Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Common Room > General Discussion
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2017, 11:37 AM   #81
froper98
Squib
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 19
I agree that Harry and Luna, have a decent backing with canon, and if the author is competent then any pairing could work, although competent authors are in short supply.

My favorite pairing is Harry and Tonks, but that is my personal preference as i feel that the pairing could work better than her with lupin, although it could be because of my dislike of Remus.

i could never see the Hermione and Ron lasting as a pair, let alone stay married, the same with Harry and Ginny. Mainly becuase i felt that harry would have wanted to leave magical britain behind and go traveling and he would have most likely left Ginny behind. in regards to Ron and Hermione, they are two opposite and i see them just arguing and end up splitting up in the future.
froper98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 01:30 PM   #82
Pedro
Looked into the void
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 5
Harry/Tonks infact I'm writing a fic with it.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:45 PM   #83
Seyllian
Seventh Year
 
Seyllian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: New Jersey
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Posts: 208
Harry/Daphne or Fleur

I don't really find any girl that Rowling to be very good matches for Harry. The HP/Ginny pairing was very rushed in the books, and besides Ginny there really wasn't any other realistic girl characterized enough to create a romance.

I like Daphne because it gives the author a clean slate. The character that they present does not have any extra emotional baggage it might have with a character that I know. This allows a writer more freedom, but also makes it significantly harder to pull of. Rep's Contractual Invalidation pulled it off perfectly.

Fleur simply because who doesn't like the protagonist to get with the prettiest girl?
Seyllian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:23 PM   #84
puppet
Squib
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenko View Post
Harry/Fleur is my favorite pairing. Harry and Fleur are perfect for each other. Both hate attention they get from others. Both are worthy champions of their schools. Also Harry though 3 years younger is mature enough for Fleur so age is no problem.
Harry hates the attention. Fleur hates people who only see her looks and nothing else. I actually canīt see what they share to build any king of relatioship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenko View Post
Harry/Daphne is my second favorite pairing. Love Harry with a Slytherin girl. Also Daphne is pureblood royalty so she will teach Harry proper pureblood customs.
Why? I can count with one hand the number of times Daphne was mentioned in books, usually to picture the people in a background


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenko View Post
Harry/Tonks - Harry needs some one who will cheer him up because he can get get moody at times and Tonks is perfect for that. Also Harry is million times better than Lupin for Tonks.
You are describing a friend or a clown, not a wife, unless you mean cheer him up with sex, which doesnīt make someone a wife either. I can only think Harry is better because he is wealthy and not a werewolf. Other than that, the gap between Harry/Tonks is bigger, he has had two or three kisses when she got pregnant, come on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenko View Post
Harry/Hermione - Ron doesn't deserve Hermione. He is an asshole to her most of the time. Harry and Hermione get along better.
I can think of Hermione being a know it all nerd in book 1. An insensitive jerk with Ron and his pet in book 3. As bad as Ron in book 4 remembering him he has no nerve and nobody to go out with him and so on.

Harry and Hermione doesnīt have to deal with hormones and sexual tension between themselves so I agree they get along better. Putting aside that probably between book 4 and 5 Hermione gives love advice to Ginny on how to overcome her crush so in the future she could be with him (Ginny acknowledge a talk in that way after getting together with Harry, and the time frame would be about when I said), so in a way for Hermione he was already spoken for, I think lots of people pictures the Harry and Hermione of the movies, who went out and had all the chemistry, with the ones described in books, who in my opinion arenīt that well suited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenko View Post
Harry/Lily - James is an asshole. Lily and Harry are more alike. Harry is better than James for Lily. Also Lily loves Harry more than James.
Iīm just gonna pretend you didnīt suggest shagging your own mother as a perfect couple and gonna try yo extract what little I find valuable here.

Lots of people tend to regard James that way and honestly, the only canon things we know about him, and I wouldnīt consider films as canon, are through the eyes of his 16 years old nemesis, who hates him, is afraid of him getting the girl he loves, and has a moral code fairly screwed.

I donīt think that is something very reliable to judge James flaws and virtues. For all Snape has to say about him, there are the testimonies of Dumbledore, Flitwick, McGonagall or Hagrid who being adults and more balanced than an 16 yeas old teen spoke very high of him, Lily and her moral code with which she dated him and fell for him, and as biased as Snapeīs one of Sirius and Remus who idolised him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenko View Post
Harry/Romilda - Poor Romilda she loves Harry. I like it when her wish comes true.
Poor Romilda tried to force him into an intimal relationship without him wanting it to. If it were a boy with a girl, and instead of magic he used sheer strenght, you would call it from rude for a kiss and deserving a slap, to rape if he went till the end of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenko View Post
Harry/Narcissa - Age is not a problem in wizarding world. Pretty much like it because its a MILF pairing.
I recommend you to go to youporn and resolve your issues there.


To go with the topic, my favourite pair is James and Lily. I think that story, should it be written by JK, or a decent, solid fanfic, has everything to be the best one, but a happy ending.
puppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:37 PM   #85
vlad
Seventh Year
 
vlad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Georgia, SSR
Gender: Male
Posts: 257
High Score: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppet View Post
Why? I can count with one hand the number of times Daphne was mentioned in books, usually to picture the people in a background
Can you though? Because Daphne is actually only mentioned once - and then only by surname - in the roll-call of people taking an OWL at the same time as Granger, Hermione.

I wouldn't use the word usually when I meant the word once.

But anyway, what's your point? If you dismiss Daphne out of hand because she never shows up - which ok, in the context of canon isn't unreasonable, but we're talking fanon here anyway - then the girls/women that are either age-appropriate or could one day soon be are:

- Ginny
- Luna
- Cho (pre-Edgecomb)
- Hermione
- Fleur
- Tonks (in a few years).
- And maaaaaaybe if we really stretch, the Gryffindor Chasers. (As an aside, nobody writes Demelza storiez, who I'm fairly certain we can put in Astoria's & Romilda's year. Shame.)

That's it, and I'm sure you'll give us a reason why having a favorite pairing of each of those is silly as well. So that leaves us with what - Harry/hand?
__________________
"Trembling, she left the chamber with Anthony Goldstein, Gregory Goyle and Daphne Greengrass." ~ Most important sentence in Harry Potter.


Last edited by vlad; 03-28-2017 at 09:41 PM.
vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 03-29-2017, 11:40 AM   #86
puppet
Squib
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad View Post
But anyway, what's your point? If you dismiss Daphne out of hand because she never shows up - which ok, in the context of canon isn't unreasonable, but we're talking fanon here anyway
If it was only once then my point still stands, I said usually because I didnīt know how many times but was sure not more than 5, which it wasnīt. My point is, he says they would make a good couple, his second favourite, and I wanted to know why and how, provided we only know her name. For all that is worth, he could go out with Melissa Cooper, who doesnīt appear at all but if we are going to make up a couple for Harry, is as valid as Daphne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad View Post
- Ginny
- Luna
- Cho (pre-Edgecomb)
- Hermione
- Fleur
- Tonks (in a few years).
- And maaaaaaybe if we really stretch, the Gryffindor Chasers. (As an aside, nobody writes Demelza storiez, who I'm fairly certain we can put in Astoria's & Romilda's year. Shame.)

That's it, and I'm sure you'll give us a reason why having a favorite pairing of each of those is silly as well. So that leaves us with what - Harry/hand?
They way it is developed in books probably his hand is the strongest option. Anyway, you can have a favourite pairing which isnīt Harry/Ginny. You could even consider Harry/Lily (eew), but the points he makes for choosing them are plain stupid, and thatīs what I argued.

Anyway, I never called Harry/Daphne silly, I asked why. In fact, I only called silly the Harry/Lily pairing, for the rest I disagree not with the pairing, but with the reasons. If you want to go on and build stronger, or different, arguments to support any of those pairings, your call, Iīd love to read about them.
puppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:04 AM   #87
GirlUniverse
Disappeared
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 21
Harry/Luna: They are both broken, and can help each other heal. She is also a natural optimist which can offset Harry's pessimism. And at the same time Harry is very grounded, and Luna is too dreamy -- he can help her stay connected to the here and now.

Harry/Tonks can be done really well, like Luna she is naturally an optimist. She is also more mature than Harry while still "fun". If the author uses the tantalising hint that Harry as a child was able to grow back his hair over night, a nice metamorphmagus couple story can be written on them.

Harry/Fleur: Fleur brings a fresh look from her French heritage and a more adult outlook, and they have in common that they are school champions. With Harry able to resist the Imperius, he has the strong character necessary to overcome her allure.
GirlUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:44 AM   #88
Tapu Doggo
Squib
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 6
Harry with Daphne/Fleur/Luna could probably work, mostly because Daphne is a clean slate that doesn't require the creation of OCs or obnoxious Self Inserts and my personal liking of Fleur and Luna.

When it comes to pairings and romance fics, the only thing that I really care about is how you develop them, and make sure that it's nothing too weird (like the aforementioned Harry/Lily).
Tapu Doggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:44 AM   #89
sairafius
Squib
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 13
I prefer Harry/Female(s) in my fanfiction and if it's a harem fanfic then it has to be well written. I despise all forms of slash and believe those who write it should be lobotomized.
sairafius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #90
Caledfwlch
Sixth Year
 
Caledfwlch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Avalon
Posts: 174
DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
harem fanfic then it has to be well written
Choose one.
Caledfwlch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:51 AM   #91
vlad
Seventh Year
 
vlad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Georgia, SSR
Gender: Male
Posts: 257
High Score: 2000
You know...

A Harry/Tonks where she reveled in having Harry bang her in the forms of hawt witches they know (as opposed to bursting in tears because he loves her true form)... would be what - monogamous metamorpharem?

Bonus points if lulz could be pulled off by everyone knowing they were doing it but there's no law against it.

So what are you doing tonight, Harry?

Well, I thought me and the missus would catch a show in muggle London, and then go home and for all intents and purposes bang the living daylights out of your wife.
__________________
"Trembling, she left the chamber with Anthony Goldstein, Gregory Goyle and Daphne Greengrass." ~ Most important sentence in Harry Potter.

vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:17 AM   #92
Andrela
Dark!Andrela
Plot Bunny
 
Andrela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Silesia
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,101
DLP Supporter Donor Star
@vlad

Write it. Imagine the anger on Malfoy's face.
__________________
Andrela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:34 AM   #93
Ben Stokes
Card Captored and buttsecksed
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 6
I always thought it'd end up Harry/Fleur in canon before book 6. I mean you've got your protagonist, you've got the insanely hot woman, you've got the meet cute(the whole bouillabaisse thing where Harry's all awkward and shy), you've got your tension(Harry being picked as champion) then you've got your resolution and a way for them to become close friends(Harry rescuing Gabrielle). So yeah Harry/Fleur is my fave
Ben Stokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:17 AM   #94
Dynrakmos
Squib
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 7
I think my favorite is Harry/Tonks, but it always depends on the story I am currently reading. Honestly, I greatly prefer quality writing, romance, and relationships over a particular pairing.
Dynrakmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:10 AM   #95
LT2000
Alchemist
 
LT2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,448
Send a message via AIM to LT2000
I ship Malfoy and Snape with a Killing Curse. Other than that, no longer have one and tend to prefer that (usually bad) romance be kept out of fics I read.
__________________
If I died and went to Hell, it would take me a week to realize I wasn't at work.
LT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:02 AM   #96
Halt
High Inquisitor
1/3 of the Note Bros.
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
Posts: 537
Hogwarts/Dobby
__________________
“Besides, it’s so much easier for people to follow a handsome man. It’s made pacification an almost pleasant experience.” -Tom Riddle, The Magnate

Halt's Archive Project: Other Fandom Almost Recommended | RWBY Features | Worm Features
Halt is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 05-02-2017, 05:26 PM   #97
Commander
Squib
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 5
I'm not that much interested in HP shipping anymoe, but when I was reading canon I was rooting for Harry/Hermione to the end. So, that would still be my answer - H/Hr all the way.
Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:00 PM   #98
Methos
Third Year
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 109
I thought it was Umbridge/Trevor, The one true pairing.

when it comes to Harry,
I started to dislike Harry/Hermione more than Harry/Ginny.
When it is Harry/Hermione.
Authors only allow Hermione to be clever and smart, and for ever Harry will depend on her for extra knoweldge or clever solution for a problem.

Harry/SlytherinGirl lead to boring pureblood values and how to behave in society.

Harry/Narcissa can be done only if she is Ms Robinsson, or Harry want to shag Malfoy mother and a gift for himself, either way not long lasting partnership.

Harry/Luna is an interesting concept as long Luna isn't written as too much bizzare/secret seer or other crap.

In the end, we know that the true pairings where Harry/Dobby (one side from Dobby).
plus Harry/His invisibility cloak there is a reason it pass from father to son.

Last edited by Methos; 05-02-2017 at 08:08 PM.
Methos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:12 PM   #99
Jeram
Chief Warlock
Elder of Zion
 
Jeram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,585
DLP Supporter Donor Star
My legit pairing choice is Harry/Luna, because I think they complement each other well. Otherwise, I really feel that anyone could work, given the right sort of setup. I like Cho/Marietta, or Hermione/Padma, but those are kinda uncommon.
__________________
* * * * * * * * * * *
"Hey, didn't you jump in front of an Avada Kedavra?" Harry accused Slughorn, trying desperately to ignore what Katie was doing to his toes. - The Pile-On

He was no longer Neville, the shy Gryffindor. Now he was the great Ovinomancer, Neville the Sheep Lord. - Food for Thought

Profile: PC.net | FF.net | FW


Jeram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 03:45 PM   #100
Mal'sSerenity
First Year
 
Mal'sSerenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrows View Post
Like that has ever stopped anyone in fanfiction.


Seems almost plausible to me when compared to the number of fics pairing Harry with both men and women twice his age. Including psychotic terrorists, his teachers and his own mother.
Well when you put it that way it does make it seem fairly plausible.

My own favorite by the way would probably be Harry/Luna. I also like the idea of romances with OCs or OC stand-ins like Daphne or Tracy simply because of the sheer potential for creativity that they have. Unfortunately, I have a hard time finding any that are decent.

Last edited by Mal'sSerenity; 05-03-2017 at 03:50 PM.
Mal'sSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry Potter Pairing Void Sorcerer FanFic Discussion 17 07-16-2017 06:26 AM
Harry/OC pairing stories; Jormungandr Story Search 12 07-29-2012 05:53 PM
Complete - The Most Bizarre HP Pairing of All by David305 - M ip82 Humor 7 10-01-2011 02:39 AM
Which pairing is most 'vogue' nowadays? RustyRed FanFic Discussion 59 08-17-2009 03:28 PM
Minimum Age for pairing MellowYellow General Discussion 14 01-13-2008 04:38 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Đ2005 - 2016 DLP Group. All rights reserved.
No personal intellectual property on this site may be used without the credit and express permission of the respective authors.