 3 aspects to tag and you still couldn't land a punch. :V

7. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

I could make a potion a bit like that, I think, yeah. It'd probably have to be based off steroids or something, though, and that'd come with obvious drawbacks. :p he's good at this stuff but he only just got started. Will check what's up with the character sheet.

8. Ashan

I've managed to get my hands on a copy of the Dresden Files Accelerated rulebook. It's pretty cool. Hit me up or ping me on the PnP Discord if you'd like to have a peek.

9. disc

disc Squib

High Score:
    Are silent observers still okay? Due to school I can't predict if I will even be able to show up but if the stars align I'd love to get a glimpse into a session. (or at least one that isn't cleaned up like Critial Role)

10. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Hey guys, kinda want to join in but my schedule and my lack of any prior knowledge scuppers me. Are there any guides or wikis I can look at before attempting to join?

11. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Are you looking for more technical details or general tips?

12. Evan Tide

Had a DnD 5e session last night where we executed the most stupid escape plan.

I was playing a Minotaur barbarian and my team was trapped with the Red Dragon egg in the Duregar town of Out of the Abyss. A Drow party as well as the local magician's group monitoring the egg wanted to stop us.

To escape, I drank an Enlarge potion and picked up everyone in my cloak. The two spellcasters in the party maintained Haste and Invisibility on me. As a note, I am a totem Barbarian who took Elk aspect at level 6 for double travel speed. As an unarmored Barbarian, I have 40 speed due to class features.

The encounter ended in two turns because absolutely none of the NPCs could catch up to a 320 speed invisible Minotaur carrying his entire team in a cloak-turned-bag.

13. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

You'd have to ask DM one by one if they allow observer. There is always the option for you to join for a oneshot or a West Marches kind of game. I guess it also depends on what game you're looking for.

Reading he rule books is a good idea. After that I just suggest playing; there is literally nothing better than playing to figure out what kind of player you are, and if enjoy it or not.

14. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

I'm currently seeking players for modern-day Call of Cthulhu games.
    ---
    EDIT:
    Anyone interested, sent me a PM here or on Discord.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  15. Ashan

Dresden in Dresden
    A Dresden Files Accelerated Edition Campaign by Ashan

An urban-fantasy adventure set in Jim Butcher’s world, where we're playing in Dresden, East Germany, 1949. You play as Mortals, Wizards, Changelings, True Fae, Valkyries, Vampires, Knights (even Kringle's Seneschal!) or you can create a custom Mantle of Power for yourself (Work with the GM for this). Long campaign. Some anachronisms may appear, just handwave them as to aid narrative flow.

System: Dresden Files Accelerated Edition (based on FATE Accelerated)

Played: Weekly (3-5 hours per session).

Player Slots Taken: 4

Player Slots Open: 1 (I can squeeze in 2 with some difficulty)

Time: Saturday at 0600 GMT, regardless of DST

Note: We missed 3 sessions of Drastic's campaign and decided that we'd try this out. That you can play Fae in DFAE meant that Avery joined us, and I learned that there's more than one other person around in SEA.

Current players are Avery (Winter Court Fae), Evan Tide (Focused Practitioner, Projectomancer), Jibril (Sergeant in the Volkspolizei), and Zeelthor (White Council Wizard War Veteran).

If you're interested, drop me a PM.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  16. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Operation BLIND COUGAR

Clyde Baughman was an active Delta Green agent from 1967 to 1970, and an infrequent “Friendly” during the late Nineties. Four days ago he died in his apartment of a massive heart attack. You are cordially invited to conduct a sweep of his appartment and sanitize any and all evidence of Mr. Baughman involvment with the Program, before his heirs arrive within 48 hours.

System: Delta Green (Call of Cthulhu-based)

Player Slots Open: 4

Player Slots Taken: 0

Time: Saturday at 1400 GMT, regardless of DST - up for negotiation of course.

PM here, or on Discord.

17. Evan Tide

18. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Potentially looking for 1 more to play Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay on Saturdays @ 9pm GMT. Drop me a message on the DLP RPG Discord for more info.

19. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

THE DOOM OF AVALLEN by Hawkin & Zarkin

Last month, famous explorer Barnabas found the most peculiar thing: an island where there shouldn't be one! He named it Avallen. Excited by this new discovery, the Explorers' League has been traveling the mainland in hope of recruiting courageous adventurers to colonize and explore the uncharted island. You are one such adventurer.

The Doom of Avallen is a West Marches (WM) campaign that has been in the work for the past year with two DMs who love story-telling, and roleplaying. For those of you unfamiliar with the WM concept, it basically boils down to a rotating cast of adventurers, and the exploration of an unknown land. Each session will be an expedition into Avallen's wilderness, and you will be the one responsible to organize them; from finding players (within the hopefully vast group of players interested) to be part of your adventuring party to establishing the expedition's objective (e.g. Explore the recently discovered ruins in the local forest). The advantages of such a system is that you don't have to commit to playing regularly, but can simply join when your schedule allows it.

System: Dongeons & Dragons 5th Edition
    Player Slots Open:15
    Player Slots Taken:0
    Time:Variable

Recruitment is open, and the first game should take place within two weeks (probably on Sunday 23rd, still TBD). Ping me in #lfg(or PM me) if you want more information about the campaign or if you are interested in joining. We are looking forward to playing with you all.

Join the Discord Server, and PM me for more information!

20. Ninclow

Ninclow Fifth Year

High Score:
    Following the events of December 7, 1926, the world breathed a sigh of relief. Gellert Grindelwald, the most notorious dark wizard in generations, had been captured after a failed attempt to secure an obscurus. With Grindelwald in custody, Newt Scamander was ordered by MACUSA to leave New York City and take his mischievous case with him. Upon stepping foot on a ship bound for Britain, Scamander received word from an old friend seeking his help at Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. While peace and quiet seems to be coming back to America, the damage wrought by the Second Salemers cannot be undone. The stage is set for a struggle to survive in a Brave New World.

In this Fantastic Beasts inspired RPG, you enter the atmosphere of 1920s America on the verge of civil unrest while Newt continues his journey to examine the enchanting world of magical creatures. Take classes or teach them at Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, delve into your passions as an animal lover at the Ravenwood Sanctuary (a magical creature preserve), walk the streets of New Orleans but beware of the voodoo criminal kingpin that rules the city, watch quidditch in the epicenter of American quidditch at Roanoke, become an auror for MACUSA and hunt criminal wizards and witches, and visit the Old West ghosts that inhabit the magical city of Tumbleweed.

Brave New World is a bit down on its luck as of late, in the sense that we're only four active members at the moment, but we would really like some fresh blood, some new faces and some new stories if anyone here would like to join us and try to help us realizing the dream of seeing the RPG regain its former prominence. I know the hype for Harry Potter is not what it once was, but we're trying to get it up and going again. The four of us can't do it alone, but with your help, we just might pull it off together. :)