Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Dark Arts
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 05-27-2017, 10:38 AM   #61
Pandelion
Squib

This is one of my favorite stories in the fandom of Harry Potter. I had a tough time getting through the start, I don't really have much patience for exposition and the first 10 chapters are mostly just Harry and Tom talking withouth anything actually happening, but when they get to Hogwarts i feel like the story really starts to pick up.

I very much like the presentation of this Harry as a brilliant but heavily damage child who has a pure heart and the best intentions but is corrupted and led astray by the voice in his head. The constant struggle that Harry faces between his desire to please Tom and his desire to do the right thing is just exquisite and I also like how this is a better representation of how an abused child would actually behave than in canon.

P.D: i love the psycopath Daphne, I just find it hilarious.
Pandelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 01:00 AM   #62
iamnotreal
First Year

I ended up re-reading the last few chapters and keep coming back to this particular paragraph. I find it to be honestly magnificently Dumbledorian and I wish more people were capable of capturing such essence in their writings as well.

"Power is a blessing...but it is also a curse; for the powerful it is so very easy to become hubristic and foolhardy. It lies buried deep within all of us – the desire to rise above the troubles of the world; to overcome, and conquer. This desire, while a profound driving force that fuels progress and strength of character, is a poison to those with power; it lures them into the dark places in their own minds, and drains away their humanity and benevolence." He paused. "A student of mine once said, there is no good or evil – there is only power, and those too weak to seek it. These are the words of a man who is trapped within himself; a man who sacrificed his own future and the futures of others for a dream which in the end, turned out to be empty. These are the words of a man who has lost his humanity, and become nothing more than a villain – a man who has lost everything, and will never amount to anything."
iamnotreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 06-11-2017, 06:48 PM   #63
Dicra
Seventh Year

His newest idea is definitely the dumbest way to post a chapter I've ever seen. However, what's there of it as of now is highly intriguing. I actually think that this is the best HP story I've ever read when it comes to psychical development.
However, with what one can grasp from the author's notes, he definitely needs some help in the mind department. That shows in the story, I guess, but at the moment I feel like it's helping it rather than damaging it, because I don't think a person fully perceiving themselves as sane could portray insanity that nuanced.

Nothing to write home about, but if you aren't bothered by it being German and the first two chapters being quite unrealistic, it might be something for you.
Dicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:20 PM   #64
Vira
Order Member

I've been following this story for a long time and I have to say this is the first time I've felt so confused. This chapter doesn't follow the previous one. It's incomplete, but it's almost like the scenes that are missing are the first scenes.
Vira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:35 AM   #65
why?
Squib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicra View Post
His newest idea is definitely the dumbest way to post a chapter I've ever seen. However, what's there of it as of now is highly intriguing. I actually think that this is the best HP story I've ever read when it comes to psychical development.
However, with what one can grasp from the author's notes, he definitely needs some help in the mind department. That shows in the story, I guess, but at the moment I feel like it's helping it rather than damaging it, because I don't think a person fully perceiving themselves as sane could portray insanity that nuanced.
What were the multiple projections of Harry about? It sort of makes sense, but it was such a confusing mess, but perhaps that was the point. It made me think of Schroedinger's cat.

The latest chapter (Christmas) was better though, and I am curious to see how his interactions with the other horcruxes (and Nagini too - is it just me, or was that weird?) will pan out. It appears that Harry considers them an extension of himself. Where does Harry end and where does Tom begin? How messed up will he be when everything comes crashing down, and Tom finally acts out his plans?

I certainly hope Harry emancipates himself in the long run, but it doesn't look to be anytime soon.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:12 PM   #66
syed
Supermod

What instead of a choice between scar tom and wraith tom, Harry works to make Nagini the dominant soul piece? So tom would be born from a place of life instead of death. The rebirth ritual did involve Nagini venom. Nagini would lay an egg, and they could hatch under a chicken and a frog, similar to a basilisk.
Harry could gather the bones of the gaunts and the riddles to stabilize him. Blood willingly given by a unicorn, ash from Fawkes as he gave feathers for their wands. Blood from a friend, which is Harry. The only tricky substitution would be flesh of servant.

Harry just got his mother soul and emotion magic notes. The magics that lily used to bring down tom. It would be cool if Harry used it to enhance and augement the patronus. Dementors feed on souls,so I wonder if they would be unstable, similar to how tom accidently make a horcrux. So could he make dementors unstable enough be reactive. Making magics to go after dementor would really bolster his reputation. It is possible to heal a soul using regret/redemption.
syed is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 07-19-2017, 06:44 AM   #67
why?
Squib

The last chapter made me think of what Harry saw in The Mirror of Erised.

Smiling as he drowns with a bleeding finger.

Curiously, Tom didn't react right after. Could it have been a twisted form of both their hearts' desire?

That is, Harry smiling as Tom leaves, with the blood of the "enemy"? Or a foreshadowing of the master soul using Harry's blood?

Or did I miss something, and that plot point has already been resolved?

Also happy to see that he skipped through a lot of the boring bits of year 4. Although,did he and Tom not already suspect Moody of working for the master soul, or did Harry get obliviated?
Old 07-19-2017, 08:31 PM   #68
syed
Supermod

Tom has made some unique magics, the taboo, flight and the dark mark. What if Harry to counter and under mind tom, he releases versions to the magical world? Imagine quidditch without brooms.

Harry is working on the magics involved his mother protections. Tom might have forcibly taken this blood, but it offers Harry a new approach. The blood acted as an anchor when Harry had the soul piece removed, so Harry could use this to aid him in restoring his tom.
syed is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 07-19-2017, 11:22 PM   #69
why?
Squib

If Tom is indeed out of his head, I hope we finally get to see Harry start healing. Separation anxiety is gonna be a right bitch though.

What was that about with Nott Sr? What did he do?

Tags
adventure, author: the imaginizer, dark arts, slytherin!harry