Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Dark Arts
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 09-29-2007, 08:33 PM   #41
mibuokami
Squib

I love this story, it was well written and the dialog flows

My primary problem is with the near omnipotence of the dark side, especially Daphne who came of as a good looking Palpatine with all the answers.

Still I can easily ignore it simply because the story is a joy to read, a lot can be forgiven or glossed over when one genuinely likes the plot.

Anyways, shades of Star War

4/5
mibuokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:04 PM   #42
Drake
Seventh Year

Send a message via AIM to Drake
I enjoyed reading this story. It was somewhat annoying how hard Harry tried to stick with what others told him was right, while he himself didn't truly believe those things. Though I am glad for a believable turning to the dark side.

I found the Atrum Effect to be an interesting addition to the story, and I'm looking forward to see what the author does with Harry/Daphne.

I give the story a 4/5. There's definitely potential for this to be a good fanfiction.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:38 AM   #43
Drake
Seventh Year

Send a message via AIM to Drake
I think the story is still going strong, especially with the capture of Ron and Hermione. Can't wait to see what Harry does to his ex-friends. I enjoyed the revelation of Terry Boot being a fellow death eater, and the death eater politics in general. Definitely looking forward to next chapter.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:31 AM   #44
[KS18]Raziel44
Card Captored and buttsecksed

a rather good fic. so i will give it 4/5
[KS18]Raziel44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:41 AM   #45
The Sinner
Fixed

Send a message via AIM to The Sinner
I had a bit of problem with the mechanics of dark magic, but I can always ignore that as the story is very well written and keeps me wanting for more, which is very important.

4.5/5
The Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:11 PM   #46
Saint Alia
First Year

I love dark Harry stories, and this one always leaves me waiting for another chapter. Except for Harry just changing one master for another without too much complaint, the sort of "death eaters aren't evil just misunderstood thing", and the dark magic explination that weirded me out it's great.
4/5

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.

-Winston Churchill
Saint Alia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:59 PM   #47
Potter_Skywalker

I have read the 8 chapters so far, and its ok.
I've definitly read better, but the 'shades of grey' is presented well, but thats the only thing going for it.
Way to philosophical so far, and its wimp!Harry at his finest.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:21 PM   #48
thisperson
Unspeakable

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via MSN to thisperson
Not sure if anyone noticed, but the story was updated on the 9th.

It's still good. The entire 'challenging' thing seemed barbaric in the Dark Lords ranks, but it was certainly interesting and a good idea.

Haven't seen it done before.
thisperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:58 AM   #49
Mr. Merriman
Seventh Year

Eh, it's an alright story. Just read through what's posted, and while it's certainly not the best Dark Harry fic I've read, it's at least better than most. A bit heavy on the Dark Magic Is Just Misunderstood angle, but that's sort of like bitching about an Indy fic with a shopping trip. It's basically just part of the genre nowadays.

The Death Eaters, though, don't really seem like . . well, Death Eaters. Draco664's Death Eater training was much more to my liking, but at least I got to read a reasonably well-written scene about Harry torturing Ron and Hermione.

3/5
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
looms but the horror of the shade.
And yet the menace of the years,
finds, and shall find me unafraid."

-from Invictus, by William Ernest Henley
Mr. Merriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #50
Ezryl
Squib

I've just finished reading chapter nine, and I'm impressed by some of the thought he put in the spells. The explanation on why walking through walls with asomata was very imaginative, "It’s impossible with a wand, because you have to bring your wand through as well, and the wand doesn’t cast the spell on itself. You have to leave it on the other side, and then the spell ends and you’re stuck in solid stone," which was why it only succeeded for people who cast it wandlessly.

On the other hand, some of his spells just seem to be alterations of JKR's, ie. proteus. It was just another version of protego, just with different letters and the fact that it was stronger.

Overall, the story is very well thought out, and the Atrum effect was something that I had never seen before in other stories. The only other flaw I would have to point out is that near the end, when Mulciber casts crucio on Harry, because of asomata, it goes through him instead of hitting him. Wouldn't this defy avada kedavra, since it is unblockable?
Ezryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:13 PM   #51
Seratin
Headmaster
Proudmander

DLP Supporter Donor Star
This fic has ben updated. It's pretty good.

The Indigo Road
A Pokemon quest
Seratin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:39 PM   #52
Korisovra
Headmaster

Send a message via AIM to Korisovra Send a message via MSN to Korisovra Send a message via Yahoo to Korisovra
's all right. Not great, but it is good. All my problems have been covered all ready, so I'm not gonna bother. 3.5/5

"I don't like poodles," muttered Batman, looking rather like a child being scolded.

Korisovra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:08 PM   #53
Freelancer
Fourth Year

Send a message via MSN to Freelancer
I think it's good, but I don't read a lot of Dark!Harry so maybe this will change in the future.

4.5/5
Freelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:51 PM   #54
Richard
Supreme Mugwump

I like the story so far. Pretty decent, and the Granger/Weasley torture is great. I'd give it a 4 star at the moment.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:15 PM   #55
Onlyhestands
Fourth Year

Chapter 11 is up. I thought it was pretty good myself, and I was glad to see it hadn't been abandoned.

Last edited by Onlyhestands; 06-11-2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: I can't spell worth shit.
Onlyhestands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:27 PM   #56
Richard
Supreme Mugwump

Chapter 11 turned out pretty darn decent. It looks like Harry's been found out thanks to Terry. (if not, then that's one nice cliffhanger right there). I still give it a 4/5.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:47 PM   #57
NightFox
Seventh Year

Enjoyed chapter eleven, but my only qualm is how poor Dumbledore is performing, a recurrent theme throughout the length of this fic. He consistently is outsmarted by Voldemort - another character who is dealt in absolutes, being a perfect bringer of Eutopia - and is utterly foolish in his dealings within his own Order. I'm glad to see that Harry's reliance on Daphne is slowly decreasing, but the Author seems to be getting bored with writing Hary, and is preferring continuing the story through other pathways such as scenes with Dumbledore and the Order (that are well implemented, regardless).

Base 4/5, readable and is consecutively darkening in its tone. Can't say I'm very excited about the blatant interrogation of Dumbledore on the students in his castle and the premier reasons for going to Voldemort's side, but it's better than most of the drabble on FanFiction.net.
“Before a moment had passed, she had blossomed and was laughing as if in some childhood escape, where everything else had blurred away and she was left running and dancing and twirling away on the seashore, the wind painting a side of her face with the wet cords of her own tangled hair.”
- Paroxysm

NightFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:24 AM   #58
FollowTheReaper
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardc269 View Post
Chapter 11 turned out pretty darn decent. It looks like Harry's been found out thanks to Terry. (if not, then that's one nice cliffhanger right there). I still give it a 4/5.
What he said!
Old 06-14-2008, 09:56 AM   #59
Freelancer
Fourth Year

Send a message via MSN to Freelancer
If Dumbledore already found out about Harry, then it would be quite strange for the scene in the prologue for he to ask the Dark Lord Apprentice about the Phoenix wand. Although, it could be that the author wants to create Dumbledore that is blinded with trust until the end or Terry somehow fight the Veritaserum and didn't give Harry up.

My rating of 4.5/5 stand and I thinkthis story can only get better.
Freelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:54 AM   #60
Muttering Condolences
Card Captored and buttsecksed

Terry probably used the same kind of evasion that Snape uses.

"The Dark Lord has Harry in his custody." True, and the mind fills in the rest.
Muttering Condolences is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author:flamata, dead link, harry/daphne