Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > Common Room > Real Life Discussion
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 04-30-2017, 01:37 AM   #3601
D.H.
Seventh Year

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Went to Match for Africa (4) in Seattle today. Roger Federer and John Isner played a great exhibition match. It was a blast.
D.H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 02:47 AM   #3602
theronin
Order Member

Drunk texting is dangerous... I suspect tomorrow is going to suck.
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:08 AM   #3603
Halt
High Inquisitor
1/3 of the Note Bros.

Going back to the Philippines. I'm going to miss London. Paris not so much.

Halt's Archive Project: Other Fandom Almost Recommended | RWBY Features | Worm Features
Halt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:46 AM   #3604
ScottPress
Chief Warlock
The Horny Sovereign

High Score: 1,826
TOMD: I've been spitting drinks all day reading about this "OK sign is White Power" thing. I kinda wanna join 4chan.
it's the only way he'll have any tits
Source ^
ScottPress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:56 AM   #3605
Shinysavage
Death Eater
Madman With A Box

High Score: 2,296
TOMD: That moment when you get a review for one of your older stories, wondering how you're handling a possible twist, and you can't remember what, if anything, you did with it (was the Moody in my GoF AU the real one or not. Honestly can't remember). I've clearly been writing fanfic too long.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:18 AM   #3606
BTT
Unspeakable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPress View Post
TOMD: I've been spitting drinks all day reading about this "OK sign is White Power" thing. I kinda wanna join 4chan.
Then just post on the site...? It's not some sort of secret club. Shop around to find boards that suit your interests, lurk for (preferably) at least a week to get your bearings and a feel for the local culture, and just go from there. Soon enough you'll find yourself with a waifu, a tulpa, and a reaction image folder.

Quick tip: don't post with a name, for the love of God. Never ask for a meme to be explained. When I say lurk, please, do so. It's for your sake.
BTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:08 PM   #3607
ScottPress
Chief Warlock
The Horny Sovereign

@BTT well yeah, I've learned my lesson regarding lurking a long time ago. I made the comment because I don't know much about 4chan beyond that it exists. I really didn't pay much attention to it until the whole Kek alt-right maelstrom.
Source ^
Old 05-01-2017, 01:18 AM   #3608
Teyrn
Groundskeeper

So, I was browsing the Elite: Dangerous reddit just now. Haven't played for a week or two, busy with other stuff, figured I'd find out what's new.

Apparently there was an in-game event organized by the author of the newest Elite book, based around some character named 'Salome'.

The event was basically to determine if she would live, or die in the book. (Apparently the goal of the event was to either protect her while she made her way somewhere, or obviously, kill her.)

Here's the twist, apparently the name of the Commander (Pilot) that killed her is/was supposed to be mentioned in the book.

Cue a certain group called the 'Smiling Dog Crew' (SDC for short). More specifically, a notorious member who's known for griefing, trolling, player-killing, etc.

That member's name? CMDR Harry Potter.

It's happened guys. Harry Potter has officially gone into space and become a notorious pirate/rogue.

Link to a page explaining what happened:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/...sterful-troll/

Steam Profile:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/YKfox
Teyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:45 AM   #3609
Thaumologist
Minister for Magic

The whole event was a massive screw up... Tin foil hat time.

Not only did the 'main' protection detail let SDC in on it, they let FAMOUS SDC in on it. I don't play in open, and I've heard of CMDR HP. And Salami used a regular account, with SDC 'members' on the friendlist. And then, magically, there's an issue with the servers (SDC have previously worked on exploits, to "ensure FDevs closed them"), which means more of the actual protection detail can't get into the instance.

And, of course, the reason for allowing the armed pirates into the protection is "so we know where they are, and can keep an eye on them". Because keeping skilled pirates around is a brilliant idea, when they can be immortalised and written into the game lore, again!

The author has previously worked with SDC (there's a twitter pic around somewhere), making them into canonical villains in one of their stories.

The actual outcome doesn't bother me. I find it pretty amusing.

But it's a pile-up of fuck-ups. And STUPID fuck-ups, not just unlucky ones.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:53 PM   #3610
Teyrn
Groundskeeper

I just kind of hope this leads to a few ED themed Harry Potter crossovers, for great lulz.

TomD: 6.5~ magnitude EQ about 125km away from me. Woke up twice this morning to the whole house shaking.

Apparently a school is closed for damage inspection, and some of the Clay Cliffs had some dirt shaken loose.

This picture is of the cliffs just across a road from a Canadian Tire store.

Steam Profile:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/YKfox
Teyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:57 PM   #3611
Banta
The Chosen One

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Took my last exam (for real this time) to get my JD. I want to stick my head in a blender now--so typical post-exam blues.

Off to get a rice bowl and liquor and forget that thing ever happened.
Banta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:23 PM   #3612
Xiph0
Administrator
First Tovarisch

Went to the dentist and got novacained up. Everything so numb. Trying to eat bacon cause I haven't had anything to eat for ~9 hours.
Xiph0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old 05-01-2017, 11:29 PM   #3613
ScottPress
Chief Warlock
The Horny Sovereign

Reddit link to some of the most hilarious stuff I've seen in my short Reddit career. Been spitting Coke for a good hour now reading this and there's a good bunch left. Real or not, this is comedy gold.
Source ^
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old 05-01-2017, 11:50 PM   #3614
Legacy
Unspeakable

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Thing of my month I guess. So my father passed away in his sleep early April and I've been helping my mother pick up the pieces for the last few weeks. Moving into the apartment with her for the summer so she doesn't suddenly have to deal with an empty home. Everyone has been incredibly supportive and I've had my job moved into Toronto for the summer to take care of her.

Thing of my day, I drove a 17' moving truck today through Toronto from my old place without fucking anyone up. Quite proud of myself.

Steamgifts: http://www.steamgifts.com/user/Sfourn01
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Wintercourt
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:52 AM   #3615
Seratin
Minister for Magic
Proudmander

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Thing of my month I guess. So my father passed away in his sleep early April and I've been helping my mother pick up the pieces for the last few weeks. Moving into the apartment with her for the summer so she doesn't suddenly have to deal with an empty home. Everyone has been incredibly supportive and I've had my job moved into Toronto for the summer to take care of her.

Thing of my day, I drove a 17' moving truck today through Toronto from my old place without fucking anyone up. Quite proud of myself.
Sorry to hear that, @Legacy. Hope things go as smoothly as they can for you.

The Indigo Road
A Pokemon quest
Seratin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:33 PM   #3616
Anarchy
Prisoner

DLP Supporter Donor Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPress View Post
Reddit link to some of the most hilarious stuff I've seen in my short Reddit career. Been spitting Coke for a good hour now reading this and there's a good bunch left. Real or not, this is comedy gold.
The are pretty great. I suggest reading "tales from a street sweeper" from about 10 years ago. epic shit
Old 05-02-2017, 02:24 PM   #3617
ScottPress
Chief Warlock
The Horny Sovereign

My last post itt was technically today, but before I went to sleep, so this is TOMD for May 2nd. I got terribly excited about five minutes ago because I realized it's May and I was convinced that House of Cards had been announced to premiere at the beginning of May. Possibly the most soul crushing instance of Mandela effect I've experienced. I feel cheated, morally and emotionally. Edit: And I misused the term Mandela effect. Let it be preserved for the record and my shame.
Source ^

Last edited by ScottPress; 05-02-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:49 PM   #3618
Churchey
Supreme Mugwump

TOMD: It's teacher appreciation week! I got a free chicken biscuit from Chik-Fil-A this morning, my students brought me a "healthy snack" (about 30 apples, a whole pineapple, assorted diced fruit, and a bag of avocados), admin provided steel city pops (popsicles) after lunch, and I picked up buy-one-get-one-free chipotle for dinner.

Now I just need them to announce that they are giving me a raise and I'll feel really appreciated!
Old 05-02-2017, 09:26 PM   #3619
vlad
Seventh Year

High Score: 2000
Back from Montreal. Kewl city. My French still works. The city is gorgeous but DAMN is that an ugly olympic stadium. Jesus imagine paying for decades to pay off a brutalist monstrosity that outdoes the J Edgar Hoover building in making the eyes bleed. Fuck.

But otherwise, great trip, great people, great fun.

vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old 05-03-2017, 03:39 PM   #3620
Shinysavage
Death Eater
Madman With A Box

High Score: 2,296
Spent far too much time reading up on 'revelations' about the LGBT content in Mass Effect: Andromeda on the BSN forums...which essentially boiled down to "I totally know someone who said that they'd heard this..."

Other than DLP, I don't really visit any other forums on anything like a regular basis, and I think you've all ruined me - I keep expecting things like 'quotes' and 'verifiable sources'.