Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Dark Arts
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 03-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #61
Chime
Dark Lord

T_T

I need a suitable image macro for this, but I don't have one so...

What's so fucked up about my morality? I'm saying that Harry didn't seem to be that fucked up. Maybe my perception's wrong, but the story was either too subtle for my pea-brain to handle, or the author wasn't using enough hints to suggest that Harry was more than a slightly crazy, love-struck admirer. How does that make my morality... fucked up? During his "stalking", at least the parts we saw, he didn't do anything morally wrong – just unsual. I think his actions (following Daphne around to find out her tastes) are permissible in today's society. Sure, stalking is wrong, but we don't know the extent of his actions to truly judge them completely.

If you're talking about my judgment on how he handled the Slytherin, let's see you get cornered by three people with weapons and a history of deliquency (and possibly physical violence) and deal with them in a nice manner and/or not cause them any pain whatsoever while not getting hurt yourself.

Did they disappear? I might have skipped over that, sometimes I read a little too fast and miss details. Killing them is extreme, don't think I condone intentional, meditated killing like that.

Finally, concluding that my "morals" are wholly out of line while only having snippets of my moral theory is a gross misstep. Are you telling me you're the perfect moral character? I'm sure you've said something on this forum that would make people pause from giving you some kind of authority.

Last edited by Chime; 03-04-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Chime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #62
Aekiel
Order Member
Angle of Mispeling

DLP Supporter Donor Star
High Score: 9,373
Dude, I don't know where you live but I've never been to a place where stalking a girl is considered an acceptable way to try and make her go out with you. To learn the things he did he must have devoted days of time to observing her, and that's just not acceptable.

Secondly, your explanation about Harry's treatment of the Slytherins fails somewhat since all they were doing was trying to intimidate him. For crying out loud, he was so far out of their league that you could compare it to Mike Tyson having a match against a ten year old. There is such a thing as proportionate response, and using the fucking CRUCIATUS CURSE is NOT fucking proportionate! He escalated the situation and tortured schoolchildren (bolded for emphasis) and you say he wasn't acting out of line? These aren't soldiers or Death Eaters, these are a few kids who made the mistake of trying to intimidate someone much stronger than them.
Because you can't, you won't and you don't stop ~ The Beastie Muppets
Steam Profile
Aekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #63
Innomine
Auror

DLP Supporter Donor Star
High Score: 4,500
Send a message via AIM to Innomine Send a message via MSN to Innomine
What Aekiel said.

And my main thing is, just because they don't remember what happened to them, doesn't mean that the cruciatus is acceptable.
Innomine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #64
ParseltonguePhoenix
Unspeakable

Of course it was acceptable. They're Slytherins.

If one person sees you doing something kinda weird, itís really embarrassing. But getting thrown in jail because you wore a cloak and then quoted Gandalf? Thatís awesome. Thatís a story Iíd tell for the rest of my life. --Patrick Rothfuss
ParseltonguePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:30 PM   #65
cold burn
Third Year

See I'm going to have to side with 'Chime??' on this one. I mean if nobody remembers that something happens and there are no injuries did it ever even happen? And as someone who has been jumped I can say that reciprocity is the only response that is natural. Was the stalking bit kinda off? sure but not that terribly different from asking people about a girl you want to go out with.

That said I enjoyed the story and it all felt like it went exactly as it it should, although I could have gone a bit more stuff between Daphne's death and the change to Parkinson. I'd rate this a 4/5

Last edited by cold burn; 03-05-2010 at 11:32 PM.
cold burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:43 AM   #66
SmileOfTheKill
Headmaster
Magical Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold burn View Post
See I'm going to have to side with 'Chime??' on this one. I mean if nobody remembers that something happens and there are no injuries did it ever even happen?
I heard that some people who get sexually abused really hard means they forget it. Therefore, hardcore sexual abuse is okay as long as the victim forgets it.
"All they do is expound their store of knowledge. They excite themselves with their ranting; their disapproval swells them with a feeling of importance and sick victory, they thrive on spoiling the pleasure and trashing the creativity of others."
The Minister shares her opinion of critics. ~ Kino's Journey
SmileOfTheKill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:09 AM   #67
Fiat
The Chosen One

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aekiel View Post
Dude, I don't know where you live but I've never been to a place where stalking a girl is considered an acceptable way to try and make her go out with you. To learn the things he did he must have devoted days of time to observing her, and that's just not acceptable.
This. If I followed a chick around without her knowing in an attempt to find out personal information about her, and she found out, I'd get pepper-sprayed, and possibly stabbed.
Fiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:46 AM   #68
turtle7
Backtraced

Drugs are always a touchy subject in real life but they make for good entertainment, taken or observed.
turtle7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:46 AM   #69
disturbed27
Professor

Way to be a douche and necro two threads within two minutes.
disturbed27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:42 AM   #70
Innomine
Auror

DLP Supporter Donor Star
High Score: 4,500
Send a message via AIM to Innomine Send a message via MSN to Innomine
Way to realize that he's been doing this for ages. The non-necro in library thing doesn't apply here because of his useless post however.

He's just waiting to get neutered.
Innomine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #71
Johnny Farrar
Professor

Reading this was quite strange for me. One hand the authors wrote it extremely well. The writing was very refined and definitely much improved when they started VINCET. However, the story itself, especially the ending was very much different than what I'd expected. The ending was rather depressing. I can very much say that this isn't the usual fan-fiction.

There were a few points that I especially enjoyed. The reverse prejudice that Harry was shown to posses was refreshing. In all together too many stories do the author make Harry hate the Slytheirn house, only for Harry to later realise that he was mistaken. I liked how NTR reversed that particular cliche.

The duel between Harry and the Slytherins was very nicely done as was the one between him and Daphne.

Harry's psyche and his stalking tendencies were nicely described and had a feeling of creepiness to it.

And finally the scene where Harry calls for Fawkes to heal Daphne and he doesn't respond right after Harry claims that the phoenix would come if he called for it, was wonderful. It was a rather unique idea and very nicely executed.

Overall, I'd rate this story as 5/5. It's awesome, despite the fact that it rather leaves the reader feeling disturbed, which I assume was the authors intention. I have rarely seen a story crafted so brilliantly.

Last edited by Johnny Farrar; 07-03-2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: typo
Johnny Farrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:51 AM   #72
Phantasm
Second Year

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Broken link, shame cause it was an excellent fic. Anyone have it archived?
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #73
Ayreon
Unspeakable

DLP Supporter Donor Star
I attached the story here.
Hope that's okay.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Intoxication - nos tres reges.zip (61.6 KB, 1786 views)

~~ Chuck Reid
Ayreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old 01-03-2017, 12:45 PM   #74
Cirion E. G. Coewund
Squib

I expected this story's Harry to know the countercurse for Sectumsempra, but the way the author chose to end the story works. It's weird and disturbing but it works.

I will agree that some of the young people sex referred to in the story was unnecessary and a bit offputting. That said, perhaps offputting was the point. This Harry is very offputting, this Daphne's background is rather offputting, and the implications for the setting are enormously offputting.

4/5
Cirion E. G. Coewund is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author:nos tres reges, deleted, harry/daphne