Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Common Room > Real Life Discussion
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2017, 08:18 PM   #1541
The Pro
Seventh Year
 
The Pro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Depths of Tartarus
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oment View Post
I don't even know...



Call this exhibit 2034539 in why nuclear annihilation of the planet might be considered a mercy kill.
What. The. Actual. Fuck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeelthor View Post
I wish we could beam Alex Jones to Mars...
Nah. Let's toss the idiot into a volcano and be done with it.
__________________
“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

The Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 05:18 AM   #1542
Oment
Chief Warlock
The Betrayer
 
Oment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeelthor View Post
I wish we could beam Alex Jones to Mars...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pro View Post
Nah. Let's toss the idiot into a volcano and be done with it.
Why not both?

Actual news: Cats, being cats, essentially domesticated themselves.
__________________
Curse my sudden but inevitable betrayals.

~R.I.P. Oz's dick, 1990-2016.~

Last edited by Oment; 07-01-2017 at 05:22 AM.
Oment is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 3 thumbs up
Old 07-05-2017, 12:39 PM   #1543
The Pro
Seventh Year
 
The Pro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Depths of Tartarus
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Posts: 227
From BBC: Trump berates China on trade (in regards to North Korea missile launch).
__________________
“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

The Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 05:31 PM   #1544
MonkeyEpoxy
Alchemist
 
MonkeyEpoxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,321
Follow suit, USA.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7824246.html
__________________
But don't genius live in a lamp?
MonkeyEpoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 07-05-2017, 06:59 PM   #1545
ScottPress
Chief Warlock
The Horny Sovereign
 
ScottPress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Holy Moose Empire
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,498
High Score: 1,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyEpoxy View Post
I was very confused for a moment. "What the fuck do vacations have to do with preventing measles?"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Rose in Discord
we gotta teach scott contouring
it's the only way he'll have any tits
Source ^
ScottPress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:58 AM   #1546
Oment
Chief Warlock
The Betrayer
 
Oment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,424
A Microsoft font may have exposed corruption in Pakistan.

Quote:
The Microsoft font Calibri is now a key piece of evidence in a corruption investigation surrounding Pakistan’s prime minister. Investigators noticed that documents handed over by the prime minister’s daughter, Maryam Nawaz Sharif, were typed up in the font Calibri. But the documents were dated from 2006 — and Calibri wasn’t widely available at that point, making a good case that they were forged.
__________________
Curse my sudden but inevitable betrayals.

~R.I.P. Oz's dick, 1990-2016.~
Oment is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 3 thumbs up
Old 07-14-2017, 11:19 AM   #1547
Nazgus
Order Member
 
Nazgus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 853
Gotta admit, I did not see that one coming. Would be interesting if that turns out to be the thing that brings them down.
__________________
http://steamcommunity.com/id/demorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace View Post
"Be my friend, motherfucker!" Naruto howled, slamming the rasengan into Gaara's face.
When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."

-Stephen King
Nazgus is online now   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old 07-15-2017, 01:15 PM   #1548
Darth_Revan
Secret Squirrel
 
Darth_Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Empire City
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,762
DLP Supporter Donor Star
Interesting. If it had been me, it wouldn't prove anything; I routinely change legacy documents to Calibri because I find it easier to read.
__________________

Peace is a lie, the greatest lie there is. The truth is strife. Struggle. Pain. Suffering.

And from that turmoil, power. The power to bend the universe to my will.

- Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith
Darth_Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:20 PM   #1549
chrnno
High Inquisitor
 
chrnno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Revan View Post
Interesting. If it had been me, it wouldn't prove anything; I routinely change legacy documents to Calibri because I find it easier to read.
Curious, in my experience you can't have digital original or certified copies of documents of any actual value. At best you can use that to easily make a copy you need to certify with the original or another certified copy. Considering that is not the main objection raised by the defence it must also be the case here.

So a document printed in 2006 has Calibri as font which while possible is rather unlikely, not sure if you can get that proved to legal standards but I am taking the fact it was a forgery as a given.
__________________
You spend your whole life believing that you're on the right track, only to discover that you're on the wrong train.
chrnno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:02 PM   #1550
Invictus
Heir
 
Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cidade Maravilhosa
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Revan View Post
Interesting. If it had been me, it wouldn't prove anything; I routinely change legacy documents to Calibri because I find it easier to read.
But do you print them and certy them as dated of 2006, and printed in that time? That's the whole question.
Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:43 PM   #1551
calutron
Auror
 
calutron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 696
Ravens parallel great apes in flexible planning for tool-use and bartering

Wanted to share this interesting article
calutron is online now   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 07-16-2017, 10:57 AM   #1552
Eilyfe
Death Eater
 
Eilyfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by calutron View Post
That’s quite interesting. Would you say that planning is related to abstract/conceptual thinking? I mean, theoretically, to plan you need to have an understanding of the difference between what your needs are now and what they are later, i.e. the difference between the concepts “future” and “present”.
__________________
"Rise like lions after slumber
in unvanquishable number;
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many, they are few."

Eilyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:13 PM   #1553
calutron
Auror
 
calutron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilyfe View Post
That’s quite interesting. Would you say that planning is related to abstract/conceptual thinking? I mean, theoretically, to plan you need to have an understanding of the difference between what your needs are now and what they are later, i.e. the difference between the concepts “future” and “present”.
Yes it's a form of abstract thinking. In the article they differentiate between planning that's genetically encoded(which does not qualify) and planning for behaviors not standard for survival.
calutron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:30 PM   #1554
Banta
The Chosen One
 
Banta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oregon
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,168
DLP Supporter Donor Star
George Romero, "Night of the Living Dead" director, dies at 77.
Banta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:25 PM   #1555
Solfege
Professor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Coast & the South
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 458
Miryam Mirzakhani, only woman to win a Fields medal, died yesterday at 40 from cancer.

3 min video with her and her interest in dynamics and geometries on manifolds.

Last edited by Solfege; 07-16-2017 at 11:44 PM.
Solfege is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:31 PM   #1556
Andrela
Dark!Andrela
Plot Bunny
 
Andrela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Silesia
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,109
DLP Supporter Donor Star
Fuck.

Here's hoping he rises from the grave.

Another good director leaves us...
__________________
Andrela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:40 PM   #1557
ScottPress
Chief Warlock
The Horny Sovereign
 
ScottPress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Holy Moose Empire
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,498
High Score: 1,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrela View Post
Fuck.

Here's hoping he rises from the grave.

Another good director leaves us...
He lives on in Call of the Dead.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Rose in Discord
we gotta teach scott contouring
it's the only way he'll have any tits
Source ^
ScottPress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:28 PM   #1558
The Pro
Seventh Year
 
The Pro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Depths of Tartarus
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Posts: 227
Teens shot in NJ.
__________________
“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

The Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:54 PM   #1559
Seyllian
Seventh Year
 
Seyllian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: New Jersey
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pro View Post
About the only thing surprising in that is its not Camden. Though its still not a good idea to walk around Trenton at night if your not on a major street.
__________________
Seyllian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:46 PM   #1560
Andrela
Dark!Andrela
Plot Bunny
 
Andrela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Silesia
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,109
DLP Supporter Donor Star
Linkin Park singer and father-of-six Chester Bennington commits suicide

Fucking terrible news. I grew up on Linkin Park, fuck this day.
__________________
Andrela is offline   Reply With Quote


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Questions about YOUR FANFIC that don't deserve their own thread... CheddarTrek FanFic Discussion 162 07-16-2017 06:14 AM
RL Questions that don't deserve their own thread CheddarTrek Real Life Discussion 1441 07-12-2017 04:59 PM
Questions that don't deserve their own thread Glimmervoid The Dresden Files 416 11-02-2016 04:35 PM
Questions that don't deserve their own thread. Quick Ben FanFic Discussion 4700 10-22-2014 04:38 PM
Politic questions that don't deserve their own thread! SmileOfTheKill Politics 85 01-21-2014 01:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2005 - 2016 DLP Group. All rights reserved.
No personal intellectual property on this site may be used without the credit and express permission of the respective authors.