1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Any good fanfics with a SI or OC villain protagonist?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Mordr4d, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Mordr4d

Mordr4d Second Year

High Score:
    None of the power wank, angst and smut stuff. Doesn't matter which fandom really, but I do like the star wars fandom, especially a good fall to the dark side story.

A lot of these OC's or SI tend to be goody two shoes or trying to fix everything, however real life doesn't work like that and I hate how everything goes their way without any problems and everybody accepts it. I enjoy protagonists that aren't hero's or good guys, just people put in difficult situations and try to look out for themselves and their family first and foremost right?

I mean the protagonist doesn't have to be the next palpatine but it would be pretty cool to read something like that.

Also, has to be a guy too and a serious story with consequences.

2. Puzzled

Puzzled High Inquisitor

There's the renegade side stories of With this Ring, there's the Roose Bolton SI by Odran, and there's one with the Calculator. I'm not a huge fan of any of them, or SIs in general but they're sort of what you want.

3. Mordr4d

Mordr4d Second Year

High Score:
    Those stories are more of a good guy acting as a villain instead of an actually vilain being a villain. They are good guys, trying to better everything, not exactly what I want. Thanks for the response anyway.

4. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

If you haven't heard of it, there's the anime and light novel series Overlord. Guy plays as a skeletal lich guildmaster in a VRMMORPG, MMO is being permanently shut down, he stays logged in until the very end, and he's still there. He can no longer access the RPG elements, but retains all of his powers, his guild hall (which is effectively an end-game dungeon with Legendary and Artifact-level loot) gets transferred into a new world, and all the NPC guards and servants now have actual personalities and worship him as their ultimate master/god.

It's not a perfect fit for what you are looking for--the protagonist is drastically overpowered compared to the locals, with a lot of the story plays like the WoW South Park episode where the one player just curbstomps the other players (though it looks like that was about to change when the anime ended). There isn't any angst, as the protagonist retains the non-overly-emotional mentality of the lich he portrays. There's also some fanservice stuff with two of the servants fighting over being his waifu and bearing his children. Though, again, he is a lich and lacks the specific bone they are after, so it's mostly just them fighting each other.

On the other hand, it features the protagonist ordering one of his preteen servants to kill a man in cold blood, slowly crushing a woman to death in his arms instead of wasting a spell on her, seeking revenge on said woman not because she killed his 'friends' but that she disrupted his plans by doing so...It's definitely a villain protagonist.

5. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3337074/1/I-m-Here-to-Help

It has now come to this. I have lived too long, failed too often, and lost all that matters. Grant me this one last gamble. Grant me an end to our eternal conflict. Grant me the death of she who enslaved our world with its Purification. Grant me Serenity.
    Rated: Fiction M - English - Drama/Angst - Rei H./Raye/Sailor Mars - Chapters: 8 - Words: 61,045 - Reviews: 129 - Favs: 532 - Follows: 143 - Updated: Jan 18, 2007 - Published: Jan 12, 2007 - Status: Complete - id: 3337074

OC main, tries to stop Sailor Moon. It is probably best antoganist mc I have ever seen. I mean not outright villian per se but close enough for goverment work.

6. Mordr4d

Mordr4d Second Year

High Score:
    I've heard of it, even read the actual novel and it was quite frankly terible, out of nowhere the author wrote an entire volume dedicated to shonen lizards? Then in the next volume where we finally get rid of the random lizard people and follow the story of a cliche orphan knight where the author keeps repeating himself every 3 sentences about who that character is and what he does, to be frank. It's a complete piece of shit in my opinion and I've heard that the anime wasn't any better. I don't understand why people recommend it all the time when I browse different places.

7. GiantMonkeyMan

GiantMonkeyMan High Inquisitor

8. Mordr4d

Mordr4d Second Year

High Score:
    I'll check it out.

9. fire

fire Order Member

Did you need a brief glance through the wiki or something, at least? Literally no idea about some of the stuff being mentioned in the first scene otherwise, though the premise looks promising and the writing looks suitably competent.

10. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Can you give a bit more info on this one? Like, why would an SI try to stop Sailor Moon and want the demons to win (which seems rather villainous tbh) and why should we as the audience root for him in that case and stuff like that. Like, what is it really about. The summary just seems really pretentious and doesn't really tell me anything except for what seems like a bit of an edgy take on the whole SM thing if the Sailor Moon enslaved mankind thing is anything to go by.

11. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

What? I didn't write a Roose Bolton SI fic. That's Hashasheen you're thinking about.

12. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

He doesn't want Demons to win. He has little beef with the Sailor Senshi actually. Hell he is really regretfull about Sailor Moons "death".

His problem is, apperantly, Neo-Queen Serenity used her powers to take away peoples ability to feel bad emotions at some point in the future in order to make Crystal Tokyo reality. Bad emotions like anger and hate and what not. You know trivial stuff.

He is disgusted that she changed people unliterally. So he is a rebel that is trying to bring down Crystal Tokyo by going back in time.

13. Jarsha

Jarsha Seventh Year

Holy hell I haven't read something by Doherty in probably close to ten years. No pun intended, but that time travel fic is one blast from the past. It's aged pretty well too.

14. Horton

Horton Second Year

I’m actually curious now, are there any HP SI fics with this premise?