Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Common Room > Gaming and PC Discussion > Pokémon
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

View Poll Results: What brand is your underwear?
Instinct 58 27.75%
Mystic 91 43.54%
Valor 60 28.71%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2017, 01:11 AM   #921
Erotic Adventures of S
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palindrome View Post
Serious question: why didn't they go for the standard pokemon battle system in the first place?

Sure, the way capturing works would probably have to be tweaked a bit to fit, but it's a system that was already there and well-defined and belonged to them. What made the way they did it instead more appealing from a design point of view?
It would be considerably less interactive.

There is a science behind it, you need interactions and achivements at regular intervals. The current system has more pokemon and faster.

Not to say i think it is better, but it is faster than the other system.

---------- Post automerged 19-07-2017 at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was 18-07-2017 at 11:15 PM ----------

On a unrelated mater, I just need unown from gen 2, and two regionals from gen 1. So pretty much done since unown is almost impossible to get.

I also have santa, party hat and ash hat pikachu and evolutions. So pretty happy with completion. Also pretty good on badges, just need ice, fighting and dragon. Medals i need lots though.

Nothing. It will never come. Death before defeat. You can kill me, destroy my soul, destroy my magic, but you cannot defeat me. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. And you may destroy my magic, but not before I destroy everything of this world that I can…including your magic and soul. There is no defeat.
Erotic Adventures of S is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 07-19-2017, 03:02 AM   #922
Oruma
Unspeakable

I was lucky to find an Unown on my way to work - apparently they show up only once a day so it is pretty freaking ridiculous.

But, wow, you actually got most of the regionals?
Old 07-19-2017, 03:10 AM   #923
Erotic Adventures of S
The Chosen One

Old job allowed me to travel a lot, i was in North America for two weeks in Jan/Feb but never saw a single Tauros which pissed me off.

Nothing. It will never come. Death before defeat. You can kill me, destroy my soul, destroy my magic, but you cannot defeat me. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. And you may destroy my magic, but not before I destroy everything of this world that I can…including your magic and soul. There is no defeat.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:22 AM   #924
Mage
Chief Warlock

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via Skype™ to Mage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erotic Adventures of S View Post
Old job allowed me to travel a lot, i was in North America for two weeks in Jan/Feb but never saw a single Tauros which pissed me off.
I used to see them a ton, but now that you mention it I haven't seen one in a while. I actually think that's something that should be fixed. If you're travelling to a foreign region then the native region specific pokemon should have a higher spawn rate.

-Red vs Blue Season 10

Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:53 AM   #925
Thaumologist
Minister for Magic

Some big thing happening this weekend to unlock Legendaries.

Infographic. But basically, catch everything.

Secondly, Safari Zone is coming to Europe. But only mainland Europe. And also only at Unibail-Rodamco locations.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:26 PM   #926
Meerkats
High Inquisitor

We're people here in the UK too
Old 07-21-2017, 10:43 PM   #927
Oruma
Unspeakable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mage View Post
I used to see them a ton, but now that you mention it I haven't seen one in a while. I actually think that's something that should be fixed. If you're travelling to a foreign region then the native region specific pokemon should have a higher spawn rate.
Agreed.

Then again, I really don't need another Tauros, since I caught me a perfect 100% Tauros...
Old 07-22-2017, 06:04 PM   #928
stormfury
Unspeakable

So the event went terribly (in Chicago), becuase Niantic was not prepared at all for people actually showing up.

Results of the event though is that all 6 bonuses will last 48 hours (starting who knows when), Lugia will be the first Legendary to appear in raids during that same 48 hour time frame. Second legendary to show up will be Articuno, because Team Mystic did the most catching during the event.
stormfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:53 PM   #929
Teyrn
Groundskeeper

FWIW there's been at lest 3 legendary raids in my city already. (1 Lugia, 2 Articuno)

Considering I live in a small city, should hopefully be a good omen of them being fairly easy to encounter for a day or two at least.

Steam Profile:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/YKfox
Teyrn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:38 PM   #930
Meerkats
High Inquisitor

Caught Lugia on my first raid with my first throw. I have peaked.
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old 07-23-2017, 02:42 PM   #931
Oruma
Unspeakable

0/4 on Articuno and Lugia yesterday ;_;
Old 07-23-2017, 04:11 PM   #932
Erotic Adventures of S
The Chosen One

Can't get people to raid with....

Old 07-23-2017, 04:54 PM   #933
Legend3381
Seventh Year

Neither can i.. I wasted so many raid passes that way
Legend3381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:11 PM   #934
Erotic Adventures of S
The Chosen One

I wish it had a count down to a raid start, not just a two hour windiw where people come and go.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:36 PM   #935
Teyrn
Groundskeeper

Best advice would be to try to find a facebook group for your area and try to coordinate with other players that way, or in a similar manner.

Steam Profile:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/YKfox
Teyrn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:14 PM   #936
stormfury
Unspeakable

Did 8 raids to get 1 of both legendary available. Facebook messenger groups for my city are how they were all coordinated.

Also good lord, do not neglect all the bonuses to chase the legendaries! Every Pidgey you catch with a pinap (200xp+ for just the catch) can then be evolved with just the 12 candies you get from that catch, which, with a lucky egg in mass evolving, means you're getting at least 2200 xp per pidgey caught.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:31 AM   #937
CheddarTrek
Set Phasers to Melt

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Randomly pulled into the wrong parking lot but got anyway to look around since it had a shopping mall. Goes to get a coffee. Turns on Pokemon Go for the walk. Holy shit there's Articuno at the coffee shop! Caught him the first try, holy shit.

So, legendaries are in game now I take it?
Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe than time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important how we lived. After all, Number One, we're only mortal.
~Jean-Luc Picard

CheddarTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:01 AM   #938
stormfury
Unspeakable

Yeah.

There's also massive bonuses going on, that just got extended until the 27th (at 5 pm PDT).

Double Candy (from all sources, though for catching its essentially just +3. Get 2 back when you evolve or transfer now though instead of 1)
Double XP (stacks with lucky egg)
Double dust (all sources)
1/3 distance required for Egg hatching (ie 2k eggs take 0.7)
1/3 distance required for buddy candies
More random pokemon spawn around you

Also Articuno and Lugia Raids.
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM   #939
sildet
Second Year

Also, Moltres starts in a few days, then Zapdos a week after that. So if you don't have Articuno yet make sure to do some raids soon.
sildet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pokemon, pokemon go