Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Common Room > Real Life Discussion
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 04-27-2017, 03:28 PM   #3581
ScottPress
Minister for Magic
The Horny Sovereign

High Score: 1,826
Job is going well. Getting positive "reviews", let's call them and I'm being given more hours. It's all irregular, no real set plan, but I had 2 paid hours last week and three I quietly observed (taking that as time invested into grabbing experience and knowledge), this week I'll have done 9 paid hours including tomorrow and it's my third week. I hope to cram as many hours of the job as I can into the three months of work. I find it amusing that I have friends at university who are specifically studying to teach English and I'll have actual teaching experience before they will.

In other TOMD, after drifting through news on YT and Reddit I have to express my admiration for the work ethic and effectiveness of Russian hackers. They seem to be electing people left and right. Though mostly right.
it's the only way he'll have any tits
Source ^
ScottPress is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 04-27-2017, 08:30 PM   #3582
Teyrn
Seventh Year

TomD: Due to it being my birthday, I am unsurprised that it's been a shitty day so far.

The only upside is that I have a bottle of Glenfiddich for later.

Steam Profile:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/YKfox
Teyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:35 PM   #3583
Darth_Revan
Secret Squirrel

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyrn View Post
TomD: Due to it being my birthday, I am unsurprised that it's been a shitty day so far.

The only upside is that I have a bottle of Glenfiddich for later.
...Happy Birthday?

Peace is a lie, the greatest lie there is. The truth is strife. Struggle. Pain. Suffering.

And from that turmoil, power. The power to bend the universe to my will.

- Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith
Darth_Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:40 PM   #3584
BsuperB
Headmaster

TOMD: Payday! ... Also a long week of research into savings, looking to move out and just generally take more steps forward as an adult. Approaching 26, not getting any younger and frankly still living life as if I'm 18 sans partying.

Trying to take a positive turn after a solid 18 months of doing nothing with my life bar a stable relationship.

Got a wedding this weekend so an excuse to get out and interact. Oddly looking forward to it.
BsuperB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:52 PM   #3585
vlad
Slug Club Member

High Score: 2000
Sitting at the gate 30 min after boarding was supposed to start, just told maintenance is looking at mechanical issues and has no information at this time.

D: D: D: I'm fucked.

vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:54 PM   #3586
Peter North
Supreme Mugwump

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad View Post
Sitting at the gate 30 min after boarding was supposed to start, just told maintenance is looking at mechanical issues and has no information at this time.

D: D: D: I'm fucked.
Tell them your a terrorist and that you had to be on that plane 30 minutes ago. That should speed things up a bit.
Yer a wizard 'arry. First we'll get yeh wand and then they'll be the sortin' - Good fun, tha'. Then it's off to Liberia to transfigure Ebola-stained bedsheets into treacle tart... Ohh shouldna told yeh that. Should NOT have told yeh that. ~ Vlad
Peter North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:34 PM   #3587
Banta
The Chosen One

DLP Supporter Donor Star
TOMD: Graduation robes acquired. In a month, I'll have my JD.
Banta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:36 PM   #3588
Darth_Revan
Secret Squirrel

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banta View Post
TOMD: Graduation robes acquired. In a month, I'll have my JD.
Got your job lined up?

Peace is a lie, the greatest lie there is. The truth is strife. Struggle. Pain. Suffering.

And from that turmoil, power. The power to bend the universe to my will.

- Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith
Darth_Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:49 PM   #3589
Banta
The Chosen One

DLP Supporter Donor Star
That's next year's problem--I'm attending a master's program in the fall after I take the bar.
Banta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:45 PM   #3590
Nazgus
Unspeakable

Wanted to wait to hear back from the few people I was waiting on that were closer, but at this point I really don't want to risk it and the places on Airbnb within my budget are drying up fast. Sent a booking request to a nice looking place in Santa Fe on Airbnb, I can use the bus drive to get some work done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace View Post
"Be my friend, motherfucker!" Naruto howled, slamming the rasengan into Gaara's face.
When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."

-Stephen King
Nazgus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM   #3591
ScottPress
Minister for Magic
The Horny Sovereign

Attended a staff meeting at work.

Feels weird man.
Source ^
Old Today, 01:47 AM   #3592
Oz
Migos Enthusiast

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via MSN to Oz
About to go for a 7 hour cycle. My butthole is clenched as fuck.

Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old Today, 08:38 AM   #3593
Oz
Migos Enthusiast

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Send a message via MSN to Oz
Overestimated how long it would take, only five hours. Easy peasy.

Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old Today, 09:32 AM   #3594
ScottPress
Minister for Magic
The Horny Sovereign

TOMD: Posted shiny new WBA thread for the sequel of my last fic. Pretty excited. I liked writing the last one, I think I'll like writing this one.
Source ^
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old Today, 06:17 PM   #3595
Nazgus
Unspeakable

Facebook messenger keeps adding the phrase 'Start Plan' to the bottom of messages only for it to vanish if I switch chats or refresh the page. This is the creepiest bug I've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace View Post
"Be my friend, motherfucker!" Naruto howled, slamming the rasengan into Gaara's face.
When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."

-Stephen King
Nazgus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:20 PM   #3596
Eilyfe
Order Member

Watched Goodfellas for the first time. Had a blast.

Also did one-legged squats last training session. First time there as well. Now, two days later, my glutes and legs are sore as fuck. Every time I go to the shitter I have to sit down gingerly or I'll topple over.

But overall feeling pretty good. Lost about 45 kg over the last two years, and after exercising for half a year my body finally starts to shape up.

Ah yes, my Naruto short story kind of developed a life of its own and is now a 40k novella. I'll type up the last chapter tomorrow and then I'll let it cool down for a week or so before putting it up for your esteemed perusal (probably in 3-4 chapters or so, each weekend one - that should give me enough time to give every chapters a good shine).

Last but not least: Dawn of War III is a load of shite. Given that I fucking adored the first part, playing it hours and hours, I was so hyped and then summarily disappointed. At least I had the chance to form that opinion during the beta and could cancel my order.

Last edited by Eilyfe; Today at 06:24 PM.
Eilyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 3 thumbs up
Old Today, 08:49 PM   #3597
CareOtters
Headmaster

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Had yet another friend admit their suicidal tendencies to me. Horrifying how many people it's affecting. I'm not sure if I know an unusually large number of people who feel this way, if I'm more approachable about these issues than most people, or if these feelings are incredibly common and under-noticed by the world.

Possibly a mix of all three, with emphasis on the latter.

So if any DLPer is suffering from depression, suicidal thoughts, or anything of that nature, any of you lot are free to shoot a message my way if you need someone to talk to. I've seen firsthand how important it is to speak about these things, even to someone you hardly know over the internet. In some ways that can help more, because of the honesty which comes with anonymity.

I hope all of you are healthy and happy, along with everyone in your lives. But if that's not the case, I'm always willing to lend an ear. I'm sure there any many others on the board who will be, too.

DLP isn't perfect, but we try to look after our own.

The Yellow Death - a RWBY fanfiction
CareOtters is online now   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 3 thumbs up
Old Today, 09:05 PM   #3598
Aekiel
Order Member
Angle of Mispeling

DLP Supporter Donor Star
High Score: 9,373
I found out my cousin has bowel cancer. Well, I call him a cousin, but he's the son of my great aunt so he's not an immediate family member. He's still counted as close though, because our families have been close-knit for decades. He's refusing treatment partly because he's depressed after his mother's death and party because he's an emotionally abusive asshole who always goes for the option that will get him the most sympathy.

I don't know how I'm supposed to react to this. He's a complete bastard and physically assaulted his immediate family for as long as he had power over them, but he's still family and he's done good things for people as well. He never misses a chance to pander for sympathy, but this is one of those rare occasions where if he doesn't get treatment soon he will die a long, slow, painful death.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but I'm tempted to for him simply because I know how horrible a person he has been in the past.

Fuck. I don't even know why I'm typing this. Possibly the beer. Possibly because I genuinely don't know how I should feel about this. I heard about it a day or two ago and I'm still mostly indifferent about it. He's refusing treatment. It's his choice. I figure he'll probably take the surgery at some point, but by then it may be too late. It may be too late now. The tumour has already perforated his intestines and he's risking peritonitis every other second.

I don't want him to die, but at the same time I wouldn't mourn his death. Jesus fuck but this is confusing. I'm heading up north for mine and my brother's birthdays mid-May. I'm wondering if I'll be heading up for a funeral too.
Because you can't, you won't and you don't stop ~ The Beastie Muppets
Steam Profile
Aekiel is offline   Reply With Quote