Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Common Room > General Discussion
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2017, 06:14 AM   #26
zekses
Muggle

Custom user tags.
Exclusion of user tags from further search results
More fandoms, per-user fandoms
Search within all user fandoms (that doesnt timeout)
More sort algorithms for example one from this article: https://animemonographia.wordpress.c...anfiction-net/
Better readability of search results.

Also, it's kinda strange to be called moaning when I already posted my ideas and implementation above for cross reference. Heck, I recommend scryer to ppl as a first choice and my app only for those who don't think it's enough.

P.S. When I say that saved searches are almost useless I mean that it's good to have them, but they rate among the lowest possible time savers for me. By itself, it doesnt filter out anything you've already seen and only saves you maybe 15 seconds settings up the search, on which you later waste minutes re-reading through stuff. I am not saying it's completely useless. Just that it's not something big, whereas tags, when you enable them, will be that much better.

---------- Post automerged at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

Speaking of readability: scryer is better than ffn in that sections in the summary dont jump wildly, but I still think that its extremely hard to quickly look at anything you want as everything is too small and almost unnoticeably different in color.
Just a small comparison:

The statistical information that is barely noticeable at the bottom of fic info with scryer matters more than you'd think. It should not be so small.

P.S. If you havent read The Mating Frenzy you should, it's hilarious.

Last edited by zekses; 03-10-2017 at 08:41 AM.
zekses is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up