1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Manga Thread Part 3

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Jon, May 29, 2015.

1. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

This manga Boruto came out in July of 2016 as of today we finally get original content and hopefully it will get interesting.

2. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    First thought: why is this thread still alive? ...Oh.

This character drawing style. Looks like Naruto: High School. Especially Gaara, wtf happened to him?

I dunno. The whole thing still feels vaguely bullshit. It looks like the plot going forward might not be completely terrible, but I still can't shake that feeling of wrongness.

3. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I actually thought the art was getting a bit better. Maybe the artist will start drawing bigger tits as the manga goes on as well.

4. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I know that this thread is basically dead, but I see no reason to open a new thread for the Boruto anime.
    I watched the first episode of Boruto and it's actually not bad at all. The story in this episode wasn't a rehash of the Boruto movie or the manga. The animation was also like the current Shippuden animation so the few shots of Hinata and other girls actually looked pretty normal all things concerned.

I realize that this is only episode one but if things continue as they are with the anime this might actually do some good for the new Boruto franchise.

5. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

This sums up my issue with "Boruto" in a single image.

On the left we have a respectable ninja. On the right we have a 5 year old hooker.

[​IMG]

6. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

This explains why none of the girls have tits anymore. The mangaka has apedo fetish.

7. gamarad

gamarad Fourth Year

I just watched the first 12 episodes of the Boruto Anime and was pleasantly surprised, especially by episodes 8 and 9.

In a lot of ways Boruto is the character I wish Naruto had been. While being a bit of an idiot is part of Naruto's character sometimes the original show took that trait beyond my suspension of belief. Boruto on the other hand can still be a bit of an idiot but it's more endearing than annoying. Boruto's character reminds me of many of the the better fanfic depictions of Naruto that I've read.

The also show allows itself to have real character moments that aren't immediately played for comic relief, which happened enough in in the original show to be grating. And the pacing isn't glacial like the later episodes of Naruto were; it feels like the plot advances an appreciable amount in most episodes.

I'm not saying it's the best anime ever but I think it's worth checking out if you liked Naruto.

8. gamarad

gamarad Fourth Year

I take it back. Boruto is bad in all the same ways Naruto was.

9. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Haha.

The last few episodes were the anime adaptation of Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring., a ten chapter manga made by Kishimoto, in case you weren't aware. Everything before that was original content.

10. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Hey guys, guess who's got Wood Release?

[​IMG]

What a time to be alive.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  11. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Image doesn't load for me

12. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  13. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Technically not the manga but eh.

[​IMG]

The anime adapts the movie plotline in Spring 2018. Now including the third Otsutsuki that Kishimoto didn't have the chance to include the first time around: OtsutsukiUrashiki.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  14. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I was bored out of my skull and the alcohol just wasn't enough. Episode 55 of the Boruto anime just came out and it seems kind of interesting... It seems a bit like Akatsuki 2.0, but it's better than the manga so far. Episode 55 the start of the Boruto chunin exams.

15. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Excuse me, I haven't checked this thread in a while and have zero interest in Boruto but fucking Moegi has WOOD RELEASE?

What? How? What?

16. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

I posted that, what, half a year ago? And we literally don't know any more about it now than we did back then which was, y'know, fuck all.

17. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Udon has snot-based jutsu. Moegi having wood release is far from Boruto's weirdest decision.

18. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

If you're in the mood for a badass fight, I recommend watching Boruto 65 which is a completely revamped version of Naruto & Sasuke vs Momoshiki.

19. gamarad

gamarad Fourth Year

I just caught up on the most recent ten chapters of the manga and I was pleasantly surprised. It's still not very good but it's gotten better at least. I especially enjoyed chapter 26 which featured a good amount of Boruto's dad.

20. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

Naruto once beat the shit out of the closest thing the narutoverse has to a God and now he's getting slapped around by off-brand Sasori, this "sequel" really is pure shit.