Dark Lord Potter Forums
Go Back   Dark Lord Potter Forums > FanFiction Extras > Other Fandoms > Story Search
Donate Register Rules Library List IRC Chat FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Donate to DLP Scryer Banner

Old 04-30-2017, 01:16 AM   #2361
Peter North
Dark Lord

I just saw High school DxD and I'm going through a crossover binge with Naruto. Here are a few fics I've read that I find pretty good.

Irregular Metronome - Naruto and Sasuke wake up in a new universe where Naruto is now nobility and Sasuke is a street rat. The story is a bout them making their way to the top in terms of strength. It's sufficiently long and well written. As with all DxD crossovers it looks like it could end up being a multi pairing.

Devil Ninja- Naruto ends up in the Dxd universe and it basically follows the Dxd story line with Naruto as the MC. II recommend this fic since "Engulfing Silence" is a pretty decent author although sometimes it's hard to want to stick with his fics.

A Simple Teenage Shop Owner- I really liked this one best of all. Naruto opens a sweet shop in his new world. Only he keeps getting propositioned by all the different factions to join them and they love his cooking. Naruto is pretty much the strongest character in this fic, but the author somehow has been able to make every battle interesting.
Yer a wizard 'arry. First we'll get yeh wand and then they'll be the sortin' - Good fun, tha'. Then it's off to Liberia to transfigure Ebola-stained bedsheets into treacle tart... Ohh shouldna told yeh that. Should NOT have told yeh that. ~ Vlad
Peter North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:54 AM   #2362
Ferdiad
Auror

Nearly all DxD fics that have a crossover with Naruto or FSN are ridiculous. They make out the MC of the fic to be vastly more powerful than Issei at the respective point in the story yet they fight the same fights and have the same results.
Ferdiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:56 AM   #2363
Peter North
Dark Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
Nearly all DxD fics that have a crossover with Naruto or FSN are ridiculous. They make out the MC of the fic to be vastly more powerful than Issei at the respective point in the story yet they fight the same fights and have the same results.
I can see your point, but I think that the final form of Naruto's power would make him vastly more powerful than most of the Dxd characters.
Yer a wizard 'arry. First we'll get yeh wand and then they'll be the sortin' - Good fun, tha'. Then it's off to Liberia to transfigure Ebola-stained bedsheets into treacle tart... Ohh shouldna told yeh that. Should NOT have told yeh that. ~ Vlad
Peter North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:19 AM   #2364
cooladoola
Second Year

I have seen a few good ones as well:

Irregular Metronome by The King in White: Naruto and DxD world cross-over. So far, it's pretty entertaining.

After the Fourth by Glacious 98: This one is about how Sasuke kills Naruto and the after-effects of that decision.

Rise of the Phoenix by Aquarius Dragon: This one is Sasuke and Madara centric and follows an AU kind of a storyline where Konoha isn't formed yet. It covers the warring era. The characters powers have been reduced quite a bit.

The last two don't have many chapters, but they are still well-written fictions.

Last edited by cooladoola; 04-30-2017 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Beaten by Peter for one fiction, but I am gonna let it stay anyway.
cooladoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:05 PM   #2365
Fardeki
Headmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedMind View Post
You just have to use your time wisely and productively. Thats really all there is to it.
Looks at profile pic.

Hmm...
Fardeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old 04-30-2017, 04:25 PM   #2366
Probellum
Death Eater

If we're talking Naruto/DxD Crossovers, you can't not mention Fearful Symmetry, though it hasn't updated in over a year and a half. Still, at around 75k Words, it's still a decent read.
Quote:
"No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away." - Terry Pratchett
Probellum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:24 PM   #2367
Ryuugi Shi
Jazz Hands!!!

Couldn't get into Irregular Metronome. It spends way too much time with Naruto and Sasuke not developing in any real way, as powers or as characters, even though they're post-canon. Plus, a lot of arcs drag on way to long considering the nature of the people involved and kind of bent Sasuke and Naruto's characters into a silly mess.
I got 99 stories but I've finished three.
Ryuugi Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:08 PM   #2368
Hugplx
Polymagus

DLP Supporter Donor Star
I love the concept of DxD and desperately want a well written crossover, but 99% of them turn into, or are always intended as harem collectawomanathons.

Because canon, and stuff.

Then, as someone already mentioned, there's the inexplicable canon rehashes with vastly more powerful main characters.

I've a similar issue with Fairy Tail fics or xovers.

Find me Overwatching over at BattleNet: Gengar#11497
Hugplx is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 3 thumbs up
Old 05-02-2017, 01:10 PM   #2369
cooladoola
Second Year

Most Godly Naruto fictions are harem stories. I haven't come across any other ones. It's another part of FF that I can't stand.
cooladoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 04:52 PM   #2370
Ferdiad
Auror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter North View Post
I can see your point, but I think that the final form of Naruto's power would make him vastly more powerful than most of the Dxd characters.
No I mean despite his actual power level all the fights play out the same. Just bad writing really.
Ferdiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:22 AM   #2371
Red
Groundskeeper

Lies has been updating semi-regularly and it's still funny to me. https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...edy-au.472801/

Quote:
I fulfilled his usual duties. “What is a jinchuriki?”

The Hokage cleared his throat. “Right. A jinchuriki is a human with a demon sealed inside their body, who serves as its living prison.”

Sakura shuddered. “That sounds horrible.”

“Actually, it’s great. They get to tap into the demon’s chakra, turning themselves into deadly half-beasts that can destroy armies with a sweep of their tail.” The Hokage swept his paperwork off the desk with a sweep of his arm.

“That’s an interesting gimmick,” Kakashi said.

“The village can use that power to supplement their ranks. For instance, one jinchuriki turned Sand from a pathetic village full of weaklings into a village full of weaklings and one jinchuriki”—the Hokage’s eyes curved into an amused crescent—“Of course, Konoha has no need for such things. Why, Naruto killed the Sand jinchuriki in a simple spar, and he was only a genin at the time.”

“Believe it,” Naruto agreed.

“Besides, a rebellious jinchuriki is a dangerous thing. Waterfall was a far greater village before their last one rampaged.”

The First Hokage laughed again, short and harsh.

I was glad that Konoha didn’t have a jinchuriki. They sounded unsafe.

Sakura’s facial twitches were slightly more exaggerated than usual. “So we’re supposed to capture this jinchuriki?”

The Hokage said, “Yes. In fact, you’re an ideal jinchuriki capture squad.”

He gestured at each of us. “Sasuke, your Sharingan can confuse and manipulate even a loose demon. Sakura, your Yamanaka training allows you to quietly capture an enemy without accidentally releasing the demon inside. Naruto, you have absolutely no talents or abilities that are related—“

Naruto yelled, “Hey, what about—”

“Absolutely none,” the Hokage cheerfully continued. “But I’m sure Kakashi will find some use for you.”

Quote:
I could understand his frustration. After all, there was a sizable group of Konoha ninja who insisted that Itachi had murdered my clan during a sleepwalking session because no one in their right mind would willingly leave Konoha. Their argument had merit, but their insistence that Itachi was still sleeping today irritated me.
Quote:
Kakashi shunshined in front of us. “It turns out that our missions can’t be upgraded anymore, so we’re only getting paid for a B-rank.”

That was odd. Naruto said, “Huh? Why’s that, sensei?”

“The Hokage finds it pretty unlikely that we would keep encountering hostile ninja on all of our missions. He thinks that maybe we’re asking for it, like we should wear different clothes or stop picking fights with everyone.”

Sakura placed her hands on her hips. “We are not—“

Kakashi silenced her with a raised hand. “No, I’ve thought about it, and I’ve decided that he’s right. Like, on this last mission, we didn’t even try diplomacy.”

Sakura smiled politely, her body trembling with killer intent.

Kakashi said, “Also, I always pick clients who are just a little bit shifty because I like surprises.”
Quote:
“We expected the Mokuton to die with me,” Hashirama said. “Luckily, the Uchiha are capable of mesmerizing the beasts.”

The Hokage’s smile twitched. “The Uchiha are all dead.”

The First Hokage turned to me. “What.”

“Well, not that one. But the rest of them.”

His monotone voice came out strained, and his black hair began to frizz as we watched. “They were a third of the village.”

The Hokage casually positioned himself behind his own stack of paperwork, providing a barrier between the First Hokage and himself. “Well, not anymore. One of their prodigies went crazy and massacred the whole neighborhood.”

“Ah yes,” Tobirama said, pulling down a piece of paperwork. “The Uchiha Madness.”

Hashirama sighed, his free hand pinching the bridge of his nose as his dominant hand continued signing. “Tobirama, there is no such thing as Uchiha Madness. That was one guy.”

Tobirama snorted. “Typical Senju Optimism.”
Old 05-04-2017, 02:33 PM   #2372
Mutton
Auror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Lies has been updating semi-regularly and it's still funny to me. https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...edy-au.472801/
It's definitely a top tier story

Quote:
“If all goes well, we will not unleash the jinchurikis’ full power.” Sasori explained. “We will simply use the threat of them to control the villages. We do not wish to abolish the entire system—“

“I do,” Deidara said.

“—Most of us do not wish to abolish the entire system, just to enforce a few rules of war. For example, there will be no more child soldiers. To fight, you need to be a responsible adult.”

Deidara added, “We’re thinking twelve.”

“You monster,” Kakashi spat.

Deidara cried, “Which part of that offended you?”

Kakashi’s fists trembled, his right hand sparking with electricity. “I was a child soldier.”
Mutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 1 Thumb Up
Old 05-05-2017, 07:23 AM   #2373
Tempestuous Ocean
First Year

I recently read A Meeting Between Heaven and Earth again, really want to read a similar story.

Is there a story with elements of spirituality and nature energy (especially Naruto's use of Sage Mode) you would recommend?

PS: I think I saw 'A Meeting Between Heaven and Earth' here first. And I do want to read a 'quality Naruto fic', so I didn't start a new thread.
Tempestuous Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:13 PM   #2374
That Guy
Squib

I came across this thread pretty recently and here are some stories that I think are alright but probably fall into the guilty pleasure category.

Dargon of Dragons: Game of the Year Edition: A fic where Issei becomes the Gamer but incorporates Naruto, Kurama, and Orochimaru in some really interesting ways anymore and I spoil the fic but I feel like this takes a while to hit its stride (I think that is how you use that expression if I was incorrect sorry English is not my best language)

Uzumaki Naruto: Dawn of the Gamer: This is a decent gamer fic which when compared to the rest is not saying much, however, I am really interested in seeing what people here make of it.

Fragments of a God: A story which portrays the tailed beasts in a unique way and also explores how that affects them and everything else.

Illimitable - The Child of the Sannin: A story which has OC as the protagonist is set during Minato's Era. Anyone can die and the mechanics of the Shadow Clone is also explored.

Within Interest: A story which tries to modify the !Smart Naruto concept.

An excerpt from Black Comedy by Nonjon
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:02 AM   #2375
Probellum
Death Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
I came across this thread pretty recently and here are some stories that I think are alright but probably fall into the guilty pleasure category.

Dargon of Dragons: Game of the Year Edition: A fic where Issei becomes the Gamer but incorporates Naruto, Kurama, and Orochimaru in some really interesting ways anymore and I spoil the fic but I feel like this takes a while to hit its stride (I think that is how you use that expression if I was incorrect sorry English is not my best language)
Plsno. This is a rather bad fic, where Issei gets super OP really quickly (Even worse than Canon), makes Naruto super edgy and MAXIMUM CHAOS while being pretty much entirely immortal, Issei's been stuck a loop where the world ends over and over again within a few days of his powers activating.

Quote:
Within Interest: A story which tries to modify the !Smart Naruto concept.
This one, at least, is interesting, though I'm hesitant on it, since it's the same author as the fic above.
Quote:
"No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away." - Terry Pratchett
Probellum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:35 AM   #2376
blob
Third Year

Quote:

Second vote that it's bad. Like, absolutely terrible kind of bad. The beginning was okayish at best but had potential, but the further you go the worse it gets. I've jumped around the chapters to see if it improves or leads to anything interesting, but every snippet just got shittier instead.

I suppose that the smart!anything is really one of the keywords that the fic is going to suck, much like harem, bashing etc. I have yet to see a smart!fic that I've liked (or that was at least decent, TBH)
Old 06-13-2017, 11:00 AM   #2377
Mugglewizard
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
The best part about Lies for me is that no one seems to know where the real Naruto is.

I tried to distract myself with idle conversation. “Do you think Naruto’s dead?”

Sakura snorted. “I don’t even think he’s in Rain right now.”
Mugglewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Thumbs Up 2 thumbs up
Old 06-13-2017, 02:12 PM   #2378
Nemrut
Order Member
The Black Mage

High Score: 2,101
The summary of Illimitable makes it seem like the main character is going to be unbearable.

Signature done by Palindrome

Nemrut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:51 AM   #2379
That Guy
Squib

Each to their own but I feel the descriptions,consequences and reactions of techniques are well explained
(I was going to quote the fic but spoiler tags are still a mystery to me )

An excerpt from Black Comedy by Nonjon
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:19 AM   #2380
Hush
Fifth Year

Quote:
Each to their own but I feel the descriptions,consequences and reactions of techniques are well explained
(I was going to quote the fic but spoiler tags are still a mystery to me )
It's (spoiler) ... (/spoiler) but with square brackets [] []
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
almost recommended: naruto edition, discussion without recc, naruto, sakura's corpse as a recommendation