1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Movies in 2017

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Celestin, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'd say that maybe you should actually watch the movie before going on about how it's not scary at all and how you're such a badass edgelord who's better than all the pussies and cucks.

2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

But then I wouldn't get to talk shit about it. I didn't say you sucked for watching the movie, only that I have heard mixed reviews and then I gave speculation about how I thought possibly it could go based off my experience with the original movie and how the movie did a good job of not showing the monster and being scary. compared to a understanding of modern tropes and how everyone is apparently afraid of clowns now, and how it would take more than some jump scares and clown makeup to bother me. So, would you kindly suck my dick.

Because as far as I knew this thread is called upcoming movies of 2017 where we make speculation if it's going to be good or bad, but fuck me right?

How do you like that for a giant run on sentence.

3. Moukaboy

Moukaboy Banned

High Score:
    Are you really saying that if given a chance with a gadot rn you wouldn't take it ?

4. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    ... he's saying quite the opposite.

5. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

From what I remember the awful 90s adaptation of It constantly showed the monster and did a terrible job of being scary, it's not exactly a new modern thing for horror movies to go for cheap thrills instead of anything more subtle. If you haven't watched that since you were a kid you might want to take another look, because that hilarious spider wasn't any scarier than constantly having the clown shoved in your face.

6. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Kingsman in 2 days...Kingsman in 2 days...Kingsman in 2 days...Kingsman in 2 days...Kingsman in 2 days...

This is basically my brains for the next two days, lol

7. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Baby Driver was boring as fffuuuuuyyyck. Only good part was the trailer shot where he spins the Subaru in an improbable way. I probably should have taken the hint. I mean, they used the Impreza in red instead of blue.

The quirky love story didn't pull me in at all. Baby's gimmick was wasted on a try hard classic soundtrack of which I didn't recognize one song. As awesome as the first GOTG is, fuck it for making this soundtrack thing a thing.

Jamie Foxx, Jon Hamm and Kevin Spacey had nothing to play. The film went for the cheapest cliches and I saw none of Edgar Wright's humor. It ain't got shit on Hot Fuzz. I don't know why it got favorable reviews, there's nothing there.

8. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

My opinion of Baby Driver is a little more favourable, but from the reviews I was expecting something excellent. As it was I actually paused it somewhere in the middle and finished few hours later because it didn't fully capture my attention.

9. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm off to the local cineworld tonight - a showing of Kingsman at ~2100, and then a midnight release of Golden Circle.

Work tomorrow is going to be hell.

10. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

It: pretty good
    Baby Driver: okay, nothing special
    Logan Lucky: boring and therefore bad.

11. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Golden Circle was awesome. Dunno whether I feel it's better than the original, although it does seem to suffer from a minor case of "Americans aren't outshone".

12. Gengar

High Score:
    Yeah, seconded, buuuuut...

I almost walked out when Roxy died. Like wtf!

And there's no way they get Channing Tatum to play such a minor role without a third movie planned...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

13. Snapdragon

Snapdragon Banned

The movie is definitely more style than substance but it didn't bore me. Paper thin plot though and it lacks any kind of coherent message.

14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm not at all sold on Roxy being dead. You see her yell 'shit!' and then rush off screen before it happens. A few seconds later or two, the mansion explodes. It was very clearly deliberately done, as virtually every other significant death was shown onscreen. There could have easily been some high tech asspull escape handy and waiting offscreen. Certainly more plausible than "parafilm saves headshot victims".

I'm sure they wanted to leave it vague, unlike with Harry's "death", so the option to write her into a third film could be done with a significantly smaller handwave.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    Yeah, I'm clinging to that hope, lol

16. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Thought Kingsman was pretty dull, to be honest. Not awful by any stretch, a couple of the set pieces were genuinely cool (although nothing on the church scene) and a couple of the jokes made me laugh out loud, but overall a disappointing sequel.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    Yeah, with time I'm definitely feeling more disappointed by it...

Harry, and his amnesia arc, just shouldn't have happened. If you want to bring him back, they should have done it in a later movie. Preferably when Eggsy has had more time as Galahad and he's had more time up grow as an agent.

I think a Scotsman going full John Denver and singing about his beloved West Virginia was cringey as fuck. Don't even get me started on Elton John.

I'd have preferred it if this movie was Eggsy and Roxy as the last two Kingsmen having to save the world alone (BIAS ALERT I MAY HAVE A MASSIVE CRUSH), especially with her rather bit-part role in the climax of the first movie.

And Julian Moore was just poor when compared with Sam Jackson's villain...

So yeah, I wouldn't call it dull. I definitely enjoyed my time, but certainly disappointing...

18. Gengar

High Score:
    As someone who's never liked the OG Bladerunner, I enjoyed 2049 a lot...

I think?

19. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I'm waiting to see it until the crowds are smaller.
    How is it? Does it feel like a sequel, or a story set in the same universe?

Think the biggest thing about this movie was that it was supposed to tie up some loose ends.

20. Gengar

High Score:
    It's very much a sequel. If you're dreading them having 2017ing it, I don't think you have to worry. It's a sci-fi mystery thriller, not an action packed blockbuster.

Oh, and it's gorgeous, but that was obvious from the trailers.