Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > FanFiction Extras > Other Fandoms > Story Search
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 06-09-2017, 08:07 PM   #2441
Hush
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cxjenious View Post
...It was a year ago, bro.
Hahaha, that's why I quoted myself. I just noticed you'd given me a thumbs up. Thought it was funny
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:13 PM   #2442
Donimo
Fourth Year

A year hiatus is a worrying. I'll give it a shot if it's still updating a couple months from now.
Donimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:40 PM   #2443
Hush
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
A year hiatus is a worrying. I'll give it a shot if it's still updating a couple months from now.
I think the author said that they were reworking the plot because his ideas were already covered by GRRM. I'm assuming the sixth season confirmed a few things he was planning. He also said he was working on some of his own original stuff. So I'm hoping he's come back with some better writing skills and a better plot outline.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:42 AM   #2444
Rhys
High Inquisitor

I like what he's done with Robert in the story. He tends to be remembered as a blundering old philanderous oaf who gets killed by some drugged wine and an angry boar, but there's a real dark side to his character in this, something we catch glimpses of in canon that are easy to forget with distance.

Despite the calm start, I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a real shake-up away from the stations of canon if this fic continues.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:19 PM   #2445
pbluekan
Seventh Year

DLP Supporter Donor Star
So far, since his return to it, I'm enjoying the writing. I've got to say, though, that Bran's death was a little out of left field, and doesn't make much sense as a "butterfly" or anything of the like.

Otherwise, I've been enjoying the direction he's taken Jon. It's original and it seems to stay fairly true to character. He's, young, naďve, disenfranchised, and entirely out of his depth with the situation he's found himself in.

Bobby B is also surprisingly likable in a pitying sort of way. The author has managed to make more of his character that just the drunkard that is found in the rest of the fandom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareOtters View Post
“I have to lick my balls that night,” said Sirius nervously.

Last edited by pbluekan; 06-18-2017 at 09:57 PM.
pbluekan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:28 PM   #2446
Xantam
Minister for Magic

For what it's worth, I've been enjoying Rhaegar the Great, the SI about a literature major ripping off Shakespeare in Westeros. Its sequel is now up: Rhaegar the Terrible.
Xantam is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old 06-14-2017, 11:05 PM   #2447
Odran
Heir

I was expecting something that would go wrong, I just wasn't expecting

Aerys to nonchalantly have Jenny killed and announce it to the SI as if he was doing him a favor.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:00 AM   #2448
Ceins
First Year

Oh wow, really ought to give it a second look then if that's the case. Because she was actually the reason I dropped it before, cause it seemed like a sign that the author had concluded with the initial idea/premise and it was now time for faffing about.
Ceins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:36 AM   #2449
Odran
Heir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceins View Post
Oh wow, really ought to give it a second look then if that's the case. Because she was actually the reason I dropped it before, cause it seemed like a sign that the author had concluded with the initial idea/premise and it was now time for faffing about.
Well, the sequel couldn't have really happened if things stayed the same. Mind you, I had some issues with Jenny too,

namely that poorly thought out assassination attempt on Tywin and how it was seemingly just pushed aside after a chapter or two, which is quite unlike Tywin.
Old Yesterday, 01:29 PM   #2450
Lindsey
Order Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Lindsey
A Canvas of Crows updated again:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1179734...nvas-of-Crowns

It is quite interesting. I am not sure I like the direction Jon will be going, but who knows, it might be better than I expect.

I love the characteristics so far though. Cersei is still incredibly beautiful and seductive (like she is supposed to be) and Robert is quite well developed as well. In the last Robert scene, it looked like Robert might have realized who Jon really is.

I wonder if Robert will bring it up to Ned in the next chapter. Can't imagine Ned would be very pleased at what Robert has done. It is also looking like Ned will be dying like canon too, especially if he doesn't back down because his daughters are out of Lannister control.
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 3 thumbs up

Tags
a song of ice and fire