Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Common Room > Multimedia > Movies, Music and TV shows
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 07-16-2017, 05:06 PM   #2241
Inquisition
Death Eater
Canadian Ambassador to Japan

DLP Supporter Donor Star
If the Doctor had become female earlier (by Matt Smith's term at the latest), it would have negated a good portion of the upcoming backlash.

Now, there's going to be people wondering, "did they do this based on merit? Or did they do it based on 'superduper radfem diverse inclusive progressive sjw cuck' etc."

And as for adapting to female biology, the best possible outcome is that "the Doctor is female now yo, get over it" is the best way to deal with it. Don't make a big fucking deal of it and you have a chance to keep the fans/core audience. Or you know, you could do the total opposite of that and obsess over the fact that SHE will be doing things differently now that SHE is a GIRL and so much better because of it. Because that really sells over good writing and stories, just ask Marvel Comics.

Inquisition is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 3 thumbs up
Old 07-17-2017, 12:37 AM   #2242
KHAAAAAAAAAAN!!
Order Member
Troll in the Dungeon

High Score: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmJustAnotherGuy View Post
3). Still, the Doctor's never been miscasted
coughCOLINBAKERcough

Ahem. Excuse me. Frog in the throat.

Colin Baker.

Anyway.... Jodie's not the most exciting choice for a first female Doctor, but I think she'll do well. When she, Colman, or Tennant are not onscreen, Broadchurch can be a snoozefest. So yeah, exciting news... BUT SHE AINT GINGER GODDAMNT.

If they brought Tennant in for the Valyard, and Olivia Colman for the Rani.... I would watch the shit out of that.

Last edited by KHAAAAAAAAAAN!!; 07-17-2017 at 01:23 AM.
KHAAAAAAAAAAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:50 AM   #2243
Seratin
Minister for Magic
Proudmander

DLP Supporter Donor Star
I don't have any problem with the new casting, she's a great actress and no doubt she'll do a great job as long as the writing is there.

Despite this, it does seem like they were eventually going to bow to the pressure of having the Doctor be either female or black because of rampant social outcry. I don't have an issue with a black Doctor. Don't have an issue with a female Doctor. I do however have an issue with just doing shit to fill your PC quota.

To be fair, she's a better choice than Swinton for the role imo but in my heart I really really wanted Rupert Grint to get it.

The Indigo Road
A Pokemon quest
Seratin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:08 PM   #2244
Inquisition
Death Eater
Canadian Ambassador to Japan

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seratin View Post
I don't have an issue with a black Doctor. Don't have an issue with a female Doctor. I do however have an issue with just doing shit to fill your PC quota.
How can you say that? This is just an organic evolution and not forced by the media at all.

EDIT: Oh god... It begins. Fucking kill me.

Last edited by Inquisition; 07-18-2017 at 12:28 PM.
Inquisition is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8-bit doctor who, deadass/timelocked time lords, doctor who, doctor who?, stormagedon: dark lord of all, tardis