Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Library > Other Fandoms > Naruto
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 03-04-2017, 02:21 PM   #241
Nemrut
Order Member
The Black Mage

High Score: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarTrek View Post
Pretty sure WoG said that, yeah. Honestly I think it's one of my favorite things about the story. Not only because of the asexual angle but because damn, they're kids still. And canon ended with them at what, 16-18? Leave the romance out ftw.

I didn't read it as Sasuke having a crush. I read it as further evidence of his overly protective side. Shikako has noticed it before. I think it was implied to be a result of him losing everyone once already, and determined to keep what things he has left safe. Could be both though.
Yeah could be both. And not to mention they all might be kids right now, but Shikako really isn't. Pretty sure she is the kind of moral person who really wouldn't consider any relationship with someone "her age" like the rookies simply because she has like 20 years of life experience more than all of them.

Signature done by Palindrome

Nemrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 04:43 PM   #242
illya_
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemrut View Post
Didn't get we WoG that Shikako is asexual? Doesn't mean that nothing romantic will happen, of course, but dunno, always felt like Shikako has no interest in anything romantic as well. I guess we got glimpses that Sasuuke has some sort of attraction/crush on her, but I wouldn't count on anything happening.
Guess I am so used to pairings in fanfiction that I jumped to the wrong conclusions.

I am glad to be wrong

However I still think they treat each other way different than they treat everyone else. Unless I remember incorrect I think their dialog sometimes turn a tad awkward.
That could however probably be explained with a combination of
a) Team 7 being the thing closest to a family for Sasuke combined with Naruto being away.
b) The issue with the Uchiha coup and Sasuke potentially being killed of just for saying the wrong thing.

again, it could all be because of what I expected/dreaded...

Cheddar probably got it right:
Quote:
I didn't read it as Sasuke having a crush. I read it as further evidence of his overly protective side. Shikako has noticed it before. I think it was implied to be a result of him losing everyone once already, and determined to keep what things he has left safe. Could be both though.
illya_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:21 PM   #243
Garden
Minister for Magic

Lots of people have relationships at 16. They're 14-15 right now, IIRC, because theyr'e still in timeskip territory, but a relationship at 16 seems pretty normal to me.

I enjoy fics with little shipping, so y'all might be right, it's better not to introduce too much of it and mar a really good doc. On the other hand it's an interesting way to explore Sasuke's and Shikako's quirks and traumas.
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 03-04-2017, 05:55 PM   #244
cooladoola
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseTomato View Post
All else aside, I question the wisdom of assuming that the author would never read the reviews in a thread dedicated to their fic.
A bit of a great flight for something so trivial, wouldn't you say? If they are a member here (regular or otherwise), they will. If not, then it seems highly unlikely. Unless, this forum is a go-to place for reviews. If so, then it's certainly not in my knowledge.

You should always assume that not everyone will know about a forum's popularity. Or is that a prerequisite for registration as well?
cooladoola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:54 PM   #245
PlainBlack0
Squib

I can see some small hints that Sasuke is developing some attraction though I feel Shikako would never involve herself with a 14 year old. I don't think it'll ever come up though, it would stress their friendship going into the conflicts with Akatsuki and Danzo that are coming post timeskip (I'm assuming they're still coming, who really knows though.)

Though, actually, that could be interesting if Sasuke starts to drift further from Shikako before Naruto comes back. Would he try and strike at Itachi alone?
PlainBlack0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:45 PM   #246
CheddarTrek
Set Phasers to Melt

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooladoola View Post
A bit of a great flight for something so trivial, wouldn't you say? If they are a member here (regular or otherwise), they will. If not, then it seems highly unlikely. Unless, this forum is a go-to place for reviews. If so, then it's certainly not in my knowledge.

You should always assume that not everyone will know about a forum's popularity. Or is that a prerequisite for registration as well?
I think you'll find that if you ever write a 100k+ fic, thereby devoting a significant amount of time (years) and effort to writing something... you'll google it at some point. Probably with the word 'review' attached in some form.

Do that for this fic and DLP turns up fairly quickly, along with Reddit and some sites that the author has more control over. It hasn't got anything to do with knowing that DLP exists and coming here specifically to look and find your fic.

I think it more likely than not that they've run across this thread. That doesn't mean they check it often, but I'd be surprised if at some point they hadn't google'd their own fic. To make sure it wasn't being plagiarized if nothing else.
Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe than time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important how we lived. After all, Number One, we're only mortal.
~Jean-Luc Picard

CheddarTrek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:10 PM   #247
TheWiseTomato
Heir
Tactical Tomato

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooladoola View Post

What?

Touchiness aside, SilverQueen is aware of the thread.

Have Australian citizenship, will sham marriage for $$$.

"Come and fight you whoresons! I am Druss and this is Death!"

I'm on Steam.
TheWiseTomato is online now   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 3 thumbs up
Old 03-05-2017, 05:08 AM   #248
cooladoola
First Year

Quote:
I think you'll find that if you ever write a 100k+ fic, thereby devoting a significant amount of time (years) and effort to writing something... you'll google it at some point. Probably with the word 'review' attached in some form.

Do that for this fic and DLP turns up fairly quickly, along with Reddit and some sites that the author has more control over. It hasn't got anything to do with knowing that DLP exists and coming here specifically to look and find your fic.

I think it more likely than not that they've run across this thread. That doesn't mean they check it often, but I'd be surprised if at some point they hadn't google'd their own fic. To make sure it wasn't being plagiarized if nothing else.
'At some point' is not the same searching for it frequently, which is precisely what I stated that, 'it is unlikely that she would ever read it.' Not when so many, more popular, venues are available for checking.

However, I never claimed that it was an impossible prospect. Anyhow, this is a completely pointless debate. Whether she reads it or not, doesn't really concern me.

@TheWiseTomato

Touchiness? *Chuckles* Well, all right, then.

Last edited by cooladoola; 03-05-2017 at 05:11 AM.
cooladoola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:01 AM   #249
Majube
Seventh Year

Updated

Last edited by Majube; 04-01-2017 at 02:06 AM.
Majube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:38 AM   #250
Six Paths of Pain
First Year

Updated
Six Paths of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:59 AM   #251
Zel
Groundskeeper

Well, that snowball sure took its time to get to the proper size, but it finally did. All the little changes resulted into this big one. I'm curious how Silver Queen will handle a War Arc since most authors I've seen try their hand on it in ff.net didn't actually know a lot about wars. Thankfully she's not most authors, so I'm pretty hyped for the next chapters.
Zel is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 04-12-2017, 08:49 PM   #252
Dresden11
First Year

She has finally (at least it seems) thrown canon completely out the window. I can't wait to see what she has planned. I am also wondering if we will be seeing Naruto soon. I actually hope we don't. The story has been better without him to me.
Dresden11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 3 thumbs up
Old 04-12-2017, 09:30 PM   #253
Garden
Minister for Magic

Agreed. Naruto feels too much like canon!Naruto-- by contrast, Sasuke and Kakashi have really come into their own.
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:45 PM   #254
Koalas
Dark Lord

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden View Post
Agreed. Naruto feels too much like canon!Naruto-- by contrast, Sasuke and Kakashi have really come into their own.
I'm really hoping the training trip will result in a similar change to Naruto, more in line with what 3 years of tutoring under Jiraiya should do.
Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
Surely an intelligent person wouldn't play so suspiciously if he was mafia?
You've obviously not played much mafia here, have you?
Koalas is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
author:silver queen, naruto, naruto/oc, selfinsert