Dark Lord Potter Forums Dark Lord Potter Forums  
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Dark Arts
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP PatronusCharm Banner

Old 12-24-2015, 05:25 PM   #441
Trig
Auror

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterixgaul3112 View Post
Did anyone else feel like control, Santi's BWL and Cadmean victory had something in common?
Even mentioning that Cadmean piece of mediocrity in the same sentence as the other two stories means no Christmas presents for you this year. You've brought this upon yourself.

Trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 12-31-2015, 07:39 AM   #442
enterGodMode
Squib

Wow, this story is something else, couldn't stop until i read it all, such a shame that it's abandoned. Definitely became my favourite Dark!Harry story.
enterGodMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:52 PM   #443
Plotless
Groundskeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterixgaul3112 View Post
Did anyone else feel like control, Santi's BWL and Cadmean victory had something in common?
It could just be that I liked all of them and associate them, but I think there was something to the interaction between characters where they're not one dimensional foils to the protagonist and their relationships feel like they're all truly developing and make sense based on their personalities (as opposed to traditional Harry,Ron,Hermione stories where they're friends because of unlikely coincidences and don't actually have anything in common - leading to cliched derivatives of canon dialogue being repeated again and again).
What you leave behind has this too I believe.

Surprisingly, I found the whole mindscape scene rather enjoyable - it felt like an accurate metaphor for the protagonists state of mind rather than cobbling together a bunch of weird analogies and references.

PS was this too general for a review of a particular story?
I'm pretty sure that Cadmean victory was partly inspired by Control, but the author lacked the cohesiveness of plot to match Control. It wasn't enough to keep my attention for more than a few chapters, so i may be wrong and there might have been an upswing in quality, but that's not something that often happens in fanfiction, so I'm doubtful.

The reason that Santi's BWL might remind you of Control and Cadmean victory is that the hook of HP & the BWL is that Harry is going to make the transition from prodigy to dark wizard, as the summary reads

Quote:
Harry Potter loves, and is loved by, his parents, his godfather, and his brother. He isn’t mistreated, abused, or neglected. So why is he a Dark Wizard?
Control is set after that transformation has already occured, and Cadmean victory is also showing that 'slippery slope' argument to using darker methods, though admittedly with not as much subtlety or buildup, but it still achieves its aim.

As long as you add something meaningful to the thread (i.e. not "PLS UPDATE") you can post on any story in the library if you have an opinion on it.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:21 PM   #444
Tiberiusnero
Muggle

This is the one story that I continue to re-read. I particularly admire how the author depicted Bellatrix and her take on Dark!Harry. It's a shame it's abandoned, a definite 5/5.
Tiberiusnero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author:anomynous58, harry/tonks, slytherin!harry