Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > FanFiction Extras > FanFic Discussion > Story Search
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 02-16-2017, 01:56 PM   #841
Vulcan
Groundskeeper

Sirius-centric story oblivously inspired by Count de Monte Cristo - Sirius escapes Azkaban and plots the revenge against the former friends under the false name.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:41 PM   #842
Rubicon
Professor

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallDarkStranger View Post
Back in 2001/2002, before the release of OotP, a fanfiction writer named HarryWriter wrote his own version of Order of the Phoenix (book 5) where the "Order" was granted to one of his ancestors who saved the life of an ancient phoenix and hence had the ability to bring exactly one person back to life.

He also released his own Book 6 - called the Ring of the Ancients, where the great reveal at the end is that Dumbledore is the one behind all of the evil (including Voldemort) and there's a visit to an Egyptian Pyramid where Ron discovers his long lost sister Jamie.

All of this is to help you guys recognize the story. My request is for anyone who has the 7th book to share it somewhere or link a source. The books are shit in terms of grammar/consistency/logic but I loved some of the ideas, and I really want to see how it all ended. Can anyone help me out?
I spent some time looking into this for you. Are you sure there ever was a book 7? Looks like the author's website was taken offline after book 6 - is it possible he stopped there?

Here's Order of the Phoenix (huge text file - may take a while to load):

https://archive.org/stream/FakeOrder...eonix_djvu.txt

And here's Ring of the Ancients (PDF link):

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/matr...20Ancients.pdf
Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #843
Tellie571
First Year

My thanks, that was the one I was looking for.

I do not suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it.

Anyone within fireball range from my tower is in for a nasty surprise. -Telina Delvanni.
Tellie571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:52 PM   #844
TallDarkStranger
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
I spent some time looking into this for you. Are you sure there ever was a book 7? Looks like the author's website was taken offline after book 6 - is it possible he stopped there?

Here's Order of the Phoenix (huge text file - may take a while to load):

https://archive.org/stream/FakeOrder...eonix_djvu.txt

And here's Ring of the Ancients (PDF link):

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/matr...20Ancients.pdf
Thank you for taking the effort, man - I appreciate it. I was never sure if there WAS a 7th book. I've had 5 and 6 since 2001/2002 ish. It's a shame that didn't come out, the 6th book ended on a cliffhanger after a ton of revelations.
TallDarkStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:42 PM   #845
Vulcan
Groundskeeper

Harry Potter is Quidditch player. He has flashbacks of his life during the match.
He was married to Ginny (a Quidditch player too) but their marriage has fallen apart. It causes problems because she is on the same team.
Luna Lovegood tried to commit suicide after her father's funeral and selling Quibbler. Harry didn't learn about it until much later.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:18 PM   #846
Thaumologist
Minister for Magic

Could be The Quidditch World Cup, by TheEndless7
Old 02-22-2017, 11:01 AM   #847
Vulcan
Groundskeeper

Thanks, that's the story U was looking for.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:20 PM   #848
Quiddity
Auror

Hey, I saw this post in on the library, and it reminded me of another fic. This one was something of a meta commentary on the fandom, with Harry being reborn every time he died, living of lives absent of completion. I'm pretty sure he normally died off really quickly, not 100%. Also think it was on AOOO.

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2017, 07:45 PM   #849
BTT
Unspeakable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiddity View Post
Hey, I saw this post in on the library, and it reminded me of another fic. This one was something of a meta commentary on the fandom, with Harry being reborn every time he died, living of lives absent of completion. I'm pretty sure he normally died off really quickly, not 100%. Also think it was on AOOO.

Thanks!
Sisyphus by esama?
BTT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:45 PM   #850
Quiddity
Auror

That's it. Thanks!
Old 03-31-2017, 04:26 PM   #851
Vulcan
Groundskeeper

Snape is thinking about Dumbledore's choice of teachers, and how it limited the number of capable wizards in Britain. He imagined the horrible future with new Dark Lord, only as powerful as Walden Macnair, fighting against the Chosen One with the power of Colin Crevvey.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 04-03-2017, 10:15 AM   #852
Methos
Third Year

Any recommendations of Wizards vs Muggles ?
Methos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:31 PM   #853
KingRoger
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos View Post
Any recommendations of Wizards vs Muggles ?
Read the damn sticky. Make your own thread if you're looking for anything with a specific topic. This thread is if you're looking for a very specific, singular fic.
KingRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:27 AM   #854
Loadstone
Muggle

There was a story originally posted on Portkey. I believe it was called "The Duelist", though I don't remember the author. It was Harry/Hermione, multi-chapter, probably NC-17 rating. I'm not sure, but it was probably completed in 2013-2014 timeframe at 20-some odd chapters.

Top-ranked duelists from the dueling circuit are brought in to Hogwarts to secretly train Harry in dueling, and Harry/Hermione do some magic-sharing exercises with *ahem* messy results. Finale involves Harry doing a multi-cast of portal type balls intercepting mutliple AK's about to strike his captured friends, redirecting them to hit Voldemort.

Any ideas who this was by, or if he reposted elsewhere? I remembered the story earlier tonight but an hour of browsing Portkey via wayback machine didn't turn up anything.
Loadstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:55 AM   #855
KGB
Unspeakable

Can anyone recommend me some "magical creation" stories. Stuff along the lines of esama's Space Heaven, DSS Requirement and Harry Potter's Island Home?

I have a craving for a HP fic that isn't just a rehash of Hogwarts years, or just loosely connected fight scenes.
KGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:15 PM   #856
TRH
Slug Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Snape is thinking about Dumbledore's choice of teachers, and how it limited the number of capable wizards in Britain. He imagined the horrible future with new Dark Lord, only as powerful as Walden Macnair, fighting against the Chosen One with the power of Colin Crevvey.
To Fight the Coming Darkness by Jbern.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:19 PM   #857
Vulcan
Groundskeeper

That's it. Thanks.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:10 PM   #858
Atram Noctem
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
And a potions master with the skills of Neville Longbottom?
Old 05-06-2017, 02:05 PM   #859
Methos
Third Year

Looking for specific story One shot
post 7th year, the ministry is run by the Death Eaters ( I think voldedmort is dead)
Minister is Lucius Malfoy.

The Ministry attempts to close the Quibbler.
Witch draw the ire of Harry Potter, who is quite powerful Wizard who teach the Minister the error of their ways.
IF they stop bothering Luna he will let them continue living in fear.
Methos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 02:24 PM   #860
Shinysavage
Order Member
Madman With A Box

High Score: 2,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos View Post
Looking for specific story One shot
post 7th year, the ministry is run by the Death Eaters ( I think voldedmort is dead)
Minister is Lucius Malfoy.

The Ministry attempts to close the Quibbler.
Witch draw the ire of Harry Potter, who is quite powerful Wizard who teach the Minister the error of their ways.
IF they stop bothering Luna he will let them continue living in fear.
A Favour for a Friend, by Nonjon.

Tags
story search