Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Common Room > Real Life Discussion
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Old 09-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #21
Lindsey
Order Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Lindsey
Speaking of Avatar: The Last Airbender...

I present you with my cat, Sokka.

Cute Baby Sokka.

Sokka and my sister's cat, Paws, chasing Gobstoppers in the bathtub.

Last edited by Lindsey; 09-13-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #22
Midknight
Administrator
Middy is SPAI!

DLP Supporter Donor Star
417414_10151087775555502_1584280906_n.jpg

Sup Odie?

Google Maps placemark list. If you want to come to a meetup, please place a nearby city on this so we can try to figure out carpooling, or future locations please!!
Travel Fund Donations! 1 time Donate , or monthly, Subscribe

Subscription options
Midknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 09-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #23
Samuel Black
Dark Lord

This is Molly. I think I've shown a picture of her on here before. She's actually my dog, but since I live in a small apartment, and she's gotten gigantic, I left her at home with my parents.

Chancey. Old as balls. Maybe 14 or 15 years old now I think.

And this is Hurley. She's 3 years old now, so quite a bit bigger. I don't have any recent images of her, so this'll have to do.
Upcoming chapter of The Master of Death
Samuel Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:42 AM   #24
Ash
Dark Lady
of Starfall

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via MSN to Ash
This is my old cat, he went on a walk and got caught in a storm and never came back (kind of like what we thought might have happened to Blaise, but it turned out to be Schrodinger, hey, maybe Schrodinger got my cat!).

I'm getting a new cat any day now, going to look at a polydactyl "Hemingway" cat tomorrow to decide if I want him....wanted a girl. Love those cats, with their thumbs. Will post pics if I get it.

Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 09-14-2012, 01:17 AM   #25
Antivash
Until we meet again...
...Stay gold. Bang.

Send a message via AIM to Antivash

Boxer/<Some breed I cant remember> mix. God I want to punch that damn dog so bad some times. Fucker loves to chew one thing more than any: My house. Has nearly ripped the screen door frame siding cover thingy to hell and back.

He-Who-Walks-Behind (not his name. >_>), my own personally little hellhound is a Chow/Lab mix. Everyone is afraid of him and I have yet to understand this. Sure, his soulless black eyes say "Take a set closer to this fence, bro, I haven't eaten any children in ages.", but he's actually very (not at all) sweet.

Somewhere between 14 and 16, going deaf, and probably not going to live much longer. He's also kind of racist. White cable guy goes back by the fence to fix the neighbors shit, cant be fucked to pay attention to him. Black neighbors go back to check on cable dude, you'd think the Erlking and his Wild Hunt have gone off chasing Sue the zombie T-Rex.

Now, DLP knows I love cats. (Cause everyday is Caturday when you're Vash.) But she makes me want to drown her so bad. Sits just to the right of our kitchen door, and waits. Someone walks by, and Bam! You have no ankles anymore. Or at least, no flesh on them. Doesnt even need to be provoked. Walk by five times fine, sixth ... "Fuck that guy, is nomnomnom time."

Edit: Failed to mention: Kittens have been gone for two years now. I'd kill myself if I still had all of them and they turned out to be like the beast-who-hates-ankles.

Find out how to use a steam sig like this here!
PS: If you PM and ask how to do it, I will ban you. Srsly.

Last edited by Antivash; 09-14-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Antivash is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 09-14-2012, 01:49 AM   #26
Riley
God of Magic

No lie Vash, your cat sounds fucking awesome.
My new attempt at fanfiction. After battling the entity known as Voldemort through the various Precincts of Death for over 80 years, there is a way out. HP/Abhorsen crossover. HP/HG main characters. Find out the rest inside. Reviews/ratings welcome and desired. DLP| FFN

Ongoing One Shot. The Keeper of the Alleyway. DLP
Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #28
Sin Saiori
Headmaster

This is Jasper.

He's a bit of an attention whore.

As such, when I wanted to go do my laundry, Jasper protested.

But that's alright. As my sister always says, we got the one with the waggly tail.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #29
insectamantidae
Order Member

My best feline buddy from Christmas, 1997- March 2012. The Rev. Chicken Jones... a wonderful cat, with thumbs!
Old 09-15-2012, 12:42 AM   #30
Antivash
Until we meet again...
...Stay gold. Bang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin Saiori View Post
He's a bit of an attention whore.

[IMG]Pic #3[/IMG]
I've gotta say, dude... Calling him a whore... and then the perspective of shot number three with that "Come on, bro. You gotta stop making me do this..." look...

As a pet owner, I feel the need to call PeTA. That just aint cool, man.... D:

Old 09-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #31
Speakers
Backtraced

Attention Whore Vash. That was a lame joke (and I hope it was a joke).
Speakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:14 AM   #32
Sin Saiori
Headmaster

I gotta hand it to you, Vash. You have a gift for catching things people don't know they set themselves up for.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:12 AM   #33
Warlocke
God of Magic

Small thumbnails and large blocks of text. Goody!

Warning: You'll be hearing about ex-pets.

Blue (or Boo, if you were to ask my father). She was very fussy about being touched or messed with, and would make lots of funny noises if you harassed her... which meant she got harassed fairly frequently.

We had another cat, who was born here just before we got the first of the two Himalayans, below. He was a black shorthair named Bart, with very over-sized fangs that didn't entirely fit in his mouth (and from which drool would drip when he got nervous). He and Blue would fight each other by sitting up on their hind legs and smacking at each other until, invariably, Blue would back up without thinking about where she was, and fall off the edge of the table.

They've been gone a long time: About as long as the Himalayans, below.

Bart and Blue shared the house with two other animals, who had arrived previously: An English cocker spaniel named Chadwick, whose previous owners couldn't keep him, and a titanic yellow lab mix named Hannah. Though her tail could wallop you pretty good if she was wagging it, she was the very image of a gentle giant: My niece used to use her as a step stool to get onto the couch when she was a toddler.

Hannah died of cancer (as did Chad), and while she lost some weight, the vet said it was a mark of how well she was cared for that she kept as much on as she did. Incidentally, her ashes still weigh more than some of the cats we've had, over the years.

Pyewacket (The seal point) and O'Malley (The flame point) came from the same breeder and were actually cousins, I believe, though they only met after we got the second of them. They were inseparable until their deaths, which happened pretty close together.

O'Malley acted more like a dog than a cat... an air-headed dog. He didn't purr, so much as trill like a pigeon... loudly. And, he barely had any front feet at all; it was like his toes were attached directly to his legs.

Appropriately enough, the flame point liked to sit mere inches from the fireplace and stare, unblinking, straight into the flames, even when we couldn't stand to look at it from three feet away (lest our faces burn off).

The seal point would scream his head off when we fixed Kraft macaroni & cheese... why he suddenly decided one day that he'd die if he didn't get some, when he'd never eaten it before, is anyone's guess. He had no claws, and had scarcely spent a minute outside in his life, but he got loose once and caught a bird within minutes. The second time he got loose, it was a mouse.

Kidra: A tubby kitty who showed up right before the previously mentioned cats died, because they were all around the same age, and pretty old for cats. She's still around and begging for cheese when I make pizza (how that got started is also a mystery).

Other than the two Himalayans, very nearly every other animal we've ever had has been a stray.

...The animals responsible for destroying that chair being fine examples of our collection of vagrants.

O'Malley and Pyewacket (in the BG) I'm sure you recognize. The sort-of, kind-of Britney/Cocker mix is Megan. She and Sadie (the big, reddish, whatever the hell she is) arrived around the same time: Sadie with a knot on her head and blood matting her fur, and Megan being mysteriously well-trained. On command, she would roll over, sit up, balance a bone on her nose, and so on. She also loved water and swimming... and had a rather bad case of epilepsy, for which she has been taking barbiturates ever since.

Megan was already five or so when she arrived, and she's looking pretty ancient now, with her coat almost completely white. She can't climb onto the top of the chair... or the cushion... or even walk without falling over half the time: Her back legs are shot and she suffers bouts of vertigo.

Sadie is a somewhat large dog... and, if she wants in, she will let you know it by letting out a single, insistent, 'woof', then smacking the window with her paw... hard. Incidentally, this is the same way she lets me know that she knows I'm eating in my bedroom. She sits, she shakes, she dances better than I do, and is perpetually fucking nervous.

Roscoe (the little, black, bonehead in front) showed up years later, at the beginning of November, 2005, and is still a bonehead who barks at every goddamned thing that either makes a noise, or looks like it might someday do so.

Suki, another all-black shorthair, showed up in the first days of August, 2006, as a kitten with a big head on a tiny body. She was apparently very serious about finding a home, because she would balance on the tiny ledge of the bay window and scream at us (that right front paw of hers is just hanging in mid air - it's not a wide ledge).

She and Roscoe quickly became best friends and would roughhouse constantly.

She died in the first days of this August, of acute pancreatitis, a condition that is quite difficult to diagnose in cats, because they tend not to show symptoms as readily as dogs. She was the youngest of our current pets.

She will be especially missed this Halloween.

If you think any of those names were odd: In the late eighties/early nineties, we took in my sister's two cats, Turbo and Elvira, for a while. They were apparently named by the shelter from which they came, with Turbo being a huge, gray, male, Maine Coon, and Elvira being a female tortoiseshell.

"Let me tell you a little something about love, Dennis. It has a voracious appetite. It eats everything- Friendship. Family. It kills me how much it eats. But I'll tell you something else. You feed it right, and it can be a beautiful thing, and that's what we have." - Arnie Cunningham, Christine

STEAM
Warlocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #34
Antivash
Until we meet again...
...Stay gold. Bang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin Saiori View Post
I gotta hand it to you, Vash. You have a gift for catching things people don't know they set themselves up for.
What can I say. It just comes naturally.

...Or maybe its the fact that, contrary to what people here on DLP might think, I am actually the sanest member of my family. Which is ....sad.... considering how sane I am not. D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakers View Post
Attention Whore Vash. That was a lame joke (and I hope it was a joke).

Also, I am aware of the difference, dude. Don't hate just because no one likes.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #35
LochNess
Second Year

Also this guy here feels like he's mine with how much I ride him (I know I'm setting myself up there) but unfortunately I don't own him. Gonna be buying some horses/ ponies for the stable I am managing shortly so thinking I'll buy one for myself too.

Last edited by Antivash; 09-16-2012 at 03:02 PM.
LochNess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #36
Palindrome

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via Skype™ to Palindrome
Violet the Meowmachine. One of the best pictures I've ever taken.

Last edited by Palindrome; 09-16-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Palindrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #37
LochNess
Second Year

Oops thanks for fixing it, not sure how to make things smaller.
LochNess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #38
Antivash
Until we meet again...
...Stay gold. Bang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LochNess View Post
Oops thanks for fixing it, not sure how to make things smaller.
its actually fairly simple with imgur. You can do it with literally no additional clicks. Observe:

[URL=http://imgur.com/yxTtz][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/yxTtzl.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

The first link, which redirects to full size, has your image "number", yxTtz. The second, inside the image tag, has an additional 'l' (lowercase L). Toss that into any imgur link, and bam. Large Thumbnail.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #39
Warlocke
God of Magic

[URL=http://imgur.com/yxTtz][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/yxTtzl.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Also, if you add a .jpg or .gif to that first part of the link (http://imgur.com/yxTtz.jpg), it will go directly to the large/original version of your pic, rather than the web page for it.

"Let me tell you a little something about love, Dennis. It has a voracious appetite. It eats everything- Friendship. Family. It kills me how much it eats. But I'll tell you something else. You feed it right, and it can be a beautiful thing, and that's what we have." - Arnie Cunningham, Christine

STEAM
Warlocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #40
Xantam
Dark Lord

Shitty quality, but Molly chillin' on my bed, nonetheless.

Steam Profile
Xantam is offline   Reply With Quote