Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > FanFiction Extras > Other Fandoms > Story Search
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 03-23-2017, 09:57 AM   #2281
fire
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Raven View Post
I think it's worth reading, off of the premise alone. Now, I haven't read it in at least a year, but I do remember it getting better after he (Naruto) leaves the Academy and becomes a proper shinobi. By that same token, I also remember becoming incredibly confused about something or another.

Either way, it's not the worst fic to spend your time reading. Especially if you're looking for something new.
If you have the time, go read chapter three of Setting Sun. The scene where Naruto finds out about the academy library is totally bizarre. Its so contrived, with conversation so stilted, i wanted to think it was some sort of clever bluff with the academy teachers obliquely passing info on to Naruto - but it wasnt.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:23 PM   #2282
Jester
DA Member

It took me a second but I've read Setting Sun. It took me about 3 chapters, and a reading of the summary to remember. It's a decent time waster that improves as it goes on. It has some interesting ideas that are handled clumsily.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:54 PM   #2283
meev
Groundskeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Raven View Post
To Be Lost On The Road of Life by AthanatosOra

Summary: Obito became the Jūbi Jinchuuriki and consequently got smacked to oblivion and back, with words and Naruto's fists. He died protecting the hailed boy of prophecy and his bonds, a smile on his face as he went to join Rin and Minato in the afterlife. But things didn't go as expected, and it seems that life has more plans for him…

I'm always a bit iffy with anything related with time travel and, to be fair, I've only just started reading, but so far I've enjoyed what I've seen. The writing is solidly decent and Obito's voice is compelling enough that I think I'll enjoy the fic well enough.
I'm surprised by how much I actually enjoyed this. Does anybody know of any other decent Obito centric stories?
meev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM   #2284
Varios
Third Year

https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...edy-au.472801/

Sasuke Uchiha and the Power of Lies

A pretty cracky comedy fic from Sasuke's POV with AU Comedic elements.

I.E The Sharingan is just good at genjutsu, all the crazy shit is Konoha convincing it's enemies the Sharingan is amazing

Some choice quotes

Quote:
I said, “Kakashi isn’t like Kurenai-sensei. She teaches things. Kakashi is more subtle. He makes you figure everything out for yourself.”

“He drops little hints that sound insane at first,” Sakura said, “but they’re full of clues.”

“For example,” I said, “he once told me that the only way to beat a Nara is to not have a shadow, and I didn’t think that was possible. But when I was fighting Shikamaru, I realized that all I had to do was set myself on fire.”
Quote:
Stop encouraging Hinata,” I said. “At this rate, Neji is going to kill her.”

Naruto said, “Wah? But she’s his cousin.”

Suddenly, I understood what was going on.

“He’s going to kill her,” I said, “and then he’s going to kill the entire Hyuuga clan.”

Naruto was frozen by his usual confusion.

“Naruto, I’ve seen this before”—I grabbed him by the shoulders—“The doujutsu clan, the resentful genius, the dead cousin. There’s only one way this can go.”

“W-what do we do?”

Below us, Hinata collapsed. This time, she didn’t get up.

“Neji Hyuuga must die.”

Tags
almost recommended: naruto edition, discussion without recc, naruto, sakura's corpse as a recommendation