Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Common Room > Politics
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

View Poll Results: New Thread Title?
Trumperium 2: We Shall Overcomb 12 18.46%
Trumperium 2: Remember, no Russian 9 13.85%
Trumperium 2: Executive Dis Order 8 12.31%
Trumperium 2: Caesar by the Pussy 24 36.92%
Trumperium 2: From Russia with Love 12 18.46%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 09:30 PM   #1361
Quiddity
Auror

Quote:
No, but I also wouldn't put it past some rebel groups, be they supported by Turkey or whoever else, to set off Sarin gas in order to invite retribution which would further their own goals.
Why would any rebel group expect retribution to follow, given past U.S behavior and the comments earlier that week (which basically ruled out intervention)?

How would rebel groups have access to such weaponry?

Do you have any evidence for Obamas backing down on that reasoning?

I just don't see any reason to doubt general reporting of either of these incidents, and vague counter-narratives really don't seem to stand up.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:53 PM   #1362
calutron
Auror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chengar Qordath View Post
Who knew the tinfoil hat brigade would turn out so many members to defend the mass-murdering dictator who slaughters his own people? I guess now that Trump bombed him that must mean he's a good guy who never did anything wrong...
The juxtaposition of your charges and conclusions, I see that irony is still well and alive.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:59 PM   #1363
Invictus
Heir

Quote:
Originally Posted by calutron View Post
The juxtaposition of your charges and conclusions, I see that irony is still well and alive.
Says the guy whose only argument so far has been flip the table and say 'No, YOU! NO, TRUMP!"

Here, to make it easy for you, I will remember all the points I proposed and you ignored.

1- You claim Assad was the clear winner of the Civil War, meanwhile everything points out to a long, drawn out war. You disagree? Proofs to the contrary then

2- Assad used chemical weapons multiple times against his population after 2013. Just not this specific type of gas. Y or N. If N, then proof all reports by the UN were false or disproved or unlikely. If Y, then you don't agree that he's merely following a pattern?

3- Were you accusing the US of false flag operations? Or were you accusing Russia, in collusion with the US, of encouraging Assad to commit those attacks? Or, are you accusing Russia of encouraging Assad of doing it to help the US, Trump, without any collusion? How would that happen without NSC and Trump's major advisers on military matters, Mattis and McMaster, knowing?

4- If there was this not collusion, how would the entire GOP Congress be onto it? Or would it only serve to make Russia even more of a target for Legislators and thus isolating Trump even more regarding Russia. Wouldn't this mean that net negative would be even worse? Or would Trump create a clandestine connection with Russia to favor it?

5- What's your point. You don't believe the official story. Fine. So what do you think that happened? Or you don't have any idea and

@Innomine your entire first point was that 'monstrous Assad gassing his population didn't make a lot of sense's, yet that's what he has been doing for the last four years. So now what? The entire population of the city that was interviewed said the planes gassed them. Are they liars? The professor says evidence was tempered, but doesn't say how. What other rebels had chemicals? Why they never used it before? How would they guess how Trump would react when literally the entire world didn't know? What is the US trying to accomplish bombing Syria? WHAT?

Piss off Russia? Get into another ME mess? Steal precious Syrian resour-hahahahahaba Yeah. No. 'Oh. Assad isnt evil and monstrous. I mean. He only ordered mass killings and shirtings of peaceful protesters, encouraged ethnic cleansing and acted on it, previously used nervous gas and then used other chemicals for half a decade, killed hundreds of thousands of his won people, displaced millions, ordered the summary execution of at least thousand (a) of them when he retook Aleppo, let ISIS run free in the east because it benefitted his situation, threatened the lives of the families of young men to draft them into his army, stated a terror campaign to lead rebel supporters into isolated regions so they could siege and starve them, etc.' I mean, apart that, he's a swell guy, and even if he wasn't, he wouldn't commit such atrocity even though it completely fit his past modus operandi, would serve the purpose of his terror campaign and everything pointed out that he was in the safest position possible.

How could he not predict what Trump.would do even though half his party and the entire American press and two thirds of the American population has no fucking how he even thinks. Maybe. Just maybe. Assad read him wrong and like ALL other US allies who daily abuse human rights, thought that he didn't care?

Your answer of 'I have no idea what happened. But I don't trust what was said that happened because it's the US Gov. (Led by Trump. - I don't remember anyone here saying ISIS as an Obama stinger). I have no idea what might've happened, just that the US Gov. is evil.'
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old 04-13-2017, 12:55 AM   #1364
chrnno
High Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
(Led by Trump. - I don't remember anyone here saying ISIS as an Obama stinger).
Obama was behind ISIS but in truth is really nothing more than a follower of the Dalai Lama while Trump is behind Putin's ascension to power but is a subordinate of the... Moabadan-Moabad...? Yes that one, they have been behind waging a shadow war for the past two thousand years and ever since the New World was occupied no significant powers outside their influence exist.

Last edited by chrnno; 04-13-2017 at 12:58 AM.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 04-13-2017, 01:22 AM   #1365
blob
Third Year

Remember all the bullshit stirred by Trump re. Nato? Apparently, it's no longer obsolete after all. At least until his next tantrum, I assume.

This fucking guy.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:26 AM   #1366
Chengar Qordath
Auror
The Final Pony

High Score: 1,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrnno View Post
Obama was behind ISIS but in truth is really nothing more than a follower of the Dalai Lama while Trump is behind Putin's ascension to power but is a subordinate of the... Moabadan-Moabad...? Yes that one, they have been behind waging a shadow war for the past two thousand years and ever since the New World was occupied no significant powers outside their influence exist.
Bah, everyone knows that Trump is the frontman for the Lizard People who live in the Earth's core, while Obama represented the Illuminati and Putin is the secret leader of the Templars. The only way you could be so behind the times and proposing such outdated theories is if you were one of ... THEM!
Old 04-13-2017, 09:08 AM   #1367
calutron
Auror

@Invictus, already made a pretty long post about most of your accusations, which you didn't read or ignored and I'm not going to bother rehashing the same things.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:57 AM   #1368
Invictus
Heir

Quote:
Originally Posted by calutron View Post
@Invictus, already made a pretty long post about most of your accusations, which you didn't read or ignored and I'm not going to bother rehashing the same things.
You didn't. None of those were answered. I reread all of your posts. All you did was laterally addressing some of them while refusing to state your opinion. That post was at best you trying to argue through counter-arguing me.and how I posted than actually stating facts or defending your positions.

In fact all of your points there can be resumed as: I didn't say this I just implied it and I refuse to day what I mean with it so your point is wrong, Sticking to this baffling point that somewhat Russia being aware of the attack was any kind of surprise and that proved any of your other points because? and finally, Syria is winning the war. Which is... Stupid. Syria is in a stalemate that slightly favours Assad and any kind of victory would be hollow. Your own quoted article points that.

So yes. Address the points. State your opinion. Provide proof. Don't try to get out of it by attacking how I write and state my opinions, trying to distort the argument. You have no point except 'doubt everything. Hint at everything. Dismiss anything solid. Never provide a point of discussion.'
Old 04-13-2017, 12:20 PM   #1369
Johnnyseattle
High Inquisitor

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Will you two get a fucking room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don E. Delivery View Post
Neither noticed Neville Longbottom watching them and masturbating furiously.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:07 PM   #1370
Invictus
Heir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyseattle View Post
Will you two get a fucking room?
Might as well, for Nuclear Armaggedon is nigh.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/32...-weapon-report

Quote:
The U.S. is reportedly ready to launch a preemptive strike against North Korea if officials believe Pyongyang is going to go through with a nuclear weapons test.

Citing multiple senior U.S. intelligence officials, NBC News reported Thursday that the U.S. is prepared to launch the strike against North Korea with conventional weapons.

Officials said a nuclear test could come as soon as this weekend, according to NBC.
Fun, fun times. This might be Trump just bluffing, but don't know, just bluffing doesn't seem his style. He liked waving his Gun Dick. Prolly had a great time bombing Syria. And who knows, he probably even got China's permission for it, Pyongyang betted big by killing Fatty's brother, thinking they would get full hearted support instead of dropped.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:24 PM   #1371
Oment
Chief Warlock
The Betrayer

Good. End it now instead of slowly suffering through humanity's end over the course of the next century.

In remarkable blindness I wasn't expecting from that particular area of the liberal echo chamber: 'Educate' voters, says Sanders.

Yes, keep it up. That way you'll ensure a second Trump term (provided there is a US for one) because the GOP has had that monopoly for a while now, and, to put it very bluntly, is plain out better at it. Knowing the Dems, they'd go about it in such a way that'll be more likely to turn even the moderates off as they come across hopelessly haughty from an ivory tower, instead of what Joe the Plumber (or, for a bit of an overt dogwhistle, 'average America') wants (to hear).

Mobilise? Yes? Educate? That path is doomed from the start.

~R.I.P. Oz's dick, 1990-2016.~

Last edited by Oment; 04-13-2017 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:35 PM   #1372
Dark Belra
Minister for Magic

One thing I love about Sanders is that he constantly says the Dems need a 50 state strategy yet he pretty much didn't go after the Southern states in the primaries.

Peace and Prosperity be damned.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 04-13-2017, 08:38 PM   #1373
Darth_Revan
Secret Squirrel

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oment View Post
Good. End it now instead of slowly suffering through humanity's end over the course of the next century.

In remarkable blindness I wasn't expecting from that particular area of the liberal echo chamber: 'Educate' voters, says Sanders.

Yes, keep it up. That way you'll ensure a second Trump term (provided there is a US for one) because the GOP has had that monopoly for a while now, and, to put it very bluntly, is plain out better at it. Knowing the Dems, they'd go about it in such a way that'll be more likely to turn even the moderates off as they come across hopelessly haughty from an ivory tower, instead of what Joe the Plumber (or, for a bit of an overt dogwhistle, 'average America') wants (to hear).

Mobilise? Yes? Educate? That path is doomed from the start.
Dear 'Real America',

We Democrats firmly believe you'd all vote for us if only you weren't such fucking idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Belra View Post
One thing I love about Sanders is that he constantly says the Dems need a 50 state strategy yet he pretty much didn't go after the Southern states in the primaries.
What I love about Sanders is that he constantly says the Dems need a 50 state strategy but he's NOT A GODDAMN DEMOCRAT.

Peace is a lie, the greatest lie there is. The truth is strife. Struggle. Pain. Suffering.

And from that turmoil, power. The power to bend the universe to my will.

- Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 04-13-2017, 08:39 PM   #1374
Oment
Chief Warlock
The Betrayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Revan View Post
Dear 'Real America',

We Democrats firmly believe you'd all vote for us if only you weren't such fucking idiots.
This is very much the M.O. for many a person left of centre. (And I am as guilty as any in that regard.)

~R.I.P. Oz's dick, 1990-2016.~
Old 04-13-2017, 08:44 PM   #1375
Darth_Revan
Secret Squirrel

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oment View Post
This is very much the M.O. for many a person left of centre. (And I am as guilty as any in that regard.)
Exhibit A is the pensioner who says "Get your Government hands off my Medicare!", gets his bi-weekly Social Security check in the mail, whose son owns the family farm and gets paid not to grow crops by the Department of Agriculture.

Come on, people, dance with the ones that brung ya.

Peace is a lie, the greatest lie there is. The truth is strife. Struggle. Pain. Suffering.

And from that turmoil, power. The power to bend the universe to my will.

- Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 04-13-2017, 09:47 PM   #1376
Krogan
Fourth Year
Alien in a Hat

DLP Supporter Donor Star
High Score: 2,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Revan View Post
Dear 'Real America',

Ehhh Revan, I'll be real honest with ya, this statement is in a nutshell is one of many glaring problems people have with Democrats. "You don't agree with my views so you're a fucking idiot." It makes you sound like a pompous bitch to be blunt.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:01 PM   #1377
The Iron Rose
Order Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krogan View Post
Ehhh Revan, I'll be real honest with ya, this statement is in a nutshell is one of many glaring problems people have with Democrats. "You don't agree with my views so you're a fucking idiot." It makes you sound like a pompous bitch to be blunt.
woosh

/10char

also y'know that MOAB we just dropped on ISIL?

here's what that looks like

https://www.facebook.com/crossman.al...03394309765875
Old 04-13-2017, 10:09 PM   #1378
Krogan
Fourth Year
Alien in a Hat

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Rose View Post
woosh

/10char

also y'know that MOAB we just dropped on ISIL?

here's what that looks like

https://www.facebook.com/crossman.al...03394309765875
Sigh, I know Revan didn't mean it like sounded. The way he phrased that however came across pompous as crap. Revan will explain himself like he always does, I was simply pointing out poor word choice.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:12 PM   #1379
The Iron Rose
Order Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krogan View Post
Sigh, I know Revan didn't mean it like sounded. The way he phrased that however came across pompous as crap. Revan will explain himself like he always does, I was simply pointing out poor word choice.
if I'm not mistaken I'm fairly sure he was criticizing democrats for being pompous as crap, and imitating the sort of language that drives people away.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:15 PM   #1380
Krogan
Fourth Year
Alien in a Hat

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Rose View Post
if I'm not mistaken I'm fairly sure he was criticizing democrats for being pompous as crap, and imitating the sort of language that drives people away.
Then I apologize if I misunderstood, my skills in text sarcasm are not quite up to snuff it seems :P.