1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Heads Up Guild Wars 2!

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Teyrn, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I started playing this again today.

Skykes.7564

You can use haste to get around quicker btw + teleport/leap skills.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  2. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

My friends badgered me into playing with them on another world.

Surprisingly enough, GW2 lets you be a member of a number of different guilds.

In that vein, I remembered my roots at the game and took you guys a Keep on a different server.

For a whooping seven minutes:
    http://i.imgur.com/OcMpwp8.jpg?1
    http://i.imgur.com/eAt0yVV.jpg?1

3. Dawn of Azazel

Dawn of Azazel Squib DLP Supporter

Fenraellis My in game tag is DawnofAzazel.5142 I wouldn't mind an invite to join you.

4. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

(acknowledged in game, as you know)

5. Tyrant's Bane

Tyrant's Bane Squib

Its a fun game. A bunch of friends and I are getting the guild ready for the next expansion and hopefully the guild hall expansion. Everything we have seen from the expansion so far has left us failry excited, and were looking forward to it.

6. Serial Lurker

Serial Lurker Muggle

So raids are going to be a thing in Guild Wars now:
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/raids-in-guild-wars-2/

ArenaNet is really trying hard with this expansion, lots of cool features. Yet I found dungeons painful in the base game, running them with randoms was such a painful experience. I'm really hoping the raids are not as annoying.

One thing I'm really disappointed with is the lack of new abilities for existing weapons the classes can already use. I'm so sick and tired of the same abilities on my ranger. Druid looks cool, but new abilities for my short/long bow would have been awesome.

7. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Perhaps, but also likely inappropriate. More likely, they would have introduced a new weapon(and they did), or, and this is unlikely, replaced a specific single under utilized ability on specific weapons. Weapons, at least, are supposed to be a fairly transparent indicator of what an opponent can and likely will do in PvP/WvW. If that could be mixed up by a player, like utilities, it becomes even more muddled.

Unless, of course, you were simply speaking of them outright replacing certain abilities (you don't like?) for good. Then, I suppose they might have, but again, it's unlikely since they've been around for a while, and are likely to continue to do so. That, and they don't need an expansion to make such changes, and have done so in the past.

8. Serial Lurker

Serial Lurker Muggle

I was more thinking along the lines of having more choices with the abilities of a weapon. Each weapon only having 5 possible abilities per class is kind of boring after a few years. Was hoping they would add new ones to existing weapons so you could switch it up a bit.

I think having less idea about what an opponent will do would be more fun than everyone being the same in pvp, so I guess I like it being muddled. Then again they could always limit it in pvp, I mean in GW1 some abilities did different things in pve/pvp.

I know they will never go with hundreds of abilities like they did in GW1 (really miss that system, no other game I've found matches up with it).

But overall impressed with what they've shown so far, just hope the maps are large enough with enough fresh content.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  9. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Welp. I'm thoroughly enjoying the Chronomancer on my Mesmer main. Even before having everything unlocked. Also, Gliding is actually more fun than I expected it to be, and the first new zone is massive(haven't finished to it to give some other friends time to catch up, though).

10. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Yeah gliding is crazy fun. By the way, can I get an invite for the guild? My username is ChaosGuy.2417. I managed to hit level cap super quick because of like 3 events bugging out and happening non-stop.

11. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Yeah, I'll get you an invite in a few minutes.

12. Eyron

Eyron Seventh Year

I had this since launch but didn't play much. Looking to get back in to it, can i get a guild invite once i'm finished installing? Gilan.1307

13. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I've been quite busy, and haven't checked here since the last time, but I'll shoot you an invite in a couple of minutes.

14. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

So, I've been playing again for a little while(actually, I did so a fair time ago, as well), and I figured I would put out a question here about anybody else that would be interested in doing the 'raid' dungeon(s) that are out. I have actually yet to do them, but with Legendary Armor finally being out now, and with the raid having multiple stages released, I figured I would see about getting around to it/them.

I've got some other people with varying degrees of interest, but thought I should at least ask the original crew of players here.

15. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

I'm gonna be one of those guys.

I've never played GW2, but I recently have gotten back into GW1. Hardcore back in.

However, I do try and keep up with the lore in GW2 what with the dragons n shit. Are there any rumors about the deep sea dragon surfacing any time soon? I must admit that I would like the lore even more if the GW2 prologue in GW1 finished (we got the War in Kryta and the Ministry of Purity in Cantha, but the Elonan one remained unfinished so we didn't get to see the re-rise of Palawa Joko.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  16. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

I'd be up for doing some raids in GW2.

17. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Actually pretty tempting, but I would have to wait until I get my laptop back from being repaired.

18. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

New expansion is out. I'm having fun jumping around on my shiny new raptor. He eats cactus monsters.

19. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Finished the story. Got all 4 advertised mounts to mastery level 3, so that means I can use their special movement abilities. The Raptor and jackal are the most fun to run around in, since they move so fast. Missed out on an achievement for only using my own weapons against Balthazar in the last fight since when you get up from being downed, it puts the quest weapon in your hand. Didn't notice until it was too late.

20. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

But do you have the secret mount?

...I don't yet, but I've also barely dedicated any time to the game(Still in the first zone, story wise, although I did full map clear the zone on my first visit) over the last few days, despite having fully planned to, because of outside reasons.