Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Other Fandoms > Original Fiction
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 05-25-2017, 12:37 PM   #921
One
First Year

I would buy it if it came with some illustrations of some of the characters, monsters, and locations. Some editing is also needed, but not much. It would have to be split into different books (of course).

I only mention the illustrations because there's not a lot of descriptions of how the characters look (I heard the author did this on purpose to let everyone imagine the characters how they thought they should look, inside their heads). However, later on he provides some descriptions. This became a problem for me, since I imagined Akoja as a fair skinned girl with long black hair, & it turns out she had short brown hair & glasses, and wore very conservative clothing.

Some illustrations of the world (made by the author) and the characters (made by fans) are already online. All it would take would be asking permission and giving a bit of the profit to them (I think they'd be thrilled).

Top List of things to be illustrated: (might have missed some)

Book 1:
Have to be there: Zorian, Zach, Lich, Red Robes
Would Prefer to be Included: Xvim, Kirielle, Taiven, Akoja, Kael & Kana, Briam & Salamander, Aranea
Optional: Benisek, Ibery, different teachers, Detective Haslush, Mother, Fortov, Nochka, Imaya

Book 2:
Have to be there: Silverlake, some maps, Raynie, Nochka & Rea, Alanic
Would Prefer to be Included: Mayor, Students that took part in Zorian’s training, Gurey (Shop Owner), Grey Hunter, Tinami, Lukav, Guardian
Optional: Aranea, Vani, Kiana, Golem, gun

Book 3:
Have to be there: Xvim, Damien, Hydra, more maps
Would Prefer to be included: Neolu, Orissa, some members of Damien’s team, monsters
Optional: Grey Hunter
One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:44 PM   #922
Chime
Dark Lord

After being a little aditionally late, it updated.
Time to read it!
Chime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:23 AM   #923
Ceins
First Year

Anyone remember what Zorian's plan for the future is that would get organizations gunning for him ?
Ceins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:05 PM   #924
Donimo
Fourth Year

I don't think he had one.
Donimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:48 PM   #925
oakes
Auror

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Zorian has approached levels too sinisters to actually be left alone if he uses his actual talents outside of the timeloop and be seen using them.
oakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:00 PM   #926
Celestin
Half-Blood Prince

If he expect something like that to happen, he should pick a new hobby in the loop. Gathering all possible information about groups and people that can target him in the future to use if against them if needed.

The invasion is getting easier and easier to deal with. If not for the Red Robe and his possible influence, they already have one way of dealing with it without even bringing it to attention of the government.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:09 PM   #927
deathcross
Squib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceins View Post
Anyone remember what Zorian's plan for the future is that would get organizations gunning for him ?
It's not that Zorian has any specific plan, but that he fully intends to continue his magical studies once he's out of the time loop. Studies in highly forbidden and illegal areas of magic requiring a great deal of rare and valuable resources that will most certainly be monitored by any interested parties. Areas of magic that are probably treated the with the same level severity we would grant to nuclear, biological, or chemical research considering the potential for harm they represent.

Now we know he's probably not making magical nukes, but any interested government, criminal, and everything in between organization wouldn't. If any of said organizations learn even fraction of his potential (which given his previously stated need for resources Zorian fears they will) they will either try to control or neutralize him, which is unlikely to end well for anyone involved.
deathcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:02 PM   #928
CheddarTrek
Set Phasers to Melt

DLP Supporter Donor Star
This chapter... surprised me when it ended. I felt like nothing other than the planned attack happened, and it didn't go horribly off course. It didn't go to plan but it did feel like there wasn't quite enough in this chapter to satisfy... but eh, not a big deal.

I thought it was weird how he mentioned the aranea defenses being setup even though they had disappeared, because I always had the impression that Red Robe was behind most of their aranea defense (having given them new information). But I guess the invasion planning had begun prior to the timeloop starting and if they had known the spiders to exist they'd have some basics with them regardless.
Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe than time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important how we lived. After all, Number One, we're only mortal.
~Jean-Luc Picard

CheddarTrek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:47 PM   #929
Donimo
Fourth Year

Its mentioned the aranea were fighting with these people for months already.
Donimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 06-05-2017, 10:24 PM   #930
Nazgus
Order Member

I think we're in for some character development with Taiven since she thinks she just saw him die. Apart from that, yeah I didn't feel that much really happened. Battles just seem less stressful and/or exciting when we know that even if they did die they'd just lose a handful of days on the tail end of the restart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace View Post
"Be my friend, motherfucker!" Naruto howled, slamming the rasengan into Gaara's face.
When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."

-Stephen King
Nazgus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:37 AM   #931
Celestin
Half-Blood Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgus View Post
I think we're in for some character development with Taiven since she thinks she just saw him die. Apart from that, yeah I didn't feel that much really happened. Battles just seem less stressful and/or exciting when we know that even if they did die they'd just lose a handful of days on the tail end of the restart.
I'm unsure if character development is the right words for it considering the loops. Character discovery?

As for the battles, I expect a little more excitement when they finally get around to capturing their own primordial.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:00 PM   #932
Nazgus
Order Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
I'm unsure if character development is the right words for it considering the loops. Character discovery?

As for the battles, I expect a little more excitement when they finally get around to capturing their own primordial.
I was thinking her reaction would cause development on Zorian's side, though you are right that on her side it would be more discovery than development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace View Post
"Be my friend, motherfucker!" Naruto howled, slamming the rasengan into Gaara's face.
When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."

-Stephen King
Nazgus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:46 AM   #933
HateThisPart
Muggle

Do Zach and Zorian have any plans to find out who put the original marker on Zach? If I remember correctly, the Guardian say the maker of the loop or an agent should have explained everything to Zach. I'm surprised they are not more curious about their motivations, considering the loop started a whole month before the release of the primordial and the invasion. This is assuming that I'm not confused and the Maker is some kind of god.
HateThisPart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:38 AM   #934
CheddarTrek
Set Phasers to Melt

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by HateThisPart View Post
Do Zach and Zorian have any plans to find out who put the original marker on Zach? If I remember correctly, the Guardian say the maker of the loop or an agent should have explained everything to Zach. I'm surprised they are not more curious about their motivations, considering the loop started a whole month before the release of the primordial and the invasion. This is assuming that I'm not confused and the Maker is some kind of god.
They aren't sure that Zach has the original marker if I recall correctly. Zorian is fairly sure, and evidence seems to back it up, but to answer your question...

You have a good point. I'd be curious as hell. Pretty sure they'd be all over finding out who put the original marker on Zach if they had the first hint of a clue about where to start.

Their best lead in that regard is probably Red Robe. He's also part of the time loop so he knows something about it, and since he left he knows thing that Zach either never knew or has forgotten he knew. And since Red Robe is gone they don't have other leads, and at the moment it's more of a curiosity than something time critical like finding the key and getting out (as far as we know anyway).
Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe than time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important how we lived. After all, Number One, we're only mortal.
~Jean-Luc Picard

Last edited by CheddarTrek; Today at 02:42 AM.
CheddarTrek is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
author: nobody102, author: nobody103, fictionpress, groundhog, groundhog day, original fiction, time travel, timetravel