Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Dark Arts
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 10-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
Jearom
Sixth Year

Dark Marauder by BajaB - K+

Title: Dark Marauder
Author: BajaB
Rating: K+
Genre: Drama, One-Shot
DLP Category: Dark Arts
Pairing: None.
Words: 12,613
Published: October 10, 2008

Summary: James Potter is an arrogant, pureblood arsehole who enjoyed bullying people in front of a crowd and thought he could pressure women into going out with him.

Sirius Black comes from a family as dark as they come and was only sorted into Gryffindor to spite his parents. He even tried to murder a fellow classmate that he didn't like.

Remus Lupin is a werewolf - A man infected with a disease whose dark and violent nature made all those with the condition to be despised and feared throughout the wizarding world.

Peter Pettigrew is a born sycophant. He was willing to sell his soul to be close to the most powerful wizard around. He braved discovery and death to be a spy in an enemy camp, and murdered at the drop of his master's hat.

So what if the gang was actually as Dark as their nature would (at first glance) appear to be? How different would the HP universe then be?

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4586362/1/

An awesome one-shot. The Marauders go on a revenge-fueled killing spree following Voldemort's attack. Not Harry-centric. There are a few spelling mistakes, but other than that it is very well written.

4/5.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 25, 2012

Last edited by Dark Minion; 11-25-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Jearom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #2
Dethklok
Order Member

“You’re coming too. There’s a bright new world out there just waiting to be Marauded.”

I love that line. This whole story stinks of A Clockwork Orange, and for that, I could not be more grateful.

Katamari Damacy: The Horror...the horror

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
A boy finds that life will always be a disappointment. Contains Magic.
Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Fantasy - Chapters: 198 - Words: 1,084,170 - Review: 1,000,000+ - Updated: 8-21-07 - Published: 6-29-07 - Harry P. & Ginevra W. - Complete

Dethklok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:51 AM   #3
Blaise
Golden Patronus

I really liked this. I think another author could've really polished it up, but as it is, BajaB did a decent job. 4/5
Old 10-10-2008, 12:13 PM   #4
DarthBill
Dark Lord

BajaB usually does good work.

4/5

Badges: Electric Grass Normal
DarthBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:13 PM   #5
mathiasgranger
Slug Club Member

This story really touched upon some of the darkness and desperation that even the most ardent of the light side supporters should have felt after watching countless friends and camarades die.

There is no real point to fighting for an ideal, when no one will be around at the end of the war to enforce it.

The one issue I had with the fic was taking Dumbledore off of the playing board due to a magical discharge.

4/5
mathiasgranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #6
TwilightAmbition
First Year

Awesome fic. One of the few non Harry-Centrics that I enjoyed.
It needs a sequel with a super/psycho!Harry after the marauders are murdered!

5/5
TwilightAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:58 PM   #7
ParseltonguePhoenix
Unspeakable

This was pretty fucking excellent. Yeah, there were grammatical, formatting, and spelling errors, but it didn't really take anything away from the fic. 5/5 for a brilliant idea.

I'd really love to see a full length fic based on this idea, using the Marauders' revenge as a prologue or something, and then going into a Harry-centric story.

If one person sees you doing something kinda weird, it’s really embarrassing. But getting thrown in jail because you wore a cloak and then quoted Gandalf? That’s awesome. That’s a story I’d tell for the rest of my life. --Patrick Rothfuss
ParseltonguePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:10 PM   #8
Innomine
High Inquisitor

DLP Supporter Donor Star
High Score: 4,500
Send a message via AIM to Innomine Send a message via MSN to Innomine
Wow, I really really enjoyed that.

The author makes references to one "AFC" at the bottom, what does that refer too?

Same thing as shezza does with "Thanks to DLP" etc etc.

5/5 for the fic. One of the coolest marauder fics i've read.
Innomine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:45 PM   #9
Rin
Minister for Magic
Oberstgruppenführer

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellisande View Post
Wow, I really really enjoyed that.

The author makes references to one "AFC" at the bottom, what does that refer too?

Same thing as shezza does with "Thanks to DLP" etc etc.

5/5 for the fic. One of the coolest marauder fics i've read.
My best guess would be the "Alpha Fight Club".
If your fanfic is 500 words and has 25 chapters, you might be a fanfiction.net writer.
Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:06 PM   #10
maidros
Fourth Year

This was a cool fic. The bit about Snivellus was ironically retributive after what he ended up doing to Lily Potter, whatever his intent may have been.
maidros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #11
Banner
Dark Lady

Just. Perfect. In every way. Great characterization, excellent use of phrase and pacing, it's an incredibly intense experience. I love it.
5/5

Tehan : These men are known as Mythbusters.

Last edited by Banner; 10-10-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #12
Korisovra
Headmaster

Send a message via AIM to Korisovra Send a message via MSN to Korisovra Send a message via Yahoo to Korisovra
Quite different and very well thought-out and executed. A few errors here and there but nothing that seriously detracts from the story. 4.5/5

"I don't like poodles," muttered Batman, looking rather like a child being scolded.

Korisovra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:37 PM   #13
azrael
Professor

This fic was fucking excellent. Definitely needs a harry-centric sequel. The revenge on both Peter and Snape was full of win. 5/5

Sig by Lucifer.
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:45 PM   #14
Jenkins
Denarii Host
Forum Bike

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via MSN to Jenkins
Brilliant. Simple, utter brilliance. There was an occasional spelling or grammatical error but that can easily be overlooked. It portrays the Marauders in a way I've never seen before, and I love it. I think what this fic could have used though, was some background. I'm not a fan of flashbacks but maybe the occasional look into their lives at school or something. This story needs a prequel, rather than a sequel.

That said, I still think this is one of the best one shots I've seen for a while. I'd give it a 4.5 because it's certainly not perfect. Probably shoved it's way into my Top 15 fics ever though. If I kept a list...

TEKNOJUNKEE~~trauncefeend
Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:56 PM   #15
fuubar
Headmaster

BajaB's stuff is normally pretty interesting and this is definitely no exception. It's great to see that cruel streak that James and Sirius had out grown come back out with a vengeance, literally. Characterization and execution were both exceptional as far as I am concerned. 4.5/5

~Dresden Files~
fuubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:37 AM   #16
Jamven
Headmaster

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Here, I was about to post this story to be reviewed. Awesome story

4/5

http://steamcommunity.com/id/jamven_dlp

Quote:
"It's a children's book, you old bastard," he spoke as though Kingsley could still hear him. "Happy endings don't include affairs, divorces, and unplanned pregnancies."
Jamven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #17
Memory King
Order Member

DLP Supporter Donor Star
One of my favourite authors on his absolute best.

5/5

("Solstice, Potter, it's the winter solstice we're celebrating, did you think we cared for Santa Bloody Claus? You're such a Mudblood sometimes…")"

On the Way to Greatness
Memory King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:50 PM   #18
Peacemaker
Second Year

Never even heard of the author before, but damn - this is excellent. The whole idea of Lily's death pushing the Marauders over the edge is as believable as it is pure win. Execution is decent as well with the (few) mistakes not hindering the flow of the text in any way. 4.5/5

I disagree with Jenkins, though. While a prequel would be interesting, I don't see that offering nearly as many possibilities as a sequel of Harry growing up with three insane, internationally wanted criminals on the run and their forced-into-submission slave.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #19
Goddessa39
DA Member

Yes, it is 5/5 awesome! There hasn't been much good around but this was a great surprise. I am not one to usually read fics that aren't Harry-centric but there were so many great things said about it I had to and am glad I did.

I liked how they crossed the line "they had walked since birth" and I am with them, though they aren't exactly evil, just warped. Man, Dumbledore is really annoying in his holier-than-though 'tude. Someone knock him off it!

Wars teach us not to love our enemies, but to hate our allies.
-W.L. George

"In truth, there was only one Christian. And he died on the cross."
"At times, one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid."
"Poets are shameless with their experiences; they exploit them."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Goddessa39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:28 PM   #20
nonjon
Alumni

Delightful little fic with pretty good execution. Some brilliant ideas and great scenes. Pretty much what I've come to expect from BajaB.

As for a rating, it's better than what I'd normally call a 4/5 but there's something keeping me from saying this is a 5/5 fic. Not sure what it is. Maybe I'd like to see some of the angry indignation at the murders in the name of vigilante justice. Or maybe I just wanted a more action-packed battle rather than these sudden moments of gore. Something.

This is definitely excellent, full of great bits, but something's keeping from calling it truly great.

4.5/5

Tags
author:bajab, oneshot