Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Games > Little Italy
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

 
Bookmarks Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2017, 01:25 AM   #1861
Miner
Seventh Year
 
Miner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The People's Republic of China
Gender: Male
Posts: 276
Ok, so can either of you summarize briefly what his town game looks like?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomb View Post
If my obituary reads, "Newcomb was famous for writing Harry Potter fanfiction and shitposting dank memes in forum mafia games," imma be a little tilted.
I'm an Adult. I blame Drome <---- I see this.
Miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:29 AM   #1862
Fable
Muggle
 
Fable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miner View Post
Ok, so can either of you summarize briefly what his town game looks like?
I barely remember honestly, pretty sure he was more active than most (in relation to everyone else in a game with 3 week phases so don't hold it against him if he's not posting up a storm) and I think I remember him being the type to not rush to make a read. Other than that I don't remember anything in particular that stands out.
Fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:40 AM   #1863
KaiDASH
High Inquisitor
 
KaiDASH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Gender: Special Snowflake
Posts: 550
DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaimes View Post
Was that not the point I was making? "Here are the people I think are Elder Witches."

I don't have LW reads.
iIt wasn't obvious since you concluded with a list of names and said elder / little to be decided.
__________________
KaiDASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:20 AM   #1864
Vaimes
First Year
 
Vaimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 28
I meant, "[names] are Elders; LWs are TBD."

---------- Post automerged at 02:20 ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 ----------

Hasn't Silver not been scum in a forum game yet?
Vaimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:25 AM   #1865
KaiDASH
High Inquisitor
 
KaiDASH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Gender: Special Snowflake
Posts: 550
DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaimes View Post
I meant, "[names] are Elders; LWs are TBD."

---------- Post automerged at 02:20 ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 ----------

Hasn't Silver not been scum in a forum game yet?
english is hard.

make language hieroglyphs again
__________________
KaiDASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:36 AM   #1866
Miner
Seventh Year
 
Miner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The People's Republic of China
Gender: Male
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaimes View Post
I meant, "[names] are Elders; LWs are TBD."

---------- Post automerged at 02:20 ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 ----------

Hasn't Silver not been scum in a forum game yet?
I did say town game no?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomb View Post
If my obituary reads, "Newcomb was famous for writing Harry Potter fanfiction and shitposting dank memes in forum mafia games," imma be a little tilted.
I'm an Adult. I blame Drome <---- I see this.
Miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:43 AM   #1867
Beruru
Muggle
 
Beruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1
Vote: weiyaoli

Soooooooo like..... I'm gonna trust Fable and his reads for at least this IRL day, even though he's doing... weird. things.

But, combined with my reads.... there's not a lot of places to go.... so I'm gonna put my vote here while I think about it.
Beruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:46 AM   #1868
Vaimes
First Year
 
Vaimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miner View Post
I did say town game no?
You're asking for a summary of all of his games?

defer to Fable
Vaimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:40 AM   #1869
Jarizok
Fourth Year
 
Jarizok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Malta
Age: 24
Gender: Special Snowflake
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDASH View Post
Your reads look like scum trying to maintain a world where they actually have mislynches.



The problem iwth your analysis is that only Elders have the info necessary to actually make the plays you're attributing to all of your scum reads.
It's sometimes easy to forget the other players don't have the information you have.

---------- Post automerged at 09:40 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

Meh, Kai was being bad so this quote > not so good.

Vaimes still scumzie though.

I'm voting Acio in a Fable/Acio 1v1 95% of the time right now? It's not quite a townread @Fable, but you shouldn't be completely without hope.
Jarizok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:45 AM   #1870
KaiDASH
High Inquisitor
 
KaiDASH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Gender: Special Snowflake
Posts: 550
DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarizok View Post
Meh, Kai was being bad so this quote > not so good.

Vaimes still scumzie though.

I'm voting Acio in a Fable/Acio 1v1 95% of the time right now? It's not quite a townread @Fable, but you shouldn't be completely without hope.
Can you expand, because I can't actually into that sentence.
__________________
KaiDASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:19 AM   #1871
Jarizok
Fourth Year
 
Jarizok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Malta
Age: 24
Gender: Special Snowflake
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDASH View Post
Can you expand, because I can't actually into that sentence.
I can't into your mind. Go do stuff.
Jarizok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:03 AM   #1872
owner
Squib
 
owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: here, in the present
Gender: Female
Posts: 5
I think I still want Vaimes to die today.

vote Vaimes

I guess you could say I connected him with tom day 1. Or Vaimes kind of pushed on tom some of the time, but he was really agenda pushing Citrus. And then tom tried to make it off like he was connected to Citrus in some way. But usually scum tries to connect or tie themselves to someone who isn't there alignment. So I think Citrus is cleared of being an Elder Witch, unless his death somehow benefits the team more. But yeah, feel like tom chose to defend Citrus, and Vaimes chose to attack/push on him.

I guess I feel like Vaimes is the push for today, so I guess I'm not that solvey right now cause I feel like I have that figured out already for today.

Vaimes interaction with dyachei dying and just overarching saying that dyachei was obvious town was still pretty awkward in my opinion.

It sounded like he was saying that to make sure we didn't get any other ideas. But to me, it looks more like Vaimes wanted to kill one of his town reads, because all in all he can't keep them around late into the game if he plans on trying to stay alive.

I also didn't feel like dyachei was obvious town.

---------- Post automerged at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miner View Post
AKA if toms town Vaimes gets to enjoy some more hard-1800's westward expansion-esque tunneling from you're truly.
Why do you think Vaimes and Tom are not connected?
__________________
 
owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:06 AM   #1873
Miner
Seventh Year
 
Miner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The People's Republic of China
Gender: Male
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaimes View Post
You're asking for a summary of all of his games?

defer to Fable


I want your opinion. Don't tell me your opinion is the exact same as Fable's.

---------- Post automerged at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------
@owner

I didn't really read when I'd posted that because that was in the midst of CFD but I really got the impression that Vaimes's switch to tom was slimy as hell
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomb View Post
If my obituary reads, "Newcomb was famous for writing Harry Potter fanfiction and shitposting dank memes in forum mafia games," imma be a little tilted.
I'm an Adult. I blame Drome <---- I see this.
Miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:18 AM   #1874
owner
Squib
 
owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: here, in the present
Gender: Female
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dichotomousCreator View Post
I mean...I guess I can see that, but then why voice the thought at all? As far as I can tell all that does is:
- DECREASE the chances Beru gets lynched instead of tom
- Give the elders something to look at if Beru is in the LW/Agent pool

Especially near end of day where your concern is generally consolidating on your lynch of choice, it just doesn't make a lot of sense. (This is why I wanted to know specifically what your thought process was when posting it)
I am still suspicious of you though. Your wording is cautious.

---------- Post automerged at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miner View Post
@owner

I didn't really read when I'd posted that because that was in the midst of CFD but I really got the impression that Vaimes's switch to tom was slimy as hell
But miner that was quoted from today as in day 2. So what are you really trying to say here?

---------- Post automerged at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
tom was an Elder Witch.

Since the Little Witches don't know his role, I don't think I should reveal that information - unless someone has a good reason for me to do so.

I feel better about both Citrus and beru not being elder witches based on the way the wagons went. And Vaimes, because would a bus like that ever make sense for him? Fable needs some attention.

Also, welcome Silvercrys!
Who do you connect to Fable?

---------- Post automerged at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaimes View Post
Fucking eat me.

(assuming Rubicon is truthful etc.)
And there we have it, Vaimes casting shade on Rubicon, folks.

---------- Post automerged at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
Miner apparently passed his can't-read-Tom curse to me.

I had him right early on, but some of his posts toward end of day seemed more well-reasoned, and his wei case was okay. His reaction to me calling him town did ping as odd - I expected him to crack some joke in response, but he ignored it.

---------- Post automerged at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Vote: Fable
Do you feel that it was likely to happen that Miner would pass "his can't-read-Tom curse"?

Cause if not, Miner could be with tom, especially if he was really gunning for beru over him yesterday.

---------- Post automerged at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dichotomousCreator View Post
ewwww no Lynch: Citrus

he was spending like the entire lynch complaining about it and even switched back to Beru halfway through to try and pull the lynch. Like, he hopped on to bring it to 8/4 (i.e. after seven people had ALREADY piled on) then...asked people to move to Beru and only moved after you told him to?

I dunno, that reads like "we might be able to shift it but moving off my scumbuddy will raise red flags oh wait rubicon told me to oh boy let's go"

This pulled it back to 7/6, and he moved to tom literally a minute before deadline.
@Miner --- Would still like you to answer the thing I said.



Anyone corroborate this?
So what about Tom's joking interactions with Citrus makes you comfortable to lynch Citrus?

---------- Post automerged at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fable View Post
Alternatively unless citrus is something super powerful I don't know if tom tries to protect him that much either if they're aligned.
I'm assume Tom was going more for a pocket, if I had to guess that would be the scum motivation there.

I guess potentially if they are together, Citrus could have the more powerful role. But that would be incredibly desperate of them. But who knows?
__________________
 
owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:22 AM   #1875
dichotomousCreator
Muggle
 
dichotomousCreator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by owner View Post
I am still suspicious of you though. Your wording is cautious.
The word you're after is "precise"

Quote:
Originally Posted by owner View Post
So what about Tom's joking interactions with Citrus makes you comfortable to lynch Citrus?
The fact that they're part of a hard defense of him? The fact that his interactions with basically everyone were a joke D1? I mean I don't want to lynch Citrus over the joke interactions themselves (more tom's refusal to hop on Citrus as a counterwagon to himself and the stuff I said about Citrus D1) but they don't particularly put me off the idea.

Like, can you point out some of these tom/Citrus interactions that apparently make them anti-aligned?
dichotomousCreator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:30 AM   #1876
owner
Squib
 
owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: here, in the present
Gender: Female
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dichotomousCreator View Post
The word you're after is "precise"
In my opinion, you are likely editing or over analyzing your posts before you pump them out. That's more often a scum trait.

Quote:
The fact that they're part of a hard defense of him? The fact that his interactions with basically everyone were a joke D1? I mean I don't want to lynch Citrus over the joke interactions themselves (more tom's refusal to hop on Citrus as a counterwagon to himself and the stuff I said about Citrus D1) but they don't particularly put me off the idea.

Like, can you point out some of these tom/Citrus interactions that apparently make them anti-aligned?
If tom called Citrus town earlier, then if he hops on wagon he looks like he's going against his own reads. Or it could be he is trying to tie Citrus to him in the event he dies.

I'll see what I can gather later, beacuse I have to go to work soon.
__________________
 
owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:46 AM   #1877
Miner
Seventh Year
 
Miner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: The People's Republic of China
Gender: Male
Posts: 276
I still hadn't read the CFD stuff and I told you it was an impression. Regardless, if tom was town that means that my read of tom was completely wrong in which case I'd want to lynch Vaimes because I didn't think tom/Vaimes was knowingly aligned.

---------- Post automerged at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

AKA they were v/w

---------- Post automerged at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

or I suppose LW/EW
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomb View Post
If my obituary reads, "Newcomb was famous for writing Harry Potter fanfiction and shitposting dank memes in forum mafia games," imma be a little tilted.
I'm an Adult. I blame Drome <---- I see this.
Miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:50 AM   #1878
dichotomousCreator
Muggle
 
dichotomousCreator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by owner View Post
In my opinion, you are likely editing or over analyzing your posts before you pump them out. That's more often a scum trait.
...this explains so much of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owner View Post
If tom called Citrus town earlier, then if he hops on wagon he looks like he's going against his own reads. Or it could be he is trying to tie Citrus to him in the event he dies.

I'll see what I can gather later, beacuse I have to go to work soon.
I mean it wouldn't be a social deduction game if there wasn't uncertainty, but I found Citrus scummy independently and tying someone who's going down in flames to you seems like a weird way to do that?

Like, if you're scum and trying to act around a town to make THEM look like scum, you do it to someone who you think your team will need help mislynching down the line. Not someone who's already in serious hot water.
dichotomousCreator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:20 AM   #1879
KaiDASH
High Inquisitor
 
KaiDASH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Gender: Special Snowflake
Posts: 550
DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarizok View Post
I can't into your mind. Go do stuff.
I didn't (and don't) understand the point you were making with that post.

As for doing stuff, I'm not really sure what I could do right now that actually improves the gamestate. I could write about Citrus, I guess? But casing people isn't something I actually enjoy doing anymore so.

I don't think debating people about their Vaimes or Beru reads is particularly useful either since it probably doesn't matter for today and people haven't really shown that they're listening or willing to change their opinion.

Miner aren't you in effect saying that regardless of Tom's alignment that Vaimes is scummy based on it? That might be true for you, but you probably want to rethink it as it's kind of lazy (and if I wasn't townreading you it'd be the kind of thing that advances a scumread).
__________________
KaiDASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:16 AM   #1880
Jarizok
Fourth Year
 
Jarizok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Malta
Age: 24
Gender: Special Snowflake
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDASH View Post
I didn't (and don't) understand the point you were making with that post.

As for doing stuff, I'm not really sure what I could do right now that actually improves the gamestate. I could write about Citrus, I guess? But casing people isn't something I actually enjoy doing anymore so.

I don't think debating people about their Vaimes or Beru reads is particularly useful either since it probably doesn't matter for today and people haven't really shown that they're listening or willing to change their opinion.

Miner aren't you in effect saying that regardless of Tom's alignment that Vaimes is scummy based on it? That might be true for you, but you probably want to rethink it as it's kind of lazy (and if I wasn't townreading you it'd be the kind of thing that advances a scumread).
You said Vaimes case assumed people had information that only elder witches have. I agreed, and said that it sometimes happens that people forget that the other players don't have all the information they do. So, Vaimes as an Elder witch himself arguing something that doesn't make sense as non-Elders wouldn't have known what he knew.

But that wasn't what Vaimes actuallt said so nvm this.
Jarizok is online now   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Witch Hunt #9 -Sign-ups Jan Little Italy 137 07-10-2017 03:32 PM
Witch Hunt #8 Eidolonic Little Italy 3892 05-25-2017 09:32 PM
Witch Hunt 7 - Signups Citrus Graveyard 71 09-30-2016 08:06 PM
Warlock Hunt | Witch Victory KaiDASH Little Italy 738 07-20-2013 12:54 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2005 - 2016 DLP Group. All rights reserved.
No personal intellectual property on this site may be used without the credit and express permission of the respective authors.