1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Mother of Learning by nobody103 - T - Original Fantasy

Discussion in 'Original Fiction' started by Betosa, Apr 3, 2013.

1. One

One Second Year

I would buy it if it came with some illustrations of some of the characters, monsters, and locations. Some editing is also needed, but not much. It would have to be split into different books (of course).

I only mention the illustrations because there's not a lot of descriptions of how the characters look (I heard the author did this on purpose to let everyone imagine the characters how they thought they should look, inside their heads). However, later on he provides some descriptions. This became a problem for me, since I imagined Akoja as a fair skinned girl with long black hair, & it turns out she had short brown hair & glasses, and wore very conservative clothing.

Some illustrations of the world (made by the author) and the characters (made by fans) are already online. All it would take would be asking permission and giving a bit of the profit to them (I think they'd be thrilled).

Top List of things to be illustrated: (might have missed some)

Book 1:
    Have to be there: Zorian, Zach, Lich, Red Robes
    Would Prefer to be Included: Xvim, Kirielle, Taiven, Akoja, Kael & Kana, Briam & Salamander, Aranea
    Optional: Benisek, Ibery, different teachers, Detective Haslush, Mother, Fortov, Nochka, Imaya

Book 2:
    Have to be there: Silverlake, some maps, Raynie, Nochka & Rea, Alanic
    Would Prefer to be Included: Mayor, Students that took part in Zorian’s training, Gurey (Shop Owner), Grey Hunter, Tinami, Lukav, Guardian
    Optional: Aranea, Vani, Kiana, Golem, gun

Book 3:
    Have to be there: Xvim, Damien, Hydra, more maps
    Would Prefer to be included: Neolu, Orissa, some members of Damien’s team, monsters
    Optional: Grey Hunter

2. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

After being a little aditionally late, it updated.
    Time to read it!

3. Ceins

Ceins Second Year

Anyone remember what Zorian's plan for the future is that would get organizations gunning for him ?

4. Donimo

Donimo Auror

I don't think he had one.

5. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Zorian has approached levels too sinisters to actually be left alone if he uses his actual talents outside of the timeloop and be seen using them.

6. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

If he expect something like that to happen, he should pick a new hobby in the loop. Gathering all possible information about groups and people that can target him in the future to use if against them if needed.

The invasion is getting easier and easier to deal with. If not for the Red Robe and his possible influence, they already have one way of dealing with it without even bringing it to attention of the government.

7. deathcross

deathcross Squib

High Score:
    It's not that Zorian has any specific plan, but that he fully intends to continue his magical studies once he's out of the time loop. Studies in highly forbidden and illegal areas of magic requiring a great deal of rare and valuable resources that will most certainly be monitored by any interested parties. Areas of magic that are probably treated the with the same level severity we would grant to nuclear, biological, or chemical research considering the potential for harm they represent.

Now we know he's probably not making magical nukes, but any interested government, criminal, and everything in between organization wouldn't. If any of said organizations learn even fraction of his potential (which given his previously stated need for resources Zorian fears they will) they will either try to control or neutralize him, which is unlikely to end well for anyone involved.

8. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

This chapter... surprised me when it ended. I felt like nothing other than the planned attack happened, and it didn't go horribly off course. It didn't go to plan but it did feel like there wasn't quite enough in this chapter to satisfy... but eh, not a big deal.

I thought it was weird how he mentioned the aranea defenses being setup even though they had disappeared, because I always had the impression that Red Robe was behind most of their aranea defense (having given them new information). But I guess the invasion planning had begun prior to the timeloop starting and if they had known the spiders to exist they'd have some basics with them regardless.

9. Donimo

Donimo Auror

Its mentioned the aranea were fighting with these people for months already.

10. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    I think we're in for some character development with Taiven since she thinks she just saw him die. Apart from that, yeah I didn't feel that much really happened. Battles just seem less stressful and/or exciting when we know that even if they did die they'd just lose a handful of days on the tail end of the restart.

11. Celestin

I'm unsure if character development is the right words for it considering the loops. Character discovery?

As for the battles, I expect a little more excitement when they finally get around to capturing their own primordial. :)

12. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    I was thinking her reaction would cause development on Zorian's side, though you are right that on her side it would be more discovery than development.

13. HateThisPart

HateThisPart Squib

High Score:
    Do Zach and Zorian have any plans to find out who put the original marker on Zach? If I remember correctly, the Guardian say the maker of the loop or an agent should have explained everything to Zach. I'm surprised they are not more curious about their motivations, considering the loop started a whole month before the release of the primordial and the invasion. This is assuming that I'm not confused and the Maker is some kind of god.

14. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

They aren't sure that Zach has the original marker if I recall correctly. Zorian is fairly sure, and evidence seems to back it up, but to answer your question...

You have a good point. I'd be curious as hell. Pretty sure they'd be all over finding out who put the original marker on Zach if they had the first hint of a clue about where to start.

Their best lead in that regard is probably Red Robe. He's also part of the time loop so he knows something about it, and since he left he knows thing that Zach either never knew or has forgotten he knew. And since Red Robe is gone they don't have other leads, and at the moment it's more of a curiosity than something time critical like finding the key and getting out (as far as we know anyway).

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  15. Puzzled

Puzzled High Inquisitor

New chapter is up, here.

16. Vanathor

Vanathor Third Year

So Second Best Girl gets a dateo.

Tavin is an adequate waifu

17. Donimo

Donimo Auror

Who is first best girl?

18. Vanathor

Vanathor Third Year

Reynie the wolf girl, of course!

19. Celestin

I really liked this chapter. After big fights we have a lot of a character discovery.

While I doubt Zorian will patch things up with his parents, after this chapter I expect him to do it at least with Fortov. Not checking even once in any loop what happens to him during the invasion is quite horrible thing to do.

A date with Taiven probably finishes her subplot. Like in dating sims, once that's done there nothing else to do. ;)

It would be nice if after the loops are done and the invasion is dealt with, we would get a look at how Zorian handled his relationships when his interactions with people actually have lasting consequences.

20. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

I hope that's the end of Taiven subplot. I just don't like very much.