1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Best Long Harry Potter Fanfics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Conquistador, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Conquistador

Conquistador High Inquisitor

High Score:
    So, I am working on compiling a list and would like to know everyone's top 5 fanfics over 250K words. Also, want to see if there is anything good left to read. (Ever notice how when you first entered the fandom you were overwhelmed but now you have to look so hard to find something worth reading).

Anway, the rules are as follow:

-Greater than(or equal to) 250k words
    -NOT slash

Once again, please list your TOP 5

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Remember what I said in your last thread? The thread that was similar to this one? In case you forgot, I said...

Oh, and since you're asking for recs... give us yours. What are the best stories you've read that meet all or most of your criteria?

It's one thing if you're looking for a specific fic to not recommend something, but these generic lazy ass threads that you're using to avoid looking through the library yourself? Stop it unless you contribute.

3. Conquistador

Conquistador High Inquisitor

High Score:
    All right I am sorry. I just find that it is better to get recommendations by asking people instead of looking through the library.

I am searching for a story in a forum called story search.

Not much wrong with that.

4. TMD

TMD High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

You've presumably read the common answers to this question (TLIL, Black Comedy, Denarian Trilogy, etc.) so here are my top 3 less known fics. Like you, I love everything absurdly long (250k+) and complete if at all possible.

1. The Life and Times by Jewels5 (Abandoned probably) - 693k
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5200789/1/The-Life-and-Times

2. The Snape Chronicles by Rannaro (Complete) - 647k
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7937889/1/A-Difference-in-the-Family-The-Snape-Chronicles

3. Blindness by AngelaStarCat (WIP) - 236k, included because it'll be 250k in the next update probably.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10937871/1/Blindness

There's also Kurinoone's edgelord Voldemort raised Harry trilogy, which was a very guilty pleasure, and the Sacrifices arc which I read a long time ago and may have actually been rubbish - bu I can't remember for sure. Either way it was enjoyable at the time, so check that out. I'm currently reading A Marauder's Plan (893k Complete), but I wouldn't recommend it thusfar unless you have a lot of time to waste.

5. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

6. jaegermaester

jaegermaester Muggle

High Score:
    good long fics

Harry Crow: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8186071/1/Harry-Crow (ffn)
    What will happen when a goblin-raised Harry arrives at Hogwarts. A Harry who has received training, already knows the prophecy and has no scar. With the backing of the goblin nation and Hogwarts herself. Complete.

Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality: http://www.hpmor.com/ (own site)
    Harry is highly inquisitive and intelligent as Petunia marries a scientist instead of Vernon. A classic in the fanfic world

7. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Necro technically on topic, but I have a moral objection to labeling either of those fics 'good'. Shit, I'll even give you MOR, but Harry Crow?

8. Sey

Sey Not Worth the Notice DLP Supporter

High Score:
    But much Golbins and inheritances

9. Verovir

Verovir Disappeared

High Score:
    Since I am not big on favouriting stories, only story that fits both requirements and also is in my favourites on ff.net is Harry Potter and the Turning of the Sun, so it is also automatically my number 1. There are also several fics that almost fit, but narrowly don't. Never mind those. I don't read stories that long very often. I will edit this post if I think of any other story.

Story being good wasn't one of OP's rules. Also, you didn't list your TOP 5.

10. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    dude, the thread title
    why did you not just read it
    this is basic shit