Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Games > Little Italy
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Bookmarks Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2017, 10:20 AM   #1881
Miner
Seventh Year

Yes. In fact I've been saying that all game.

Granted, I didn't expect tom I be scum. But as of right now I'm not voting Vaimes because I acknowledge that he /could/ be town, although his play individually has made me scumread him.

There's basically two sides to it. One is, Vaimes is independently scummy. Two is, I don't think Vaimes and tom were in a chat together.

---------- Post automerged at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

In any case I'm feeling super lazy right now and figured I had enough posts to slide by until like the last day.

I'm up for some chatting during queue times though.
I'm an Adult. I blame Drome <---- I see this.
Miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #1882
Cobalt
Muggle

I come back and Dya's gone already?

Y'all are lame af.
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:16 AM   #1883
Jarizok
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
I come back and Dya's gone already?

Y'all are lame af.
Not playing the game for a week and then complaining you didn't get the chance to play with people that died. That's a new one.
Jarizok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:25 PM   #1884
weiyaoli
Second Year

Work was busier than I thought today, but expect stuff on Citrus in ~1/2 hours. Only skimmed through the 4 or so pages that happened whilst I was gone, so please ping me if someone wanted a response to anything that I missed.

---------- Post automerged at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaimes View Post
Then there are two town votes, two ???, me, and ???. Very likely one of those names is a witch who saw the writing on the wall and went into bus mode. One between Fable/Citrus/Kai. Probably one still desperately hanging onto the beruru lynch. I'd be inclined to say wei over the other names.
Eh, given I had stated in my vote for Beru that I was voting there to consolidate and that I'd still preferred to lynch tom over Beru I don't think that reasoning makes any sense.

I was away for EoD in any case, but I think given this statement, even if I was a witch I'd have bussed tom instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiyaoli View Post
Vote:Beruru

Though I think I'd still prefer tom to be lynched, there seems to be more consensus here.
I don't think you can ever say I was "desperately hanging onto the Beru lynch" lol.

---------- Post automerged at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Anyone around to filler a post before I post my Citrus re-read in like 20 mins? Rather it not get auto-merged.
weiyaoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:29 PM   #1885
owner
Squib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miner View Post
@owner

tom is doing a gimmick. It's not really AI for him, although I've never known him to gimmick as scum. He knows that though, and I think there are a couple posts that are super sketch coming from him.

I'd still like to lynch beru or Acio though. Can you explain why you are averse to that?
That moment when this feels like Miner is almost defending tom. lolz

owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:29 PM   #1886
Citrus
Squib

I'll filler for you! Busy at work and skimming through but won't be around in force til the evening more likely
Citrus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:31 PM   #1887
owner
Squib

I guess I should edit my previous statement and say that I'm looking to lynch either Vaimes or Miner today.

owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:36 PM   #1888
Miner
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by owner View Post
I guess I should edit my previous statement and say that I'm looking to lynch either Vaimes or Miner today.
Lul. I really don't think you should give tom more ammunition.

---------- Post automerged at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Speaking of ammunition, Cobalt why are you not keeping your promises?
Old 07-17-2017, 01:27 PM   #1889
Cobalt
Muggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarizok View Post
Not playing the game for a week and then complaining you didn't get the chance to play with people that died. That's a new one.
Did I say I was mad because I didn't get the chance to play with her and blamed that on witches instead of myself or are you just jumping to conclusions?

Yes I'm upset she didn't live longer but nowhere did I act as though it's not my fault for being absent for so long.

Drop your attitude.

---------- Post automerged at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Lul. I really don't think you should give tom more ammunition.

---------- Post automerged at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Speaking of ammunition, Cobalt why are you not keeping your promises?
This is a 4 day long phase relax Jesus Christ.

---------- Post automerged at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

"I'll catch up" doesn't mean "I will be 100% caught up within the first 24 hours of the next Day phase"
Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:38 PM   #1890
Citrus
Squib

@Cobalt we're 48 hours in now though, not 24 hours?
Citrus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:52 PM   #1891
weiyaoli
Second Year

Citrus:

#309 - Reads seem ok. The whole dyachei null read vote is NAI I think, but the hesitancy to not vote for tom in particular as the scum read is somewhat bad. I'm sure there's tons of valid meta reasons but still a bad position in hindsight.

#333 - Explaining the dyachei vote as a pressure vote is fine I think. Part of that reasoning is, why else is he voting for a null read? The other part is, his reasoning about explaining it after he was asked is a good one. Coy/cagey answers about it helps no-one. I think he still can get information from the way people like fluff reacted to the post/vote for example.

I've read through the exchange between dyachei and Citrus again a couple times, and I'm still inclined to agree with my first opinion. His phrasing is a little awkward/pedantic, as are the four bullet point thing, but I can follow his PoV/reasoning and confusion then suspicion at the "OMGUS" vote from dyachei.

Even the nit-picky OMGUS definition sniping I can see from a town!Citrus pov. He's trying to get other people's opinions on the exchange and trying to sound out whether his points made sense to other people.

The whole "woe is me" attitude about not being townread D1 is bad though. I can sort of handwave it a little by saying it looks like he's being somewhat petulant about the whole situation and it's pretty much consistent with the whole wiki sniping/being "technically" correct from earlier. I'm not familiar with Citrus's meta either way (and he's been on a long break anyway), so not sure how much to read into this attitude.

The next few posts are much better though, and make me feel better about the attitude too. The whole series of posts up to his wall in #884 - I can mostly understand where his wall came from, though some of his guts reads are bad in hindsight from tom flip.

Also seems to sheep beru/Acio a little (re: acio meta read and fable read respectively) which I dislike.

His vote on me is ok I guess. It's somewhat weak (but since basically everyone forgot to actually re-read the thread to find the vote on Citrus and when it was actually made), but given the state of the votal and his wall, it makes sense to me.

I think his post about Vaimes is pretty good (#1073 as well as his follow up a couple pages later - #1193).

In terms of any specific comments/replies about the content of the posts:

(Paragraph or two on Vaimes and not Citrus)

Vaimes does look better after the tom flip though I think. I don't think it was a bus (i.e EW/EW) because it's pretty much ineffectual when he doesn't seem to think tom will get lynched. The lack of actual cases beyond tom is a witch (though obviously he was V/LA) brings down the amount of brownie points he gets though.

(Back to Citrus)

His tone when responding to Fable reads pretty well. Content wise, the whole defence about the Beruru read is a little weak but actually the one that comes off worse in the whole exchange is Fable imo.

(Section on Fable)

I'm really not sure what to make of Fable's play late D1 and just a bit ago D2. I'd almost say he was a jester if such a role existed in WH. The random claim is one thing, but the fatalistic (especially when it's not really warranted in how early he resorts to it) and contradictory (calling out Beru for AtE whilst AtE in the same post) attitude is really confusing. I think I probably need to re-read Fable again.

(Back to Citrus)

I think his behaviour ~3 hours before the tom CFD is ok. The vote switch from tom to beru to tom again looks bad in light of the flip. I'm still not convinced Beruru is actually town though, so imo it's not too bad.

Nothing really stands out that much about his play today yet to me. Placing his vote on dC after the tom flip is w/e, probably NAI. I'll probably go through it in more detail at some point, but for now I think my time is probably better spent re-reading Fable to try and get my head around his hot/cold play.

In conclusion, I think I'd still lean-town on Citrus from just behaviour wise. I also did the ISO trying to figure out if Acio/Citrus/tom could be w/w. Conclusions there:

Acio/Citrus can probably still be w/w - the exchange they had re:fable earlier I can see partners do, and he easily accepted a town!Acio meta read from Beruru. Not really anything strong linking them together from Citrus's end though so all this means is that I don't feel better about Citrus due to his interaction with Acio like I would if I ruled out w/w.

Citrus/tom - behaviour wise it's possible. But I can see how Citrus could be pocketed by tom instead and eod1 doesn't have any hints that he expects tom to flip scum that might slip out in a high stress/unexpected situation where EW!Citrus wants to try to flip the vote onto Beru.

So yeah interactions don't really change my opinion on Citrus. Still lean-town.

---------- Post automerged at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

RE: this bit:
Quote:
I think I need to re-read Citrus next, but Acio looks pretty bad if Citrus is a witch.
Scratch that part because I don't think Citrus is a witch, but I'm still suspicious of Acio's development of their Citrus read.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:54 PM   #1892
Jarizok
Fourth Year

Quote:
Did I say I was mad because I didn't get the chance to play with her and blamed that on witches instead of myself or are you just jumping to conclusions?

Yes I'm upset she didn't live longer but nowhere did I act as though it's not my fault for being absent for so long.

Drop your attitude.

---------- Post automerged at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

---------- Post automerged at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

"I'll catch up" doesn't mean "I will be 100% caught up within the first 24 hours of the next Day phase"
You just called "y'all" lame. I'm part of "y'all"and I'm saying right back at ya. Also, you kinda were blaming the thread, /implying/ it wasn't your fault. Just calling it as I see it.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:00 PM   #1893
weiyaoli
Second Year

Quote:
Drop your attitude.
--
--
Relax yourself please.

People are just prodding you for content, no need to be so defensive.

---------- Post automerged at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Well the Citrus re-read took a lot longer than I was expecting, didn't realise he had so many posts to be honest.

So yeah probably don't expect a Fable re-read from me tonight, unless someone has specific posts/interactions from Fable they want my hot take on. Work should be somewhat less busy tomorrow so I'll try and post a bit then, if not a finished look on Fable.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #1894
Jarizok
Fourth Year

Quote:
Relax yourself please.

People are just prodding you for content, no need to be so defensive.

---------- Post automerged at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Well the Citrus re-read took a lot longer than I was expecting, didn't realise he had so many posts to be honest.

So yeah probably don't expect a Fable re-read from me tonight, unless someone has specific posts/interactions from Fable they want my hot take on. Work should be somewhat less busy tomorrow so I'll try and post a bit then, if not a finished look on Fable.
'S all good. You're pretty town anyway, and I don't want to lynch Fable today.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:49 PM   #1895
Rubicon
Professor

DLP Supporter Donor Star
I'm cramming for an exam, won't be able to post much for the next 24 hours.

Vaimes is still town.

We should lynch KaiDASH.
Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:51 PM   #1896
dichotomousCreator
Muggle

Quote:
There's basically two sides to it. One is, Vaimes is independently scummy. Two is, I don't think Vaimes and tom were in a chat together.
And...you're not interested in lynching/speculating on LW!Vaimes?
dichotomousCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:55 PM   #1897
Rubicon
Professor

DLP Supporter Donor Star
I like #1891.
Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:21 PM   #1898
Miner
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dichotomousCreator View Post
And...you're not interested in lynching/speculating on LW!Vaimes?
Not today, when I think there are bigger fish to fry.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:59 PM   #1899
KaiDASH
High Inquisitor

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarizok View Post
You said Vaimes case assumed people had information that only elder witches have. I agreed, and said that it sometimes happens that people forget that the other players don't have all the information they do. So, Vaimes as an Elder witch himself arguing something that doesn't make sense as non-Elders wouldn't have known what he knew.

But that wasn't what Vaimes actuallt said so nvm this.
We psyduck now boys.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:05 PM   #1900
dichotomousCreator
Muggle

Quote:
Not today, when I think there are bigger fish to fry.
Fair enough!
dichotomousCreator is offline   Reply With Quote